Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2008, 23:27   #1

Anyone know of any local jobs?

Looking for anything really. lots of warehouse experience and a small bit of shop work experience. anything considered really. tried jobcentre and never seems to be anything in. so if anyone knows anywhere that is taking people on please let me know. prefer oswaldtwistle accrington and blackburn areas would be ideal, must be accessible by public transport or idealy walking distance (doubt that will happen though lol) cheers for any help.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-09-2008, 23:50   #2

Re: Anyone know of any local jobs?

Forgot to mention that i wouldnt mind getting into bar work if anyone knows of any pubs clubs or bars that would be willing to take on someone and show me the ropes:-). but any job is better than no job so suggestions more than welcome. cheers again.
Old 26-09-2008, 12:09   #3
God Member

Think BoozeBusters on Burnley Rd might be taking on agin, part time
Game and the card shop in the arndale are taking on for xmas

Even temporary jobs are better than nowt
Old 27-09-2008, 00:42   #4

Any job is better than no job, temporary work is fine atleast it brings money in and gains me experience. Infact i think every job i have had except one has been temporary work. ill check those places out tomorrow. thanks:-).
Old 27-09-2008, 07:11   #5
God Member

There are no jobs for life anymore. Every job is a temporary job, only the length of it changes.
Old 27-09-2008, 08:03   #6

The jewelery shop near HMV in Blackburn had a Xmas vacancy advertised when I went past early in the week

For bar work try any Weatherspoons. They are not the best company to work for, in my opinion, but do train people up. Also working for them you dont need to worry about customer service!
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 10:52   #7

Took a few application forms/CVs into places now just gotta wait and see what happens. any more suggestions more than welcome. cheers people.
Old 30-09-2008, 13:11   #8
God Member

None so far... will keep a look out tho

Good Luck

How about just trying by chance, Home and Bargain and B&M
They both have a number of staff come an go, but it your case makes no difference as any job is better than none
Get ya foot in the door so to speak then start looking again

Failing that, ya could go through the yellow pages, identifying prospective employers, places where ya wanna work and send in a CV and covering letter, this does work by the way
Old 30-09-2008, 20:39   #9

The Red Lion Pub at Whitebirk Blackburn , are after staff ,went for a meal yesterday , they had a board outside advertising for staff. Tel 01254 268250
Angie 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 13:53   #10

Sorted. Got myself a job:-). and its easily within walking distance from my house:-). So a huge thanks to accylass for suggesting booze buster. went for an interview yesterday and got a phone call this morning offering me a job at the shop in ossy. so cheers to accylass and a big thanks to everyone else who suggested places.
Old 02-10-2008, 15:22   #11
God Member

Great stuff!

Enjoy!
Old 10-10-2008, 22:48   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
There are no jobs for life anymore. Every job is a temporary job, only the length of it changes.
Depends very much on the applicant..go for a job that you consider to be below your station and work up from there.
Attitude has a lot to do with the workplace....If you are considered by the management to be a threat to your other workmates, you will not progress.
Your CV does not tell the true story...your performance does.
No stigma in being a bus driver or a dustman....That is a job that pays well......If we are lucky we do get jobs that will last until retirement.
Dont look for the glamour jobs...everyone wants them, to be a pen pusher sounds OK but is it really?
Good luck to Speedy..............He got off his arse and found a job.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950

Last edited by Royboy39; 10-10-2008 at 22:51.
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:43   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Depends very much on the applicant..go for a job that you consider to be below your station and work up from there.
Attitude has a lot to do with the workplace....If you are considered by the management to be a threat to your other workmates, you will not progress.
Your CV does not tell the true story...your performance does.
No stigma in being a bus driver or a dustman....That is a job that pays well......If we are lucky we do get jobs that will last until retirement.
Dont look for the glamour jobs...everyone wants them, to be a pen pusher sounds OK but is it really?
Good luck to Speedy..............He got off his arse and found a job.

I don't recall commenting about peoples choice of jobs, each to their own.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:53   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:

Unless you work for the Council

Stop smiling, yes you, you know who you are
Old 11-10-2008, 20:35   #15
God Member

Quote:
I don't recall commenting about peoples choice of jobs, each to their own.
I don't recall asking you....This is a thread about jobs that may or may not be on offer in Accy, leading to a very happy young man who found himself a job. Commenting on a young lad who has found a job in double quick time in my view is well in order.....I don't bleat about 'Can't get a job'....neither did this lad......Each to his own I accept but if anyone gets more in benefits than by working...so be it.......not for me thanks.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..