Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2010, 17:50   #1
Senior Member+

6pm - 6am stores job in accrington - £458 a week.

saw this on the job centre website and thought someone on here might want to apply for it - not bad pay and if you like the nightshift then its for you...

Job No:

ACC/48473
Wage

£458.25 WEEKLY

Hours

60 HOURS PER WEEK, MONDAY - FRIDAY, 6PM- 6AM

ACCRINGTON, LANCASHIRE BB5

Duration

Permanent

Date posted

09 July 2010

Pension details

Description

This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Pinpoint who are operating as an employment business.
We are looking to recruit a stores person for our client in Accrington. Previous experience of working in a stores environment is essential as is the ability to work as part of a team.
This is a temporary ongoing vacancy which could lead to permanent for the. right candidate.
This vacancy is covered by the Working Time Regulations.
For advice on this regulation you should see the Business support, information and advice | Business Link website or contact the Pay and Work Rights helpline..

How to apply

You can apply for this job by sending a CV/written application to Helen Jackson at Pinpoint Recruitment, [email protected].

Employer

Pinpoint Recruitment

hope this is of interest to someone..

Last edited by glasgow guy; 16-07-2010 at 17:53.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-07-2010, 11:45   #2
I am Banned

Re: 6pm - 6am stores job in accrington - £458 a week.

I posted your notice of the job on Rossendale Web.
The responce was that it would'nt be worth their while getting out of bed for a job like that.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2010, 12:04   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
The responce was that it would'nt be worth their while getting out of bed for a job like that.

Retlaw.
thats up to them but a jobs a job nowadays..
Old 17-07-2010, 17:45   #4
God Member

Quote:

Retlaw.
£458 per week not worth getting out of bed for? No wonder there are so many on the dole! I know professional people who dont get paid that much.
Old 18-07-2010, 02:47   #5

i can see the bad downfall with that job,6 pm to 6 am,6 nights a week means your 'getting out of bed' permanatly though doesnt it mossy..i can understand why its a dog of a job.
but then again ,needs must though if your unemployed at the moment
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2010, 09:36   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
£458 per week not worth getting out of bed for? No wonder there are so many on the dole! I know professional people who dont get paid that much.
Ditto, i don`t think its bad money to be honest..............
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2010, 10:27   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spignific View Post
i can see the bad downfall with that job,6 pm to 6 am,6 nights a week means your 'getting out of bed' permanatly though doesnt it mossy..i can understand why its a dog of a job.

It is 5 nights, not 6, 5 x 12 = 60. Its a job, doesnt lend itself well to spending money because its unsociable, it suits schooltimes, but would mean trying to sleep while the kids are on holiday, if I was out of work, I would take the job and work to make myself worth more. it is also easier to find a better job, than to find work from an unemployed status.
Old 18-07-2010, 11:59   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spignific View Post
There is also a long term effect with a job on permanent nights. The human body is not programed to sleep during the day, and work 5 nights, then revert back to normal for 2 days.
I worked for several years 3 days 0900 - 1800, then 3 nights 1800 - 0900, after a few years you are knackered, as you get older you start sleeping at odd times, when you should be awake.
Although a job is a job, long term health should be taken into account.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2010, 12:13   #9
God Member

Can anyoine tell me the point of having Working Time regulations which state a maximum 48 hour working week ? I realise this can be overridden but it defies logic that people not only advertise these jobs, but actuall have a government agency advertising it.

Maybe we should bring back workhouses and send kids up chimneys again
Old 18-07-2010, 14:12   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
There is also a long term effect with a job on permanent nights. The human body is not programed to sleep during the day, and work 5 nights, then revert back to normal for 2 days.
I worked for several years 3 days 0900 - 1800, then 3 nights 1800 - 0900, after a few years you are knackered, as you get older you start sleeping at odd times, when you should be awake.
Although a job is a job, long term health should be taken into account.
Retlaw.
it would appear that some folk are looking into this a bit too deeply -
in todays state its a job, its night shift, its 60 hours a week x £458.
if I had thought that it would get posts regarding the long term affects of the human body then I wouldnt have bothered posting it as I am sure if any respnsible adult were to apply for it then they would know what they are letting themselves in for.
I may just think twice in firing jobs up here in future and let others look for themselves than trying to help..
Old 18-07-2010, 14:16   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Can anyoine tell me the point of having Working Time regulations which state a maximum 48 hour working week ? I realise this can be overridden but it defies logic that people not only advertise these jobs, but actuall have a government agency advertising it.

Maybe we should bring back workhouses and send kids up chimneys again

now that I do agree with - but as long as its the lazy tracksuit wearing scrotes who knock about town during the day and weekends - how I would love to see them sweep a chimney in their best white nike tracky
Old 20-07-2010, 20:56   #12

I have got to say Glasgow Guy, you are doing this site a great service by directing people to a well paid job in a time of uncertanity with jobs generaly. May I say too that I for one think it is a good start for someone really wanting to work for a living. Across the board, jobs are the cause of ill health in later years, some worse than others. My being a TV engineer may have caused my leukaemia, that ended my working life, but nothing could be proved...The wage offered of £458.00 a week should also, maybe after a time, involve discounted goods, and we can see the job could be shelf stocking, so the weeky shop would be helped out..So Glasgow Guy, do keep your observant job searching for those out there that wish to work, you are doing a fine service.....Tony
robot1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 21:41   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

ignore em glasgow guy, a jobs a job fer anyone looking, i once did 7x12s fer oer 2 yrs without a break, needs must. good on yer i say.
Old 21-07-2010, 03:13   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

It looks to me like this job is in breach of the regulations.

Taken from here

Quote:
Restrictions on night work
As a night worker, you should not work more than an average of eight hours in each 24-hour period. This excludes overtime. You cannot opt out of this night working limit.

If your night work involves special hazards or heavy physical or mental strain, you can't be made to work more than eight hours in any 24-hour period.

This is an absolute limit rather than an average limit and includes daytime overtime. With absolute limits you cannot work over eight hours in any 24-hour period. Average limits allow you to average the hours you work over a set period. For example, one night you work nine hours, the next night you work seven, averaging out at eight hours.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..