Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2014, 16:52   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Vanishing plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
Not that it's relevant to the thread, but Stevie Wonder would have no problem at all with a maze. Just touch left (or right) hand to the wall, and as long as he turns left (or right) whenever he comes to a gap, and is therefore back in contact with a wall, he'll be able to escape.

I tried the theory at a Maize Maze near Weymouth and out of a party of five, I was second to arrive at the centre.
Maze solving algorithm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ok,anyone else want to rap my knuckles

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2014, 16:58   #17
Beacon of light

I wasn't rapping your knuckles. It was just an observation.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 20:05   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Maze solving algorithm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wasn't rapping your knuckles, you've been getting a lot of that recently, but for a moment I did think about it for using a simile based on disability.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 21:18   #19
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Vanishing plane

Quote:
I'll give it a go,

What a really sad person you are, sitting safe and sound at your keyboard making up silly theories and speculating about a situation that has probably caused the deaths of other people.
I don't suppose you will feel any sense of guilt for acting in this way, after all it's only a bit of 'fun', it's not as if you are doing anything wrong is it?
What a real waste of space you and people like you are.
Is there anyone else that agrees the thread starter should shut up until we know what has really happened?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:46   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I'll give it a go,

What a really sad person you are, sitting safe and sound at your keyboard making up silly theories and speculating about a situation that has probably caused the deaths of other people.
I don't suppose you will feel any sense of guilt for acting in this way, after all it's only a bit of 'fun', it's not as if you are doing anything wrong is it?
What a real waste of space you and people like you are.
Is there anyone else that agrees the thread starter should shut up until we know what has really happened?
Looks like your on your own less (unless your counting the chip on your shoulder) .
I will shut up though,since you asked so nicely.

password--Accyweb
Old 12-03-2014, 08:10   #21

I'm with you, Less. Of course we are all entitled to our own thoughts about this awful mystery but it seems to me that gossipy speculation is what this thread started out as.

It must be absolutely dreadful for the people waiting for news of their loved ones, and all the talk about what might or might not have happened doesn't make it any easier for them.

Let's just hope that the mystery is solved quickly with the best outcome possible which is that all are safe.
Less and DtheP47 like this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:37   #22
Senior Member+

It's day 4 now, still Nothing,how long do you want to wait to discuss this topic?
What's "wrong" with taking a look at the mystery plane story dominating the headlines?
The (heavy) speculation in the abscence of any evidence is all we can do.

There are so many questions unanswered.
Why the u-turn? Why fly low? Why are the transponders off?
Is it possible for a large airplane to dive into the water without breaking up and go down like a rock, no debris, no trace ,no distress call? I think not.

Anyone fancy watching a movie at mine?
It's called flightplan

password--Accyweb
Old 12-03-2014, 09:54   #23

Vanishing plane

Quote:
Looks like your on your own less (unless your counting the chip on your shoulder) .

I will shut up though,since you asked so nicely.

Give it a few more hours most people sleep at night.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:01   #24

Vanishing plane

Quote:
It's day 4 now, still Nothing,how long do you want to wait to discuss this topic?

What's "wrong" with taking a look at the mystery plane story dominating the headlines?

The (heavy) speculation in the abscence of any evidence is all we can do.

There are so many questions unanswered.

Why the u-turn? Why fly low? Why are the transponders off?

Is it possible for a large airplane to dive into the water without breaking up and go down like a rock, no debris, no trace ,no distress call? I think not.

Anyone fancy watching a movie at mine?

It's called flightplan

Discussion is one thing, turning it into a conspiracy theory with no respect for the victims, just shows how sick you are.
AccyWeb is not for conspiracies there are plenty of sites out there for such trash.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:29   #25
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
I'm with you, Less. Of course we are all entitled to our own thoughts about this awful mystery but it seems to me that gossipy speculation is what this thread started out as.

It must be absolutely dreadful for the people waiting for news of their loved ones, and all the talk about what might or might not have happened doesn't make it any easier for them.

Let's just hope that the mystery is solved quickly with the best outcome possible which is that all are safe.
That has been my take on this subject from day one.
For the families this is a tragedy, made much worse by the uncertainty.

As for positive outcomes - I think that is very unlikely with each hour that passes.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:31   #26
Senior Member+

To anyone directly or indirectly effected by this tragedy,I appologse if any of my comments have offended you or have caused you (unintentional) distress.
It was wrong for me to cultivate rumours and fears which are totally unfounded.
I hope they are found soon,although the longer time goes on, I very much doubt a good outcome.

I'll leave this thread alone now

password--Accyweb
Old 12-03-2014, 14:15   #27
God Member

Quote:
this tragedy
It's not a tragedy ... who knows what it is ... probably an accident caused by mechanical failure or human error ... maybe a terrorist act, altho' if it were, someone or some group would have claimed responsibility by now. Not every event involving loss of life is a "tragedy" ... the word is becoming meaningless ... it's an attention grabber for an overactive media. When everything becomes a tragedy, nothing is tragic. If I were personally involved, if I had lost a friend or loved one on that plane, I sure wouldn't want some shallow talking head like Barbara Bathos or Frankly Unctuous turning my grief into a clown act in the global media circus. Other than being curious about what happened, this tragedy affects me not at all.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 14:38   #28

Vanishing plane

As usual Eric is a voice of reason, let's try to make sure when discussing such events we work with the facts we have rather than the speculation our imaginations can invent.
That will keep the site and it's members from giving in to cruel gossip no matter what the subject is.
Boeing Guy and dotti34 like this.
Old 12-03-2014, 14:47   #29
Beacon of light

Well, Eric....for you it has no effect on your life.

For those who have lost family I am sure their perspective will be different.

I do get where you are coming from when you say that this word means nothing.
That is because it has been hijacked by those who want to sensationalise events - not just this one, but others that the media wring every bit of juice out of by overplaying it.....wall to wall coverage is the norm these days.
Eric and dotti34 like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 12-03-2014 at 14:56.
Old 12-03-2014, 14:53   #30
Senior Member+

Let s not forget, there is a member of this forum who may have friends/work colleagues on that plane.
dotti34 likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..