Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2009, 00:59   #1
Loz

any jobs?

Does anybody out there know of any jobs going or does anybody want a worker in any job any hours because i'm going mad trying to find work after losing my job in january.
I have applied for countless jobs but no luck yet!
Thanks if anybody can help!
Old 21-03-2009, 05:19   #2
God Member

Re: any jobs?

Loz, i'm in the same boat love, applied for 12/13 in the last fortnight, without any luck
Old 23-03-2009, 11:20   #3

My brother is in the same situation,and his girlfriend is due their first child in 3 weeks.
He has signed up with loads of agencies,he goes to the 'joke' shop every day.
He spends ages on the net looking,hes handed out loads of copies of his CV and forklift licence.
And still nothing !
Hes started to get really down because hes living in my front room and shes with her mum because they just cant afford a house.
mumtotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 11:03   #4

In the same situation myself - getting wed in 11 days too!!
TBH there isn't a lot out there unless you have relevant qualifications. When you do apply 90% don't even get back to you as they're that inundated with applications they have a huge pool to find the right person.
Even jobcentre staff look like they ain't too bothered these days....

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 15:43   #5

And again.

I have been considering setting up business by myself instead.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 16:55   #6

What as Matty?? Do you have a trade??

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 17:38   #7

Handyman, sex slave etc
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 19:00   #8

I wish you all the best in findind your self a job because my self at the time i was like your self and i was a road sweeper with h.b.c for a bout 9 years but give it a try.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 00:51   #9

If anyone has a car and mobile phone and can work between 10 and 20 hours per week please PM me
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 17:48   #10

And we are right at the other extreme, been advertising a tele sales job for the last 3 weeks and not one applicant!

All we need is some tele sales experience, a desire to succeed, flexibility and reliability.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 16:41   #11
God Member

I think it might be better if some more information on the above 2 job offers were given. Sorry to sound cynical but to me they both sound like commision only jobs such as Betterware or Avon. Unless you are exceptionally good or exceptionally lucky then they can best be described as pin money jobs.

Just watch somebody come along now and tell me they earn a grand a week selling Betterware

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..