Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2007, 22:39   #46
God Member

Re: Xfactor sing off

So Alisha is out!!!

Poor sharon has no one to mentor now

She is the first impartial judge this series!! hehe should be fun!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2007, 21:18   #47
God Member

Well, fancy that!

Beverley has been voted out and Phoebe and the woo woo girls (aka Hope) live to sing another day.

I was surprised when it went down to the public vote and it turned out that Beverley got the fewest votes.
Old 24-11-2007, 21:46   #48
God Member

Clearly Sharon knew that Beverley had the lowest vote because she said she was saying Beverley and it would be obvious why in a few minutes. She knew that the public vote would keep Hope in so even though I think she would have voted them out she left it for the public vote to decide - have I made sense?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2007, 21:51   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Clearly Sharon knew that Beverley had the lowest vote because she said she was saying Beverley and it would be obvious why in a few minutes. She knew that the public vote would keep Hope in so even though I think she would have voted them out she left it for the public vote to decide - have I made sense?
Oh yes, definitely.

I was just surprised when it went to deadlock that Beverley had the least votes.
Old 24-11-2007, 21:52   #50
Passed away 25-11-09

It was said in the paper, a couple of weeks ago, that the voting is rigged (well there's a surprise). Mind you, I watched tonight and I didn't like Beverley's interpretation of "Without You". Only Harry Nilsson can sing that song as far as I'm concerned, I've never heard a better version.
Old 24-11-2007, 21:56   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
I didn't like Beverley's interpretation of "Without You". Only Harry Nilsson can sing that song as far as I'm concerned, I've never heard a better version.
Oh I don't know.

Mariah Carey had a good go at it.
Old 24-11-2007, 21:59   #52
God Member

I didn't take to Rhydian at first but I really like him now.

He has got as good a male voice as Leona Lewis has a female voice.

I want him to win. I don't want someone bland like Niki winning, she'll just be another Steve Brookstein.
Old 24-11-2007, 22:03   #53
God Member

I love Rhydian. I think you're right about Niki, I think she's bland - fantastic voice but bland. I don't think Rhydian will be a popstar but he'll be mega - look at Russell Watson!

Old 25-11-2007, 19:57   #54
God Member

Sorry but can't agree about Rhydian - yes when he did the Phantom of the Opera thing he was really good but when he sings an 'ordinary' (for want of a better word) song as he did tonight he's nothing special - in fact the whole lot of them this year are bland and no-one really stands out as special but it looks like Simon's pushing for Hopeless to win - woohoo!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2007, 21:40   #55
God Member

Well i was staying at friends this weekend and although it was on it had little volume so i missed the comments .
I was shocked when beverly went though she far out did hopeless everyweek .
Imo Rydian has only had one good week and that was phantom . hes a great voice but in the right place. but not an xfactor winner
I got the impression that simon knows that hope will be gone next week they are getting worse .
and finally i wouldnt be surprised if Same difference didnt get in to last two with nikki purely on the fun factor basis..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2007, 22:55   #56
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Well i was staying at friends this weekend and although it was on it had little volume so i missed the comments .
I was shocked when beverly went though she far out did hopeless everyweek .
Imo Rydian has only had one good week and that was phantom . hes a great voice but in the right place. but not an xfactor winner
I got the impression that simon knows that hope will be gone next week they are getting worse .
and finally i wouldnt be surprised if Same difference didnt get in to last two with nikki purely on the fun factor basis..
Have to disagree. I think Rhydian's 'Somewhere' was the very best of some great performances, the only bad week for him was 'Go West', and at least it was funny.

I've seen West Side Story umpteen times, including the West End and on Broadway, and nowhere was the song presented with more emotion. I'd have been on my feet at the end of his version.

Rhydi to win.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2007, 08:43   #57
God Member

Agreed, Garinda, he's an amazing singer.

Although perhaps he's not really the right winner of this contest where they seem to be looking for a popstar who can sell chart records. He's a stage performer and a concert filler, not a three minute single type of act.

Old 26-11-2007, 22:56   #58
God Member

Dont get me wrong rydian has a great voice i just think he,s on the wrong show . he is definately ALW material .. but he is way out of his comfort zone with the x factor stuff.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2007, 17:33   #59
Senior Member+

Its been reported today that this is going to be the winners debut single:

It was originally in the film The Prince Of Egypt, by Whitney and Mariah.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 21:23   #60
God Member

Well, I think that the right three are through to the final.

Rhydian, Same Difference and Leon.

Niki is out of the competition....Thank God!!

I never liked her. To me, her voice is bland and she doesn't look clean. She looks sweaty, like she hasn't had a shower.

I really enjoyed the show tonight.

Tags
tv entertainment

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..