Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree106Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2012, 14:21   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Wandering off thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I must remember that phrase of Pilk's - wandering like a stream through a meadow' for when whatsisname does it.
No Bob, that's ' wander about like a steam in a meadow'- much more evocative, conjures up a lovely picture.
Accrington Web
Old 19-12-2012, 08:51   #17
I am Banned

One summers evening many years ago sat on the banks of the Tinker Brook Delta, Wandering Walter offered me some sagely advice.
He said “ D, never never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
I’ll go off now and finish my pile of ironing and reflect on Mr Horam’s words of wisdom.
*DtheP smirks his smirk ©*
Old 19-12-2012, 09:26   #18
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
never never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

please, don't worry yourself, just because you smirk like an idiot doesn't mean you will be that good. Every virtual village has one including ours so I'm afraid until c'mon gives up the job we don't have a vacancy.
No-one has been arguing with you, we have met better trolls than you on site eventually they all leave, why not become the exception to the rule? Instead of trying to score negative points start posting as if other people mean something to you.
Old 19-12-2012, 09:40   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
One summers evening many years ago sat on the banks of the Tinker Brook Delta, Wandering Walter offered me some sagely advice.
He said “ D, never never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
I’ll go off now and finish my pile of ironing and reflect on Mr Horam’s words of wisdom.
Another clown from above the lamp
Old 19-12-2012, 09:49   #20
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Instead of trying to score negative points start posting as if other people mean something to you.
There’s a bit of troll in all of us Less, that’s not the problem for me. It’s the serial rib-ticklers and pokers who do little else, spoiling a decent conversation and then demanding everyone understand their uniquie humour and twisted genius perception.
Old 19-12-2012, 10:04   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
There’s a bit of troll in all of us Less, that’s not the problem for me. It’s the serial rib-ticklers and pokers who do little else, spoiling a decent conversation and then demanding everyone understand their uniquie humour and twisted genius perception.
Maybe if you made more than an average of 15 posts a year, you might just get the hang of this Website, or maybe you'd be better of on Rossendale or Burnley Web, if you take into account that around 200 people come on here each day when the likes of Rossendale Blackburn Burnley (is now no more) are lucky to get 15 users on line ina day, there must be something that people like about the way this site works, if your not one of them stop moaning and sod off, oh and close the door quietly on the way out, you won't be missed
Old 19-12-2012, 10:04   #22

Quote:
Well done, with the above post you have provided proof that you are self aware.
Take the site as it is, the only way you can improve it is with decent posts, that doesn't happen because you demand change, become part of it and work from the inside.
You never know, it might just make you that little bit humbler and you could start enjoying yourself.
jaysay likes this.

Last edited by Less; 19-12-2012 at 10:07.
Old 19-12-2012, 10:45   #23
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I've been on Accyweb almost every day for over a year now and even I find it hard sometimes to understand some of the banter and in-jokes that occur in the middle of perfectly serious threads sometimes. However I accept them for what they are , know they'll pass and understand that some of the perpetrators have been around far longer and know each other, even if only virtually, far better than I do.

I wouldn't dream of trying to alter anything, as has been said above, if it ain't broke don't fix it, just go with the flow, kick against the traces once in a while if there is a valid reason, otherwise wait for the day when the banter in a thread wander includes you as part of it. Then you'll know you've arrived - I feel I'm getting there - but then I have rather more posts than your average, maybe as others have said that helps.
Old 19-12-2012, 11:08   #24
I am Banned

Quote:
I see your light bending qualities are improving, and your fan club membership has gone up, how many is that now, 2 or 3.
Old 19-12-2012, 11:09   #25
Beacon of light

Quote:
You have ten bob on yourself, don't you?
Implying that some of the members are idiots isn't an endearing trait(even if what you say is true - they still might have something that they can teach you, well, except that is, you are far too smug by half).

Smirking isn't pleasant either...can't you just grin and get on with it?
flashy and BERNADETTE like this.
Old 19-12-2012, 11:27   #26
Mog

self-aggrandisement You see thats a word I have never come across. I reckon they didnt use words like that at St Christophers or Huncoat pit or anywhere else I have been. The problem is now that I shall have to wait for it to come on Countdown before I get to know the meaning.
Old 19-12-2012, 12:01   #27
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
I reckon they didnt use words like that at St Christophers or Huncoat pit or anywhere else I have been. .

I am sure the “sainted” Maggie used the word about Arthur Scargill in 1984, Mog, maybe check your back copies of the NUM newsletter?
Old 19-12-2012, 12:47   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
I see your light bending qualities are improving, and your fan club membership has gone up,i how many is that now, 2 or 3.
Now, now, it doesn't take an Einstein to work out that modesty isn't one of his better qualities. Allow him some time he may become one of our guiding lights, (like the cornish wreckers).
As for one of his likes twas only MagsR the revenge seaker and the post was removed.
Old 19-12-2012, 13:08   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Another clown from above the lamp
Where is above and where is below the lamp?

Seeing as most people born around here are born in Burnley General there are not many true Gobbinners left
Old 19-12-2012, 13:29   #30

Please thread starter pay attention to this.

We all come on here to enjoy ourselves, we argue, we discuss, we extract and have the urine extracted.
We don't need to be told by you how to behave, we are a virtual community, we have parental control from the mods, we enjoy...
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..