Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2012, 22:35   #361
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The calm room

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Wise words as always, Eric.

Ah the delights of the Ovaltineys, Take Your Pick with Michael Miles, and the famous Infra Draw method by Horace Batchelor of K E Y N S H A M Bristol!

Those were the days!
Twas Horace Batchelor Department 3 Keynsham Bristol, Funny i can remember crap like that, But owt important,little chance.
Old 14-04-2012, 09:28   #362
Senior Member+

Quote:
But I was only a kid, so it was (teddy) bear at home - not old enough for the real thing to register!

Things are different now!
I myself was not of an age that I could imbibe, although I do remember the wagons coming around leaving crates of beer on doorsteps. It would not happen today, for numerous reasons.

I didn't have a teddy bear, I had an Archie Andrews ventriloquists dummy, I wasn't a ventriloquist, just strange.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 10:37   #363
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I myself was not of an age that I could imbibe, although I do remember the wagons coming around leaving crates of beer on doorsteps. It would not happen today, for numerous reasons.

I didn't have a teddy bear, I had an Archie Andrews ventriloquists dummy, I wasn't a ventriloquist, just strange.
The strangest thing about Archie Andrews was that it was ventriloquism on the radio!

Actually I had a panda, not a teddy bear, but Brumas the baby polar bear was the big thing when I was a tot. She was born the day before my third birthday and I still have a thing about polar bears... see my signature!

Davenorts beer at home has been revived recently. Don't know how successful it's been.

Beer at home returns with ordering on-line « Express & Star
Old 14-04-2012, 11:57   #364
Senior Member+

Quote:
The strangest thing about Archie Andrews was that it was ventriloquism on the radio!

Actually I had a panda, not a teddy bear, but Brumas the baby polar bear was the big thing when I was a tot. She was born the day before my third birthday and I still have a thing about polar bears... see my signature!

Davenorts beer at home has been revived recently. Don't know how successful it's been.

I know he was on the radio, but he did move to TV, and Peter Brough was rubbish at it, you could see his lips move, and he made no attempt to alter that fact. Still as a child these things didn't matter, I used to think Old Mother Riley was a woman, and Jimmy Clitheroe was really a child.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 12:02   #365
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I know he was on the radio, but he did move to TV, and Peter Brough was rubbish at it, you could see his lips move, and he made no attempt to alter that fact. Still as a child these things didn't matter, I used to think Old Mother Riley was a woman, and Jimmy Clitheroe was really a child.
We were so young and innocent!
Old 14-04-2012, 12:04   #366
Senior Member+

They were the good old days of childhood and innocence. Not influenced by tv or video games.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 11:48   #367
God Member

Quote:

Me too ... I have a polar bear ... And a Canadian Forces bear in UN gear ... and lions, pandas, gorillas ... all of them. I haven't had a recent head count, but I've got well over a hundred. And a great collection of Gainer the Gopher.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...the_Gopher.jpg
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 12:19   #368
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Me too ... I have a polar bear ... And a Canadian Forces bear in UN gear ... and lions, pandas, gorillas ... all of them. I haven't had a recent head count, but I've got well over a hundred. And a great collection of Gainer the Gopher.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...the_Gopher.jpg
Oh Eric - so you really do have quite a lot of critters...

Recently we bought quite a lot of very soft stuffed rats and mice which serve a useful practical purpose - we use them to stuff between items of crockery etc in our motorhome to stop the rattles when we're moving. I wonder if we should get a cat to keep them under control?
Old 16-04-2012, 15:00   #369
God Member

Quote:
Oh Eric - so you really do have quite a lot of critters...

Recently we bought quite a lot of very soft stuffed rats and mice which serve a useful practical purpose - we use them to stuff between items of crockery etc in our motorhome to stop the rattles when we're moving. I wonder if we should get a cat to keep them under control?
A cat ... yes, indeed ... maybe two or three Pictured below is the best mouser I ever knew ... she was killing mice when she was 22

That's my Sadie ... I miss her.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM0011.jpg (48.2 KB, 46 views)
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 20:12   #370
Give, give, give member

Nice and peaceful on here.

Why's that?

Exhausted themselves?

New term started?

Rehab?

Nice, though.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 21:17   #371

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Nice and peaceful on here.

Why's that?

Exhausted themselves?

New term started?

Rehab?

Nice, though.
It's the lull before the storm, Rindi!
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 22:15   #372
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
It's the lull before the storm, Rindi!
Not lobotomies all round?

Didn't know their arses from their elbows before.

Really confusing for them now.

Be nice and peaceful for them in here though.

As they gently rock, and bang their heads on the calming walls.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..