Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2004, 16:36   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

What If......?

What if we could persuade HBC to declare war on America? Not only would the resultant invasion finish off the demolision of the remaining houses left in the phoenix project, but the millions of tax dollars that would be pumped into the area would mean that there would be enough left over to ensure the market hall was given a decent face lift.
All it would take would be one cruise missile going slightly off course, whoops there goes the Town Hall & immediate room for a bus station. The Americans would be happy because yet again their troops have saved a population from an oppressive ruler & they would be able to write the whole expenditure off as One massive tax deductable loan.
It would be absolutley fantastic for us..............Oh sorry I forgot, we aren't sitting on a giant oil resource, lets forget the idea.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-11-2004, 16:44   #2
land of hope and glory

Re: What If......?

yes less ! but what about broadway anouther 250-000 quid to be spent on doing it up again..again..again..again..how long is going to be before the pillocks get something right.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 16:52   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
yes less ! but what about broadway anouther 250-000 quid to be spent on doing it up again..again..again..again..how long is going to be before the pillocks get something right.
Are you talking about HBC or the Americans?

Old 04-11-2004, 17:02   #4
Resident Waffler

Talking Re: What If......?

I could almost see sense in that Less. Have a balloon

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 19:11   #5

"Hey, Yankee, We hear you'll be wanting a puppet government?"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Duo1.jpg (4.9 KB, 11 views)
Old 05-11-2004, 02:47   #6

From our war correspondent embedded with the Liberating/Invading* American Ground Forces, Somewhere on the Church & Accrington border:-

I'm reporting to you now of the first hostilities that took place in Accrington Town Centre when, At precisely 2.00 a.m. (Hyndburn Time) Precision American bombing took out 433 Of the towns 445 Everything for 99p Shops.

A spokesman for the U.S. Forces was heard to say this is a proud moment for our men we have reduced the Supply of these cheap and inferior Products which we know they planned to swamp our forces with once we have Relieved/Conquered* the citizens of wherever we happen to be this year.

He also added that although it was regretable one of the charity shop window displays was slightly damaged when the handle fell off a boxed Star Trek mug because of the vibration.

Although the Americans had also targetted the new flagship of Hyndburn by attacking their Communication Bunker Hyndburnlife website, their Chief Hacker Mr. B. Gates had to report that due to the fact he had been unable to log on he had not been able to bring this abomination to a halt.

The Sirens are going so I'm going to have to stop reporting to you now as the wind has changed direction and we will have to put on our gas masks to protect ourselves from the smell of the old bone yard (memories eh? The aroma comes straight back at you just with the thought of it!)

For now though, I will have to return you to the studio.
* Delete as applicable.

Last edited by Less; 05-11-2004 at 02:54.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:50   #7

Talking Re: What If......?

What are you on Less?

And more to the point ---- where can I get some?
Gobsmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:05   #8
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
Did you see the pretty pictures of proposed trees and hanging basket pyramid type arrangements? How long would they last before the vandals trashed them? The arrangements on the roundabout under the viaduct are relatively safe because they aren't so easily accessible but as for trees I recall similar ones we had which were very soon broken off before they even got chance to take root.

And whats all this about "it will encourage the French markets and the pot fair" ??
What's that we've just had on Broadway if it wasn't a pot fair (maybe it's still there) and the French market manages to have come twice despite the lack of trees and pot plants.

Surely all we need for now is a decent surface under foot. Peel Street being more of a priority for that than Broadway because the paving slabs there are chronic. If you're not falling over the wretched things you step on them in the rain and dirty water shoots halfway up yer leg!

Old 05-11-2004, 10:28   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
"Hey, Yankee, We hear you'll be wanting a puppet government?"

Real Puppets at Last!!!
He, he , he , he , he, he ,he

Great Thread............more from our embedded war correspondant please!!
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 12:30   #10

See attachments below first
(Continued from front page)……..

Page 2

The Coalition Forces today announced that they have recruited the services of Doug & Sandra as The Interim Council Leaders. When asked to comment the pair replied that while they where honoured to be awarded such a daunting task, they had plans only to stay in power until such time as the local population decides to go down to the Polling stations and actually vote. A Spokesperson for the Coalition was heard to say, “I bet H*ll freezes over first.”

Page 3

The search Continues for the two rogue Councillors who are believed to be instrumental in storing the WOMD (Words Of Mass Deception). Although It can be shown that they did not create these Documents a search of their Town house by the 1st Battalion of Chartered Accountants, Discovered the offending items under the middle cushion of their settee. It has been reported that as they made their escape, they stated, “We are innocent, we are the councils crime tsars and if we had just had another 45 minutes we would have exposed these documents to the World.”

This reporter asked the new Interim Council Leaders if they had any idea where the two fugitives could be, they hinted on a rumour that they (Doug & Sandra NOT Doug & Sandra) could be heading down south in an attempt to smuggle through the Channel Tunnel & thus make their way to Afganistan where they hoped to be treated as Asylum Seekers.

Somewhere near the sports page

If you think I’m going to cover that story you’d better think again, I got into enough trouble the last time!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Daily Observer7.JPG (96.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Daily Observer8.JPG (79.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Daily Observer9.JPG (92.2 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Less; 10-11-2005 at 14:16.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:39   #11
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
If you think I’m going to cover that story you’d better think again, I got into enough trouble the last time!
Get on with it man - that's the price of war........I'm with Darby on this one, more from the berated man......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 13:03   #12

I'm sure you're three bricks short of a building set Less.................................But.....I need a new monitor and a new keyboard.....I really shouldn't drink coffee whilst I read this thread!!!!!!!!!

Where's the Sports Page..............

Please don't write a page on the economy...my ribs couldn't take it....

Last edited by Darby; 05-11-2004 at 13:05.
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 13:48   #13
Resident Waffler

Maybe you could get a reporter to do a special feature on the dynamic new website Hyndburnlite Less?

Old 05-11-2004, 14:04   #14
Resting in Peace

There is a rumour going round the area that the Americans have picked the next 4 Targets for a strategic strike
1 MINERS ARMS 2 OAK TREE 3 STAG INN AND 4 THE FOXHILL you have been warned
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 14:11   #15
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
There is a rumour going round the area that the Americans have picked the next 4 Targets for a strategic strike
1 MINERS ARMS 2 OAK TREE 3 STAG INN AND 4 THE FOXHILL you have been warned
Can we not camouflage the stag and paint up the Old Commercial to represent it just too confuse the yanks....We need to keep some of our heritage safe as well as a Sunday bolt hole. We need to get a message to our valiant, but berated reporter as he maybe misled and enter one of these targets and get himself taken out. Then what would I do???????

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..