Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2013, 12:10   #31
Resting In Peace

Re: The Trouble With Winkles Is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I'm afraid we don't qualify as eccentric, we aren't aristocratic nor did we have silver spoons in our mouths when born (mine would be in a pawn shop by now if I had been).
So we will have to settle for what we can afford, which is not a full shilling!
Not a silver spoon in your case Less but a winkle picker?
Old 10-11-2013, 12:12   #32
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

The Trouble With Winkles Is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Not a silver spoon in your case Less but a winkle picker?
Yes a size 9 black one, I know I suffer from foot in mouth disease.
susie123 likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 19:21   #33

winckles, arghhhhhhhhhhhhh, like eating snot.me and my sister used to collect them at heysham head.dad thought they were brill.
jack preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 00:13   #34

Less and Margaret - isn't it great to be battily eccentric....life is much more fun when you are. I get away with lots of things because of being perceived as such. You have to be very clever to be able to get away with it.
Many thanks for all the chuckles you bring to the Web.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 18:01   #35
Beacon of light

Dotti, you are so right, except Less tells me that because we are commoners and not the aristocrats(I thought that was a disney film)...we are not entitled to use the term eccentric...we have be 'not a full shilling'...but I tell you, I am worth at least tenpence of anybody's money.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:56   #36

Could we be aristocratic commoners - is there such a thing? Am sure if we go back further enough in time there will be some connection to that lot of the blue blood brigade....maybe it's wishful thinking on my part that I am an eccentric - more probably it's that I'm just daft!!!!!! Common knowledge!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2013, 12:01   #37
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Could we be aristocratic commoners - is there such a thing? Am sure if we go back further enough in time there will be some connection to that lot of the blue blood brigade....maybe it's wishful thinking on my part that I am an eccentric - more probably it's that I'm just daft!!!!!! Common knowledge!!!!!!

That would take us past Eccentric and swiftly descending into Lunacy. Without trying we would invent a set of rules at first as guidance then, after a few smart arses found that money could be made by telling people how to obey the rules we would find ourselves splitting into smaller and smaller groups.

The Eccentrics would feel superior to the not a full shillings, the not a few shillings would feel persecuted by the Eccentrics, eventually after a couple of millenia we would settle down to being ordinary joes that can put up with each others idiosyncracies, until our peace is disturbed by the virtual knock on the door and some seventh stage compulsive obsessive will not accept that we can get along and start quoting from the Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy and telling us what to do.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 20:40   #38

You've convinced me, Less. I'll just stay daft.
Old 13-11-2013, 07:08   #39
Resting in Peace

Got a visit from my brother yesterday
and he brought me pressies
4 bags of winkles (less might get some tomorrow if I have not finished them)
4 ox/beef cheeks these are really tasty slow cooked in the oven for a few hours.
if you get the chance try them
and a 1 pint cup with "grumpy old git " on er thanks dear brother

ps hope you get through all your e-mail now its sorted
Less, shillelagh and david1 like this.

Last edited by Mick; 13-11-2013 at 07:14.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..