Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2014, 09:27   #31
Beacon of light

Re: Toy trains....hmmm

Cashy, I think most of them haven't the gumption for that.......they are just self centred egotistical twits who think we should have an interest in what they think.
But no names, no pack drill...and not meaning anyone in particular here.
Accrington Web
Old 08-10-2014, 10:01   #32
Senior Member+

Just chuckling at your post Margaret. The word "egotistical" reminds me of a song by Mac Davies.
He thought it meant something to do with the way he wears his skin tight blue jeans.
From the song "Hard to be humble"
Sorry, of track, better put my little Hornby chuff chuff back on the lines before the next express comes along.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:33   #33
Beacon of light

I am glad it made you smile Russell...that means my day has not been in vain.

Nothing at all wrong with having leisure pursuits...and it is rank bad manners to be scathing about what someone else finds interesting and diversionary.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:51   #34
Senior Member+

The game developers that made arma2 the game that was modded to create dayz two of the developers was sentenced to 20 years in prison for espionage because they were that dedicated to making the game arma3 as realistic as possible. They were caught taking pics of military bases.

The game arma 3 is that difficult it takes serious military tactics and mindset to play it. It is anything but silly. I wish I could play games all day. One guy that does makes £40k a month doing it. Well that's the power of advertising for ya. Alas I have a job to do....
Old 08-10-2014, 11:08   #35
Senior Member+

chuff chuff ........chuff chuff

I know a fella who is obsessed (if that's the right term) with his model train set (having a bit of fun with Less is just a bonus to starting this thread).

He's not "obsessed" to the point he has to have one in his pocket at all times but he bangs on about strips of green fabric and how much each train of his costs more than other hobby enthusiasts I've had the pleasure of meeting.
I guess its one of them things 'i just don't get',I get the liking of trains part,even i like the sight of a old steam engine now and again (its even been known for me to get the odd drop of adrenalin (as a child) as it passes by,but it doesn't last long).Model trains don't seem a particularly cheap way of watching something go round in circles for hours.In my childhood I preferred scalectrix personally but that had the tendency to get a little tiresome after a while,I guess like most interest's there ok in moderation.

I prefer even toy trains in comparison to playing on a Xbox/PS4 (yes Restless i'm looking at you ).
Why? well the problem with a lot of modern gaming is that someone else does most of the work for you. If I play Halo 11, the story is always going to end the same way,even games that try to offer a pseudo 'choice' (cough cough Fable) cannot break out of this.
There's simply no comparison with something that requires a little imagination

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 08-10-2014 at 11:10.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:18   #36
Senior Member+

I prefer playing PC to Xbox/ps4 I still have the xbox for retro gaming. (8bit)
Ive never been into halo. DayZ and the way some people play it gives good insight into the human condition
Old 08-10-2014, 11:25   #37
Beacon of light

'Just having a little fun with Less'.....is that what you call it?
Well, I never. Fun was much more imaginative in my day....and like these games that you decry, the 'having fun with Less' is always going to end the same way.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:33   #38
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
the 'having fun with Less' is always going to end the same way.
Indeed Margaret it will end in tears before bedtime for the silly boy.

Yet again he starts a thread the response shows him out of step with everyone else and he calls it fun?

How has he lasted so long in life if that is his idea of fun?
Old 08-10-2014, 11:40   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I'll just put a link to a Train set I wish I could have built.

I can't see how you'd get excited about that clip Less ,is it from HornPub ?
If i built that beast i'd be gutted about having to dismantle it to build my next project.

password--Accyweb
Old 08-10-2014, 11:48   #40
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I can't see how you'd get excited about that clip Less ,
I really don't care whether you can or can't see anything to get excited about, the link was put on site for genuine AccyWeb members not for some backward child that comes on to troll his way around site every day.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:49   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
'Just having a little fun with Less'.....is that what you call it?
Well, I never. Fun was much more imaginative in my day....and like these games that you decry, the 'having fun with Less' is always going to end the same way.
Are you saying imagination comes from the user, not his tools/train set ups....hmm

password--Accyweb
Old 08-10-2014, 12:05   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I really don't care whether you can or can't see anything to get excited about, the link was put on site for genuine AccyWeb members not for some backward child that comes on to troll his way around site every day.
This fella certainly likes his trains

Old 08-10-2014, 12:35   #43
Senior Member+

This threads been going a couple of days now, isn`t this where you normally back track.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:40   #44
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Are you saying imagination comes from the user, not his tools/train set ups....hmm
I am not saying anything........and adding a smiley to something that you feel may cause offence makes it more offensive than an honest post.......and I am not referring to the above post, but to other posts where you know you are overstepping the line.

I know that the internet is a very poor medium for getting across nuances, and that it suffers from the fact that you do not have the additional cues that body language gives(in a discussion)...but there is still a requirement to be thoughtful about what you post.

Personally, I find it a bit sad(unhappy sad, that is) that someone who has the potential to make interesting and informative posts...to enrich the forum, fails to do so...and resorts to what is, basically, childish behaviour.

We all have our idiosyncrasies, our foibles.....we can all get heated and irate at times.......and sometimes (only sometimes) this can make for interesting reading, because it polarises opinion.
I respect your right to have the opinions you have, but I do not like to read stuff which is aimed at ridicule of either the forum or a member of the forum.

You need to think before you hit the 'submit' button.

And before you accuse me of being in cahoots with Less.......I want to tell you that I make my own opinions about threads/posts.
I am capable of independent thought.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:47   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

And before you accuse me of being in cahoots with Less.......I want to tell you that I make my own opinions about threads/posts.
I am capable of independent thought.
Oh it will do, thats a knocking bet, A know all that knows nowt always resorts to that, How many have we had of them oer the years?
Less likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..