Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Jobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f72/)
-   -   Wanted - Trainee baker, Oswaldtwistle. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f72/wanted-trainee-baker-oswaldtwistle-62354.html)

garinda 08-09-2012 14:35

Wanted - Trainee baker, Oswaldtwistle.

Local established family baker's shop in Oswaldtwistle seeks trainee baker.

(Note trainee. Meaning this job might be suitable for someone of any age who might need a job, or a change from what they're currently doing, not necessarily just a school leaver.)

Call in person, between 9am - 3pm, Monday to Saturday, for an application form to -

Martin's Bakery.
325 Union Road,
Oswaldtwistle,
BB5 3HS.

(If I can help with anything else please feel free to p.m. me. Though I don't really know very much more, other than my brother's only just advertised this job today.)

CHAZ1975 07-02-2013 13:45

Re: Wanted - Trainee baker, Oswaldtwistle.

is this job still available

Margaret Pilkington 07-02-2013 14:22

Garinda has been absent from the forum for quite a while, so it might be best to get in touch with the bakery to find out if there is still an opening.

CHAZ1975 07-02-2013 16:37

thanks

jaysay 07-02-2013 17:17

Thought for a minute Rindi was back

Bob Dobson 07-02-2013 18:42

I'll drop him a line - Katex too.

mobertol 12-02-2013 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 1041004)
I'll drop him a line - Katex too.

I had noticed that Kate has been missing too - since the end of the year, haven't had any contact on FB either for the same amount of time. Perhaps she's taking a winter holiday!

Bob Dobson 12-02-2013 12:56

I've had no response from Gary or Kate. HOWEVER, this may be because of the problems Ive had in sending and receiving emails these past 2 weeks. Is there someone up Ossie who can go in the Martin's shop and ask as to his health & wellbeing?

lancsdave 12-02-2013 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 1041770)
I've had no response from Gary or Kate. HOWEVER, this may be because of the problems Ive had in sending and receiving emails these past 2 weeks. Is there someone up Ossie who can go in the Martin's shop and ask as to his health & wellbeing?

Gary is posting on Facebook :)

jaysay 12-02-2013 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1041817)
Gary is posting on Facebook :)

Regularly and often:D

Bob Dobson 13-02-2013 20:43

I've had word frpom Gary, who is on the mend. The vacancy was filled by a young lad, who is 'coming on nicely'

lindsay ormerod 22-02-2013 12:54

Saw Gary last week in town with his mum, he's doing fine.:)

Tesco Rambler 07-03-2013 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1014255)
Local established family baker's shop in Oswaldtwistle seeks trainee baker.

(Note trainee. Meaning this job might be suitable for someone of any age who might need a job, or a change from what they're currently doing, not necessarily just a school leaver.)

Call in person, between 9am - 3pm, Monday to Saturday, for an application form to -

Martin's Bakery.
325 Union Road,
Oswaldtwistle,
BB5 3HS.

(If I can help with anything else please feel free to p.m. me. Though I don't really know very much more, other than my brother's only just advertised this job today.)

If I was younger and just starting out I wouldn't mind this job. Trouble is I didn't think like I do now when I was just starting out. Nevertheless I can't imagine an unpleasant baker. I bake bread myself and its a great process and bakers, just like people who like rabbits, must be decent, civilised and likeable people.
When I was a postman in the 1970s there was a continental baker in Ossy. Also way back then there was a lovely delicatesen at the bottom of Water Street in Accy run by a Polish couple and the breads and lovely aromas in that shop... If you could have bottled it, you could have sold it.

courtsxoxo 29-05-2014 18:49

hi i live in accrington and i am 15 years old if this job is still available i would love to come along and help.

Retlaw 29-05-2014 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by courtsxoxo (Post 1107346)
hi i live in accrington and i am 15 years old if this job is still available i would love to come along and help.

The original post is nearly two years old, and the person who wrote it is no longer on Accrington Web.