Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 15:48   #1
Senior Member+

Will the truth come out soon (UFO'S)

I have seen more and more evidence to support the existance of UFO's apearing on the net.

Will we get the truth soon if they exist or not?

I believe there is something else out there.

Intersting Video.

Do you believe.
***Mr D*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2009, 19:24   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Will the truth come out soon (UFO'S)

I would have thought as a fan of X-Files you would know:-

The Truth Is Out There

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 20:50   #3
God Member

It's so obvious that we are not alone in the Universe (whatever that is) ... but, if Darwin were right, we are probably unique .... but just thinking of the number of galaxies that we know about, and given the constants and patterns in the universe, and the fact that we are made of the stuff of the universe, there must be other life forms .... even in our own little galaxy (little, even tho' we on Earth are 30,000 light years from the galactic core) there is quite possibly abundant life. But to receive a visit from other life forms, given that the speed of light is a universal constant .... I don't know about that.

Has anyone considered that if other life forms arrived on Earth, they might be so different that we would not even recognize them as life, even if they sat on our laps as we took our morning dump .... but, if that were the case, they might not even recognize us as "life" ... particularly on a Sunday morning after a night at the bar.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 21:13   #4

there has to be other intelligent life, how arrogant are we to think that we are the only higher forms of life.
Old 06-08-2009, 23:07   #5

Eric, what you wrote reminded me of a short sci-fi story years ago about an alien space ship landing at an airport on earth - all the big-wigs were waiting and the space-ship landed in a puddle on the airstrip and all the aliens drowned.
ossylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 23:32   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

as someone famous who i can't remember once said "Frankly i don't give a damn.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:03   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossylass View Post
Eric, what you wrote reminded me of a short sci-fi story years ago about an alien space ship landing at an airport on earth - all the big-wigs were waiting and the space-ship landed in a puddle on the airstrip and all the aliens drowned.
Sounds neat .... wasn't there a space fleet in Hitchhiker's Guide that was swallowed by a dog ...

I remember reading one where the other life forms in the universe put a force field around the solar system to prevent humans getting out and infecting the cosmos ....
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:26   #8
Give, give, give member

There's more and more evidence coming to light.

For even more it helps if you get mashed or smashed.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:47   #9
Senior Member+

Another recent video, could be fake but a good one if it is.

Last edited by ***Mr D***; 07-08-2009 at 10:50.
***Mr D*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 14:26   #10
Senior Member+

Politicians and Bankers provide all the evidence i need to believe in an Alien Lifeforce!!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:37   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Politicians and Bankers provide all the evidence i need to believe in an Alien Lifeforce!!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Well some of um don't live on the sme plannet as the rest of us Tagg, thats for sure
Old 08-08-2009, 10:00   #12
God Member

What the hell is going on with the Accy Web? At one time, this was a great site to find was going on around the borough and for semi-exiles such as myself it was essential reading. We had everything from local gossip through to the latest roadworks and on to the political buffoonery of the council. The postings made great reading...everything from the likes of AB with all his linguistic eloquence through nurse Lettie with her cold, clinical diagnosis. How long is it since I have read one of their postings?

But what do we now get? Nowt but cat lovers, conspiracy theorists and political crackpots such as Mancie. Oh, I forgot - idiots running up and down threatening to assassinate the moderators. Please, please, please if there are to be threads such as this one, can we stick it in a separate section? Call it "Lunatics Corner" or whatever...I don't care...but please can we stick the knuckleheads and the oddballs and all their rantings in one place so the rest of us can safely avoid exposure to this nonsense.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:03   #13
God Member

I understand that you are frustrated that Womans Weekly is no longer available south of Watford, but some of us are interested in things other than the local W I .

Last edited by MargaretR; 08-08-2009 at 10:05.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:05   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
What the hell is going on with the Accy Web? At one time, this was a great site to find was going on around the borough and for semi-exiles such as myself it was essential reading. We had everything from local gossip through to the latest roadworks and on to the political buffoonery of the council. The postings made great reading...everything from the likes of AB with all his linguistic eloquence through nurse Lettie with her cold, clinical diagnosis. How long is it since I have read one of their postings?

But what do we now get? Nowt but cat lovers, conspiracy theorists and political crackpots such as Mancie. Oh, I forgot - idiots running up and down threatening to assassinate the moderators. Please, please, please if there are to be threads such as this one, can we stick it in a separate section? Call it "Lunatics Corner" or whatever...I don't care...but please can we stick the knuckleheads and the oddballs and all their rantings in one place so the rest of us can safely avoid exposure to this nonsense.
Wish I'd said that.

Go For it Tea' clean up this mess!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 15:24   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post

What is going on, I to remember when there where more people posting, Willow, Jam Butty, Accy Mel, Ect Ect. What happened to them. where they put of posting for some reason???

This was on page 2 when I clicked new posts Is it to hard for you to not click on it? you know you do have a choice.

Anyway another video in connection with the thred topic.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..