Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eric

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2013, 23:05   #1

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Top 5 road users

The top 5 road users I would willingly don a black hood and hang....

1. 28mph man/woman...no faster, no slower...They'll push it up to 35mph in a 40 zone and toodle along at 60mph in the middle lane on a clear motorway. They take the outside lane at Dill Hall going towards the Dunk and stick to it because their turning right towards Burnley a mile down the road.

2. You ain't overtakin' me....drives with two wheels on the central white lines totally oblivious to anyone behind (this is usually a female), hasn't got the confidence to perform an overtaking manoeuvre but is determined not to let anyone else past either.

3. Wrong lane Charlie.....the guy (ALWAYS a audi/bmw or equivalent male), who ignores the arrows on slip roads or lane closed ahead signs just to get one or two car lengths ahead and forces his way in ignoring the infuriated honks of proper drivers forced to brake and swerve behind him.

4. Cyclists...lycra clad dipsticks who travel two abreast, ignore the highway code, hold everyone up until they manage to get past only to see them weave in and out at the next traffic light to rinse and repeat.

5, Dustbinmen...think its ok to ignore the highway code because they have a sign on the back warning that they may stop suddenly..hello guys..this doesn't mean you can double park for five minutes in rush hour, reverse or do a three point turn on a main highway.

Dishonourable mention for

Taxi drivers...rules of the road don't apply to them..a breed apart...double yellow lines, double parking, indicators, road courtesy, sounding your horn...what are they then?

Drivers who block junctions by driving through traffic lights on green with their exit blocked, knowing full well that they will not get through before the lights change, usually a female.

If I win the lottery this weekend....this is my new ride..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg challenger_2.jpg (25.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 29-11-2013, 23:42   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Top 5 road users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
3. Wrong lane Charlie.....the guy (ALWAYS a audi/bmw or equivalent male), who ignores the arrows on slip roads or lane closed ahead signs just to get one or two car lengths ahead and forces his way in ignoring the infuriated honks of proper drivers forced to brake and swerve behind him...
You let them in? I am shocked, the whole idea is to try and push them into the crash barrier. I play that game a lot at the M6 end of the M58.

Also like making wrong lane on purpose man go the wrong way.
It was challenge between 2 of us when I worked at Burnley - who could push wrong lane man down the M65 from the Happy Eater ( yes I am old) roundabout when he didn't want to. I won
Old 30-11-2013, 08:17   #3
Senior Member+

I once had a car trying to overtake me on the A56 from Edenfield to Haslingden. He tried to cut me up just as I was turning to Haslingden as he was going to Haslingden .Oh dear he had to carry on to Rawtenstall
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 09:41   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
I once had a car trying to overtake me on the A56 from Edenfield to Haslingden. He tried to cut me up just as I was turning to Haslingden as he was going to Haslingden .Oh dear he had to carry on to Rawtenstall
I've done that one quite a lot. Even missed the exit myself to make sure they don't get in. It drives my mrs mad if she is in the car with me.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 10:03   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
I've done that one quite a lot. Even missed the exit myself to make sure they don't get in. It drives my mrs mad if she is in the car with me.
Same with mine
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 12:34   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
The top 5 road users I would willingly don a black hood and hang....
I don't bother counting ... I work on the principle that everyone on the road but me is an idiot.
Guinness likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:49   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post

Its a fail if you miss your turning as well sorry

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..