Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By boxermum
  • 1 Post By gpick24

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2016, 18:09   #1

Well why wouldn't I..

Why,when you tell someone that you're going on holiday do they ask 'are you going anywhere
NICE ?...well why wouldn't I??.I don't want to go to the local dump,so what a daft question to ask.
boxermum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2016, 18:13   #2
Senior Member+

Well why wouldn't I..

Well, are you?
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 18:51   #3
Senior Member+

Re: Well why wouldn't I..

What's nice to you may not be nice to them which in turn generates conversation.
Do you prefer the word 'interesting' as opposed to "nice"?
Enjoy your recreational break if you are going some place 'interesting'

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 20:19   #4
Full Member+

When you think about it there are a lot of daft sayings. i.e. when you come indoors wet through someone will ask 'Is it raining?. Hope if you are going away Boxermum you have a lovely time.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 21:00   #5

Hi I am writing due to your username, I can't fathom how to send a post to everyone. I wonder if you know the family of Baxter, a boxer dog from the Accy area. I was his original owner but very sadly had to rehome him. I have no intention of imposing myself on his owners but just to know he is healthy and settled would be wonderful. Can you help and share message with others? Happy hols by the way - wherever you are going!
Haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 23:02   #6

Hi Haze,sorry I don't know Baxter. If you go to 'general chat'you can open a new thread and ask there if any Accy webber knows Baxter,perhaps giving a little more detail about him,ie:colour,age,docked tail or not,so his new owner will recognise him.After all he might have a new name by now.
Hope you manage to find him,we have been boxer owners for nearly 40yrs (not the same one obviously),so I understand your eagerness to know he is happy in his new home.
Good luck.
Old 27-09-2016, 23:28   #7

No gpick24.unfortunately I'm skint so can't afford a holiday (till my lotto numbers come up).
I heard someone ask a young lady yesterday and I just thought "well why wouldn't I? "
gpick24 likes this.
Old 28-09-2016, 05:52   #8

Thank you very much.
Haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 09:45   #9

That's weird?
Haze has "0" posts yet I can see 2 of them ???

Can't you contact whoever you used to rehome Baxter to find out how he is getting on? I would have thought that's a better avenue to go down than a post on a forum.

Boxermum, the "are you going anywhere" question is usually because people generally have to take holidays or lose them from work and may just stay at home, then there are others that actually get to go away on holiday.

Not having been out of the UK on holiday in the past 10 years+ I generally say I'm going to Margate or Rome.

Ma back gate or to roam the streets.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 09:51   #10
Senior Member+

I think there are certain sections of the forum where your posts don`t increase your post count, anything goes must be one of them (might be the only one, I don`t know).
RainbowSix likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 21:54   #11

Another daft thing is when you say you've lost something the first thing someone will ask is 'where did you lose it?'. If you knew where you lost it there's a good chance you'd know where to find it!!!!
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 22:28   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
That's weird?
Haze has "0" posts yet I can see 2 of them ???

Can't you contact whoever you used to rehome Baxter to find out how he is getting on? I would have thought that's a better avenue to go down than a post on a forum.

Boxermum, the "are you going anywhere" question is usually because people generally have to take holidays or lose them from work and may just stay at home, then there are others that actually get to go away on holiday.

Not having been out of the UK on holiday in the past 10 years+ I generally say I'm going to Margate or Rome.

Ma back gate or to roam the streets.
We used to say Kerb Edge.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:35   #13

Retlaw, the point I was making was...are you going anywhere NICE.I understand what you mean though,but why do people ask if you're going anywhere NICE.No one in their right mind would go somewhere GROSS,now would They?.
Old 08-10-2016, 16:43   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34
Another daft thing is when you say you've lost something the first thing someone will ask is 'where did you lose it?'. If you knew where you lost it there's a good chance you'd know where to find it!!!!
I lost a tenner on Deansgate in Manchester. Could you have a look for it next time you're there?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..