Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2009, 21:17   #1
God Member

Advertise your skills

There must be lots of people out there who are not satisfied to stay at home and do nothing?
Qualified Tradesmen who have been made redundant through no fault of their own.......Why not post a resume of what you are capable of on here?
Google post Accyweb comments and contents reguarly thanks to our admin....maybe just maybe your resume will fall on the desk of an employer who can use your skills.?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-01-2009, 07:30   #2
God Member

Re: Advertise your skills

lol, i've just put my CV on disc actually, i aint putting it on here though

i dont want everyone knowing i used to be a lady of the night
Old 15-01-2009, 07:46   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

What do you mean used to be?
Old 15-01-2009, 21:33   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
There must be lots of people out there who are not satisfied to stay at home and do nothing?
Qualified Tradesmen who have been made redundant through no fault of their own.......Why not post a resume of what you are capable of on here?
Google post Accyweb comments and contents reguarly thanks to our admin....maybe just maybe your resume will fall on the desk of an employer who can use your skills.?

good idea... with the hard times I am sure people are always on the look out for jobs to be done around the home and so on.... I know I am:

maybe even do swap kinda thing :-)
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 22:47   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
maybe even do swap kinda thing :-)
What services are you offering?
Old 18-01-2009, 15:15   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What services are you offering?

I will have to think on that one Neil
Old 29-01-2009, 10:36   #7
God Member

on another site im called rover because i can lick my own balls

it may not be a pretty sight but its a skill

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 14:51   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
on another site im called rover because i can lick my own balls

it may not be a pretty sight but its a skill
does that mean you are always in the dog house then.... ( fetch )
Old 01-02-2009, 18:16   #9
God Member

I dont always agree with royboy, but on this occasion I think it is a good idea, as an employer, it would be really good if people I could make use of, if the oppotunity arose, could be found on here, where many know them.
Old 01-02-2009, 18:32   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
does that mean you are always in the dog house then.... ( fetch )
sadly due to either beer or bad judgment i have occasionaly wandered into a dogs house

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 18:51   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
I dont always agree with royboy, but on this occasion I think it is a good idea, as an employer, it would be really good if people I could make use of, if the oppotunity arose, could be found on here, where many know them.
Just be careful about employing someone to do work if they are on any benefits that might be affected. I have a 76 year old model who works for prints only, otherwise her pension might be affected. The prints are only a few pennies each, so it's unlikely to be considered a benefit in kind.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 20:18   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
Just be careful about employing someone to do work if they are on any benefits that might be affected. I have a 76 year old model who works for prints only, otherwise her pension might be affected. The prints are only a few pennies each, so it's unlikely to be considered a benefit in kind.
Why should the reference be made to benifit claimers?
The thread was intended for able bodied people who are out of a job at the moment and because of their skills feel they should not be.
Licking ones own balls does not in my opinion count as a skill, that should be refered to the keeper of the sex register.
If someone applied to me for a job I would consider the benifits and the CV of the applicant.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 20:28   #13
God Member

And I dont use anybody on benefits, my employees are full time and permenant/
Old 01-02-2009, 20:29   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I think it could be of great use to both parties, perhaps not putting your full C.V. on that could be P.M.'d later but to list pertinent skills and experiences and perhaps the hours willing/able to work.

As for benefits I took this as being a way to get people off benefits, not to supply a list of cheap labour for the 'black economy'.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:57   #15

Quote:
Why should the reference be made to benifit claimers?
Um- because it's a valid point? At the top of the thread:
Quote:
Qualified Tradesmen who have been made redundant through no fault of their own...
Last time I looked, people who are made redundant qualify for unemployment benefit almost immediately (unlike those who get the sack or who resign). Those benefit payments may be affected by making themselves available for paid work through something like accyweb.

I don't know where the reference to "incapacity" and "sex register" comes in.

I've obviously misunderstood the nature of the thread: I assumed it was for stay-at-home accywebbers with skills that could be put to good use, and the inclination to do so. Being able to pop round and fix someone's computer or diagnose an electrical fault, that sort of thing.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..