Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2013, 13:44   #106

Re: The Bottom Of My St Has Geese & Peacocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
...As for statistics(of which you seem awfully fond) they are just lies dressed up in their Sunday Best, and tell you only what the statistician wants you to believe.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Lie-Stat...4181017&sr=8-1

One of my favourite books

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-11-2013, 13:59   #107
Beacon of light

Yes, I used to be responsible for looking at research and statistics.......I never really trusted them much.
They posed far more questions than answers....and sometimes they just didn't add up (says the girl who flunked maths at School)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 14:36   #108
I am Banned

As Artemus Ward is quoted in the intro:
It ain’t so much the things we don’t know that get us into trouble. It’s the things we know that ain’t so.

DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 16:20   #109
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Rob, this is just for you.......I had actually signed off from this thread......if you read my posts you will know exactly what I meant.....it is as clear as the nose on anyone's face....BUT someone feels the need to patronise and score points.....meaning that the message gets distorted.
This is in ANYTHING GOES,
Wasn't calling you back into the thread. Was just throwing it out there.
Old 13-11-2013, 02:40   #110
I am Banned

....meanwhile at the bottom of a street in a northern town (think Lowry without the chimneys) the geese and peacocks are going hungry since the children who feed them were frightened off by an old man smelling of mothballs and rancid dishcloth.*

* That was the description given to PC Dave Render by young Bayani Cratchit when he asked him why him his pals didn't play down there anymore.

PC Render has compiled a photofit picture of the suspect and it will hopefully be in this Fridays Observer. I am hoping to get an advance copy which I will share with you as soon as.
Old 13-11-2013, 07:57   #111
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

The Bottom Of My St Has Geese & Peacocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
....meanwhile at the bottom of a street in a northern town (think Lowry without the chimneys) the geese and peacocks are going hungry since the children who feed them were frightened off by an old man smelling of mothballs and rancid dishcloth.*

* That was the description given to PC Dave Render by young Bayani Cratchit when he asked him why him his pals didn't play down there anymore.

PC Render has compiled a photofit picture of the suspect and it will hopefully be in this Fridays Observer. I am hoping to get an advance copy which I will share with you as soon as.
Oh poor Mr. Popularity, still trying your best and still failing.
Can you not remember? Neither I nor anyone else cares about anything you say because you aren't liked.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 22:58   #112

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post

Hmmm.....'smelling of a rancid dishcloth' as a verbatim description by a youth...I've looked around and can't seem to find this remark attributed to the Great Harwood Community Beat Manager....would you care to point me in the direction where you got this information?
Old 15-11-2013, 08:27   #113
I am Banned

Get 3 loaves and maybe 5 fishes Guinness and get yourself down to the bottom of Less's street when schools out this afternoon, if you ask around for young Bayani Cratchit in a civil manner I am sure he will repeat his story. I have posted a pic of his Mum so you will locate him easily. She will be watching you I am sure.
Attached Images
File Type: gif burka-knight-rider.gif (282.3 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by DtheP47; 15-11-2013 at 08:30.
Old 15-11-2013, 08:32   #114
I am Banned

Uh Oh forgot:
Wizz you questioned my parentage in another thread

“O hail to you Great Cheeseburger” As Oscar Wilde said “Life imitates art” and your new avatar bolsters that proposition Wizz.

If I did indeed know my pappy I am sure he never treat women in such a despicable and cowardly way as yoursel’ as evidenced on this thread (twice).

And let’s not go down the road of the shipstorm of biblical hyperbole you and your attack dogs unleashed on someone so obviously a couple of loaves short of a picnic in Tabgah eh?
Old 19-11-2013, 16:00   #115
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Another thing at the bottom of my street is a short path that by-passes the neibouring houses.

When I finally emerged To head down town I saw the frost on the ground, so I avoided the path and walked around rather than have life slippy underfoot.

Call it the wrath of God or whatever but someone got their revenge, as soon as I turned onto the street I usually pass the ground frost there had been heated by the sun oops a daisy I lose my footing and have bruises down my right hand side and was walking with a limp.

The return trip, I forgot about the frost, busy dragging my right leg I was hurrying home, (slowly).

Took the short path, went A over T and landed on my left side, more bruises.

Miracle of miracles though, I no longer walk with a limp, I now walk like John Wayne having forgotten he's got off his horse.

OoH, the pain the agony, not to worry, I've got a few tinnys, better than Asprin.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 16:11   #116
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Call it the wrath of God or whatever but someone got their revenge,

K99WARD did warn you! Maybe you'll listen now.
Less and susie123 like this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2013, 14:45   #117
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
but someone got their revenge, as soon as I turned onto the street I usually pass the ground frost there had been heated by the sun oops a daisy I lose my footing and have bruises down my right hand side and was walking with a limp.

The return trip, I forgot about the frost, busy dragging my right leg I was hurrying home, (slowly).

Took the short path, went A over T and landed on my left side, more bruises.

OoH, the pain the agony, not to worry, I've got a few tinnys, better than Asprin.
Allah moves in mysterious ways Less. I’ve heard a woman had to be treated in Accy Vic Casualty that day to have a burqa untangled from her epiglottis.

Her medical notes say the cause was a sharp intake of breath but I reckon she had a fit of the giggles.
Them there masks should come with a government heath warning.
Old 21-11-2013, 14:55   #118
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I like this thread but now I need to clean coffee of my monitor, thanks for that fellas

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..