Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2007, 08:40   #61
Give, give, give member

Re: what wound you up today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
I am bloody furious... been to pick my son and his mates up from a party in the middle of darkest nowhere (ok balderstone) down a million country lanes and not knowing where I was going !!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally found it by pure luck, my son actually managed to answer his mobile to direct me to the exact house...4 lads get into car..then I have to reverse into someones rather grand driveway to turn round, was that worried that i would reverse into the posh double gates in the pitch black so was looking over my left shoulder...didn't spot the wall on the right side and now have a slightly caved in drivers door... and half the paintwork missing!!!

Told the lads that it was the most expensive taxi they have ever caught at £50 each, for a moment I think they believed me!!!!!!!!
Ouch.

Will they take your rally driving licence off you now?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-07-2007, 09:07   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Ouch.

Will they take your rally driving licence off you now?
Don't be silly, not much call for reversing in my rally driving

Had a good look at the car in the cold light of day..and yes Ouch pretty much sums it up rindy

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 09:14   #63
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Don't be silly, not much call for reversing in my rally driving

Had a good look at the car in the cold light of day..and yes Ouch pretty much sums it up rindy
When I was seventeen I was driving my Dad's car on Jersey. The lanes there are really narrow, with high stone walls. I met a coach full of pensioners, and had to reverse about half a mile up the winding lane to find a space to let it pass. Eventually I found a grand drive way with stone gate posts with eagles on the top. I reversed into one, hearing the back of the car give an almighty concertina crunch. I sat there as the coach passed...with all the pensioners laughing and pointing.

I can't remember the excuse I came up with so as not to get told off by my Dad, but it must have been good, because I didn't.

Old 28-07-2007, 09:18   #64
God Member

You were lucky there!!!

I am just so annoyed with myself.. but the height of the wall was below my side window and with it being midnight and pitch black (they really should get some street lights round there), I completely missed it as I was looking over my shoulder making sure I didn't reverse into their gates!!!

Hope I haven't damaged their wall

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 28-07-2007, 10:07   #65
mez
God Member

gosh im glad your all ok h/r, yes it is bad driving down there at night.
Old 28-07-2007, 10:10   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
gosh im glad your all ok h/r, yes it is bad driving down there at night.
thanks Mez, as I said it wasn't a major crash or anything as I was reversing very slowly but that made the crunch noise all the more apparent

Old 28-07-2007, 11:17   #67
Resting in Peace

What a bummer HR !! Was only thinking last night what a tidy car you had
Before anyone asks .. I can vouch she never touched 'a drop' last night.

Hope you get it sorted out soon .. just a load of hassle, isn't it ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 15:47   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
What a bummer HR !! Was only thinking last night what a tidy car you had
Before anyone asks .. I can vouch she never touched 'a drop' last night.

Hope you get it sorted out soon .. just a load of hassle, isn't it ?
Aww thanks Kate...you obviously wasn't looking close enough at my car..it's filthy!!!!!

And thanks for the vouch... not sure when I will get it sorted, but suppose it will have to be soon

Old 28-07-2007, 20:28   #69
Senior Member+

do you know what really annoys me about shopping,why is it when your stood looking for your beans does someone come and stands right in the way,why is it when you walk around the supermarket,there is loads of unnatended shopping trolleys in your way,so you end up having to move them yourself,why is it when youve finally (hours later) finished your shopping,you have to que up at till half mile long,when there are 30+ tills not in operation,if your the ass that stands in front of someone who is looking for something your an ass,if your that person who leaves there trolley in the middle of the lane take it with you and your an ass too,and as for the que ,the stores an ass for not employing more people, shopping time would be alot less if peeps actually thought about what there doing,oh and i went shopping today just to let you know,thats my rant for today,and i feel alot better
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 20:45   #70
God Member

What wound me up today was the woman who wouldn't listen when I said that the council had not paid the drummers to come to Acc Town Centre. She kept going on about the waste of her council tax to pay for it. I kept explaining as patiently as possible that it was all funded by the lottery but she clearly had a beef with the council and wasn't going to accept my word for it.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 15:56   #71

not getting much sleep from either street parties or fighting or a dog attack not sure but thay was enouf police vans outside
carl hurles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 17:24   #72
God Member

Childish Ex friends. You know the ones that when you have a few cross words they have to bring the children into it too!!! seriously some people need to grow up ALOT!!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 17:44   #73
Give, give, give member

Chav scum.

We were on the train back from Hebden Bridge today, and it was full of Yorkshire folk going through to Blackpool. An elderly lady asked two ignoramuses if she could sit in one of the two spare seats they had their bags on, and they said no. They would have had the woman stand up all the way to Blackpool, whilst they sat there sprawled out, with their iPods and crappy mags.

The woman got a seat, and the two ill mannered morons got a verbal mauling.

Old 03-08-2007, 18:12   #74
God Member

I really don't get why morons act like that and not give up their seat....

Must admit I did hold my breath when my eldest son said he was told off by a lady for making a clicking noise with his tongue on the train all the way back from manchester.....

I asked him what his response was...

"I said sorry and that I was doing it without thinking about it, then we had a nice chat!!"

when I said phew...he was rather cross that I thought he would do anything other than apologise!!!

Old 03-08-2007, 18:15   #75
God Member

Quote:
I really don't get why morons act like that and not give up their seat....

Must admit I did hold my breath when my eldest son said he was told off by a lady for making a clicking noise with his tongue on the train all the way back from manchester.....

I asked him what his response was...

"I said sorry and that I was doing it without thinking about it, then we had a nice chat!!"

when I said phew...he was rather cross that I thought he would do anything other than apologise!!!
Awwww what a nice lad.... shame there not all like him.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..