Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2007, 20:08   #16

Re: what wound you up today?

Hearing about all these people around the country who have been flooded out of their homes for ages and being told that they can`t have any aid. If it was some bunch of 3rd world foreigners getting their feet wet their would be a nationwide appeal with kiss ass celebrities rushing out plane loads of cash and troops to pander to their every needs.
Next time there`s a Tsunami I`ll **** myself.
Just to increase the water level.

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-07-2007, 20:35   #17
Resident Waffler

Yes and to think there were plenty here criticising the US government for not helping out enough in New Orleans.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2007, 20:37   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Hearing about all these people around the country who have been flooded out of their homes for ages and being told that they can`t have any aid. If it was some bunch of 3rd world foreigners getting their feet wet their would be a nationwide appeal with kiss ass celebrities rushing out plane loads of cash and troops to pander to their every needs.
Next time there`s a Tsunami I`ll **** myself.
Just to increase the water level.
Aaah Zero, you made my suite problem seem extremely insignificant now .. doesn't appear very fair, does it, that we can't support our own people in trouble.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2007, 20:53   #19
Senior Member+

Nowt as serious as flooding ; just some half witted woman who couldn't understand why she couldn't have a cash refund on 3 x pots of extremely expensive skin cream that had all been opened, used and were " bought by mistake". GRRRRRR.
Old 17-07-2007, 21:08   #20
Resident Waffler

Did she use them by mistake too?

Old 17-07-2007, 21:35   #21
Senior Member+

Also brought back a deodorant that we don't sell and insisted it was bought from us; strange that the till didn't recognise it then eh ?
Old 18-07-2007, 21:23   #22
Resident Waffler

What wound me up today? The anonymous person who deducted karma from me for selling a computer desk with the intention of donating the funds to Maundy Grange because Maundy Grange "brings losers into Accrington"

Old 18-07-2007, 21:45   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
What wound me up today? The anonymous person who deducted karma from me for selling a computer desk with the intention of donating the funds to Maundy Grange because Maundy Grange "brings losers into Accrington"

These things happen Willow.............I think Lily livered is the adequate response..........I think it is time that the Karma be it green or red is put in a trace mode and let us know who the person is who has'nt the guts to put a name to this nonsense.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 21:48   #24
God Member

My favourite bingo club has started to use strong plug in spray deodorants to cover up the musty smell which revealed itself after the tobacco smoke stopped masking it. I tried sitting in several areas but there were so many of the blasted things pumping out petrochemicals that I had to leave before the bingo session started. OK -- I AM a smoker but left gasping for air after 15 minutes.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 23:50   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
My favourite bingo club has started to use strong plug in spray deodorants to cover up the musty smell which revealed itself after the tobacco smoke stopped masking it. I tried sitting in several areas but there were so many of the blasted things pumping out petrochemicals that I had to leave before the bingo session started. OK -- I AM a smoker but left gasping for air after 15 minutes.
Know what you mean Margaret .. I am the same with these spray deodorants .. yuk, aren't they ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 02:06   #26
Yank in King Art's Court!

Well, we had a very damaging thunderstorm today, had a chainsaw-related mishap, and that's not even the worse. After helping out a few neighbors with storm damage, Joshua and I came home to start cleaning up/repairing around the homestead.

I noticed a couple of blue birds (in one of the nesting boxes around the garden) a bit frazzled over something. As they had 3 babies in the nesting box, I knew something was up.

Got the step ladder and pulled a 4 foot Black Rat Snake out of the nest, after it had feasted on the 3 babies. Joshua was freeking as he really hates snakes. Actually, this one was rather tame and didn't try to bite me once.

Relocated it into the woods and had to listen to the poor mum and dad blue bird looking around for their young. Not sure if it counts as a wide up but kinda wanted to share anyhoo!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 02:25   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Relocated it into the woods and had to listen to the poor mum and dad blue bird looking around for their young. Not sure if it counts as a wide up but kinda wanted to share anyhoo!

Brian
thought you were a farmer ? where was your spade to chop the things head off . IMO Snakes have no absolutly no redeemable qualities whatsoever , the only thing they are good for is providing skin for cowboy boots and womens handbags

rattlesnake cowboy boots - compare prices, research products, save money at Become.com
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 02:31   #28
Yank in King Art's Court!

Two things, they keep the mice, mole, and rats down and more importantly, the Black Snakes keep the copperheads away.

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 02:35   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Two things, they keep the mice, mole, and rats down and more importantly, the Black Snakes keep the copperheads away.
snake shot works equally well
Snake Stopper

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 09:45   #30
Senior Member+

The karma thing is getting a litle out of control, someone sent me bad karma for my post on the Stanley site about my step dad having died this week. Losers.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..