Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By westendlass
  • 1 Post By Turtle
  • 1 Post By Sunflower49

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2014, 20:46   #1
Full Member+

The dog took the you know what.

Took the dog out yesterday and he threw himself round like a nutter as usual. Got home ok then there was a squeal as he forced himself under the coffee table in to his favourite spot. He was a sad sight as he limped upstairs to bed, poor chap. This morning I discovered a semi paralysed hound who couldn't move his back legs, I had to slide him downstairs on my knee ,one step at a time(all five stone of him) to get him in front of the fire. After a home visit from the vet, two injections and some medicine I had to go to work. On my return I found Arnold running around like a young pup, even the vet thought he'd seriously damaged his back. Talk about pushing the limits of attention seeking, he ran out in to the back garden and came back with a rusty nail that he'd found and tried to swallow. My nerves are shattered for today,anyone else have a lunatic for a pet?
Stevie R and Sunflower49 like this.
Old 06-03-2014, 15:02   #2

Re: The dog took the you know what.

What a harrowing experience! Yes, we love 'em to distraction, but our crazy pets can drive us nuts. Glad to hear your pup is ok though, at least until the next time
westendlass likes this.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 17:38   #3

My dog's been known to pretend to limp, so I bend down to check her paws thus am distracted from holding her lead , and then try to bolt (she succeeded the first time)... Her predecessor used to do a similar thing , if she had had a genuine limp that had healed, she'd realise the attentions had dwindled and then pretend the limp had come back, often forgetting which paw/leg it was!

Nothing quite as extreme as what you describe, though!Rascal-I'd have been terrified!
westendlass likes this.
Old 11-03-2014, 17:48   #4
Full Member+

They're masters of manipulation, I think it's us that are daft. He's a really naughty boy but I love him to bits.
Old 11-03-2014, 18:47   #5

If aliens came and looked at us picking up dog waste I'm pretty sure I know who they'd think was the superior species.
Yes I love mine to distraction too, but sometimes I wish I didn't

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..