Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2014, 16:11   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Would You Drink In This Pub?

Ignoring the fact that this couple have obvious communications issues, after all, changing your broadband is never straightforward is it? No matter what this ad' claims.
I'm not talking about the annoying Am' dram' wannabes that burst into song ruining the atmosphere either.

The seriousness of the situation is about 15 seconds in, a waitress brings the hero a pint of lager and slams it onto the table (now that in itself is bad enough beer being wasted).

No, the problem that is most obvious about this pub is that the lager is flat, dead, lifeless not fit for purpose, just look at it sitting there on the table and then the poor soul actually puts it to his lips and drinks from the glass rather than insisting on a replacement. How do I know it's flat? If anyone with drinking experience has ever accidentally banged a lager onto a table it froths up like a volcano and empties the glass onto the surrounding area.

Isn't it time adverts reflected 'real' life?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-03-2014, 17:54   #2
God Member

Re: Would You Drink In This Pub?

A serious question indeed brother, one worthy of serious reflection. One should, of course, always expect and demand a decent beer when one slides hard-earned coin of the realm across the bar. However, in certain circumstances, one should drink in that bar. One should never refuse a free beer ... so, if one's buddy invites one to step into a pub where the beer is known to be sub-standard, and says "I'll buy", of course one would drink in that establishment. It is indeed a clash of values and standards; but bottom line is: free beer is good.

I think I'll pull another cold Dead Elephant out of the fridge, spark up a fat one, and give this dilemma more thought.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 19:05   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Gentlemen! It truly heartens me to see such wise, valid & timely counsel in matters dear to the heart. Verily does our Grand Wizard highlight the shortcomings & folly of this establishment, but then, so does Eric Emeritus, make a most equally telling observation concerning the social aspects of & around this nectar of Gods & Men.

And as such, wise counsel as that bespoken by connysewers, I too shall imbibe in a cooling draught from my very own stock & consider matters further.
Old 09-03-2014, 19:16   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
A serious question indeed brother, one worthy of serious reflection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I too shall imbibe in a cooling draught from my very own stock & consider matters further.

I have been seriously reflecting this for a little longer than you two, in fact I can report that I am now as considerate as a newt!
Old 09-03-2014, 20:28   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Whilst the ale does look like crap, The waitress should be instantly dismissed treating any pint in that manner, That don't take much considering IMHO.
Eric likes this.
Old 09-03-2014, 20:56   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
a little longer
My dear Less, "length" is not of prime importance. It's something that mere women value and fret about. After all we are talking BEER ... and let's not forget ALE (nor spirits, nor wine (if there's nothing else)) It's more important than Harley Davidsons, classic cars, even hunting and fishing. The intensity of our feelings for beer (and other beverages ... rum comes immediately to mind) rivals, but certainly does not surpass, our love of canine companionship! It is depth of commitment we must consider. Talking of "depth", the beer in my glass is looking kinda shallow ... I'll give this question some more thought, and I will get back to you ... good lord willing and the creek don't rise.
Old 09-03-2014, 20:58   #7
God Member

[QUOTE=cashman;1097232 The waitress should be instantly dismissed treating any pint in that manner[/QUOTE]

Yes, but she does have a nice rack and a cute little ass.
Old 09-03-2014, 21:11   #8
Resting in Peace

This Add was filmed on the same P&O ferry as me and you where on less remember
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 21:12   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Yes, but she does have a nice rack and a cute little ass.
No excuse at all in my book.
Old 09-03-2014, 21:21   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
No excuse at all in my book.
Not really an excuse ... mere "mitigating circumstances."
Old 09-03-2014, 22:06   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
This Add was filmed on the same P&O ferry as me and you where on less remember

Yes a hell trip for you, flat lager and foreign waiters!
Thank goodness there were no problems with the bitter or the ship may have docked minus two passengers.
Old 09-03-2014, 22:12   #12

Quote:
Not really an excuse ... mere "mitigating circumstances."

If a woman is so shallow that she treats a mans beer badly, there is absolutely no way she will be of any use in more basic duties such as zit bursting duties in the small of ones back where your arms can't quite reach.
Old 09-03-2014, 22:39   #13
God Member

Quote:
If a woman is so shallow that she treats a mans beer badly, there is absolutely no way she will be of any use in more basic duties such as zit bursting duties in the small of ones back where your arms can't quite reach.
I wouldn't trust a woman to do that unless she had practiced her skills on live pigs in Denmark.
MargaretR likes this.
Old 09-03-2014, 22:52   #14

Quote:
I wouldn't trust a woman to do that unless she had practiced her skills on live pigs in Denmark.

I'm a member of a small religious sect that believes God gave man dominion over all women.
Could this be why I'm single and have to squeeze my own?

Last edited by Less; 09-03-2014 at 22:56.
Old 10-03-2014, 00:27   #15
God Member

Quote:
I'm a member of a small religious sect that believes God gave man dominion over all women.
Could this be why I'm single and have to squeeze my own?
Never thought of Islam as a "small ... sect".

However, I do suspect that, like most intelligent men, you have discovered that "single" is the natural state of a man. Of course, I have nothing against significant over night relationships. How splendid a life to discuss important stuff like beer, instead of surfing the web for ideas for yet another renovation of a perfectly good kitchen and a more than adequate, serviceable bog.
Less likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..