Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree171Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2014, 22:57   #2356
God Member

Re: Today I met an Accywebber...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
A very pleasant afternoon, good to meet DinG and his lady - somewhat surprised to find I still had hub caps on the car - probably didn't let on where I had parked it.
He's back again in 10 days, he was just lulling you in to a false sense of security
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 13-10-2014, 17:51   #2357
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Just back in from Yorkingshire after visiting Accy & going the match where we was robbed! That aside though, caught up with lancs Dave, Less, Cashy, that manky fan Barrie, Eric, Jeff & Leylandii, good to see you all folks!(Even that Mankyun )
Old 16-11-2014, 13:03   #2358
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Met Smobile fer the first time,up Carlisle yesterday, was good to meet him.
Old 17-11-2014, 08:04   #2359

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Met Smobile fer the first time,up Carlisle yesterday, was good to meet him.
Great to meet you Cashy - pity the team couldn't make it a memorable occasion - awful display, but a good day out.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2014, 23:49   #2360
I am Banned

Well I didn't meet one I lie....but just watched the new James Brown bio pic... and...
when Mr Brown goes to sign his recording deal at King Records in Cincinnati who should be staring down from a poster on the wall?
Our very own Wynonie Harris.

DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 10:21   #2361
God Member

Had a quick natter wi' cashman in Tesco yesterday, while I was talking to Derek. Don't reckon he recognised me though.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:33   #2362
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Had a quick natter wi' cashman in Tesco yesterday, while I was talking to Derek. Don't reckon he recognised me though.
Yer quite right i didn't. although i told the boss when i got home, was talking to a guy in Tesco n knew his puss,but couldn't place him.
Old 12-02-2015, 13:09   #2363
Resting in Peace

If you look carefully you will see an Accyweb members photo in this weeks Observer
shillelagh likes this.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 13:41   #2364
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Why who's been Gaoled?
Eric likes this.
Old 12-02-2015, 16:05   #2365
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
If you look carefully you will see an Accyweb members photo in this weeks Observer
Clocked her, defo not a gaolbird.
DtheP47 likes this.
Old 13-02-2015, 11:59   #2366
I am Banned

Met Atarah in the Arndale museum, always good to see a fellow Woodnooker. She confirms Blockade is being demolished next week and had some old maps out showing the area way back when plus a photo of the old Blacksmiths near there.
She too had never come across the blue Accrington Engineering brick posted on here, and we spent some time up Priestly Clough in days of yore.
Mentioned to her and Bernard the "Cotton to Gold" exhibition now on in London none of us have seen it publicised up here??
I'll create a new thread in "What's on"
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 16:15   #2367
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
She too had never come across the blue Accrington Engineering brick posted on here, and we spent some time up Priestly Clough in days of yore.
Looking for 'blue Accrington Engineering bricks'??

Come on!
cashman likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:17   #2368
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Bumped into Barrie Yates in Tesco this morning had a good natter,twas good to see him again.
Old 12-03-2015, 21:43   #2369
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Bumped into Barrie Yates in Tesco this morning had a good natter,twas good to see him again.
Glad to still be around -good seeing you Cashy
Old 11-04-2015, 21:41   #2370
Senior Member+

Today I bumped into Mr. gpick24, and where did this chance encounter occur, Broadway, Tesco, or perhaps on the bus going home, no, on the edge of The Craggs on the top of Pendle Hill. Nice to put a face to the keyboard.
shillelagh, Turtle and gpick24 like this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..