Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 6 Post By dotti34
  • 4 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 3 Post By taddy
  • 2 Post By Margaret Pilkington

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2021, 06:31   #1

Your first ever date

Probably not a forum sort of thing but I thought this might be a bit of fun. After I had posted on another thread about Cashie most probably being able to remember his very first date, I thought I’d start a thread about the very first date ever that other members of Accy Web had. Was it an enjoyable date or a disaster? A bright night or a fright night?

What I consider my first proper ‘grown-up’ date was with a young man who was temporarily staying near where I lived. He was good-looking, smart, polite, and about 20. I think I was 16. We got talking one day and he told me where he came from, what he did for a living, lots of things about himself. Then he asked me if I would like to go on a date with him to a (wait for it) wrestling match. Am pretty sure it was at King George’s Hall. Had never seen wrestlers performing so I said I would love to, and that is what we did.

Forget the connotation, there was no ‘wrestling’ when we got back home. I had been a bit apprehensive about what would happen when he took me home and have to say I was a tad disappointed when he just said how much he had enjoyed the evening but didn’t even attempt to kiss me goodnight. Later on I found out quite by chance why he was so well-behaved – he was getting married a couple of weeks later to his pregnant girlfriend!!!! Somehow that was one little thing he forgot to tell me.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-11-2021, 10:47   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Your first ever date

Well, although my memory is fairly sharp….I cannot recall my first grown up Date.
It can’t have been much of a success if I don’t remember it.
I did not have a lot of boyfriends….I think probably only three before I met my husband….so I think I led a fairly sheltered life.
I don’t think I missed out on anything as we have been married now for 55 years…..and only this morning he asked how long he had known me…..it is 57 years…..so not a bad score.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2021, 11:41   #3

Me and whats her name met in 1963 and married in 1967, Been married 55 years next March been together 54 years up to now, (wish I could remember her name)
odders, dotti34 and DaveinGermany like this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2021, 12:19   #4
Beacon of light

I think you will find it is Hazel, Taddy.
dotti34 and taddy like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2021, 18:42   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

SORRY Dotti i cant remember what i had for tea yesterday, never mind first date my memorys gone awhile since not that bothered to be honest cos i can do sod all about it. i think i was about 11 years old but thats about all.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..