Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2016, 18:30   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Toothache

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Snap Margaret.

Gonna'
hop off this thread before the thread wander taliban censure me.
Its in anything goes, so any owd crap will do.
Restless and Accyexplorer like this.
Old 27-01-2016, 18:35   #32
Senior Member+

The only other thing I would suggest is to try dropping a few menthol crystals in with the hot water.
Mrs E has sinus problems and she swears by the things,You can get a decent supply for under a £5 from a well known auction site....

...hope your feeling better soon R .
Restless likes this.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 18:47   #33
Beacon of light

This might not have the same effect Jason.. The swelling that Rob is experiencing is the result of surgical inflammation.
Menthol is fine for clearing the brochial tubes.....but this is different
Restless likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 19:09   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
This might not have the same effect Jason.. The swelling that Rob is experiencing is the result of surgical inflammation.
Menthol is fine for clearing the brochial tubes.....but this is different
I will bow to your greater knowledge on the subject M

password--Accyweb
Old 27-01-2016, 19:54   #35
Beacon of light

I haven't done ENT nursing since 1974(!)...and some things have changed, but I still read medical and nursing stuff....and maintain an interest in all things medical...must be in the blood
Restless likes this.
Old 28-01-2016, 00:32   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Retlaw...Antley villa used(well almost) to be as bad as that in the 80/90's creating my major fear of dentists for such a long time. I have a fear of needles too

I also have a bit of dental pain due to the operation I had. Toothache is one of the worst pains a person can go through. I have had it a lot in the past, depends on the tooth on how much it hurts. Feel for ya dude.

Talking about rinsing with salty water. I am doing that(also has bicarb soda) every morning and night for the next three months. I am squirting around pint of it up my nose. I had a septoplasty on the 18th and there was complications with the breathing tube for the anesthetic which has left my throat really sore, my nose is sore(its a nose operation) constantly and I am sure they caught my teeth and gums with the tube because my mouth is sore too.
9 days later and I still cannot breathe what so ever through my nose and I sneezed for the first time today and everything felt like it was breaking at once. I tried to get most of it out my mouth, the pain was like nothing I have ever felt before, A quick-sharp-shock of mouth pain, throat pain, nose pain(was absolutely extreme) and my ears popped with the pressure. It hurt so much I felt like crying. Its 3.30am now and sleeping is a terror to give in to. I am sleeping on the armchair because I wake on my side and that isn't good.
My sympathies for your pain, R. I hope you feel better soon.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 23:14   #37
Senior Member+

I went to the dentist again today to enquire about the cost of a tooth extraction.
The receptionist said "we offer 3 levels of extraction treatment".

"For £200 there is Lv1 where you get the tooth extracted,no pain,no swelling and no blood"....."or there's Lv2 for £120 where we extract the tooth,there's a little bit of blood and a small amount of pain and swelling"..... "or there's Lv3 for £25 where we pull the tooth the old fashioned way,with pliers,there's plenty of blood,lots of swelling and a unbearable amount of pain".

"Lv3" I said abruptly.
"really" said the receptionist..."yes" I replied "book Mrs E in for Monday".
Stevie R likes this.

password--Accyweb
Old 20-02-2016, 23:19   #38

Oh, dear! AccyX, you really are all heart...I know you were only joking with your posting but at least I'm sure if the occasion arose Mrs E would be much braver than you where dentists are concerned, 'cause as you must surely know women are built to withstand more pain than their male counterparts.....

...now I bet I've opened the floodgates - just hear the men roar!
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 08:21   #39
Beacon of light

Dotti, I almost posted something very similar to your post yesterday......but didn't for fear of being told that my sense of humour has withered.
Having had very bad experiences of dentistry in the past......and having overcome these with the help and patience of the team at Oak House stops me from finding this funny......and knowing that Jason has just recently had an unpleasant time with a tooth abscess makes me feel that he might just be due a bolt of cosmic karma(not the sort we give on here....the kind that real life doles out).
Accyexplorer likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..