Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2008, 19:12   #1

anyone need a babysitter?

Hi there, my name is Megan Dawson and I am 21 years old. I live in Huncoat, Accrington. I have recently finished university, studying for a degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice. I will be applying to join Lancashire police when the application process opens later in the year.

I am available for babysitting/nannying jobs in the Accrington area. I do not have any formal qualifications with regards to childcare, and I do not drive a car. However, I have three younger siblings that I have helped to bring up with my parents, one of whom has a form of autism, so I feel that I am capable to look after children of any age.

I am open to any rate of pay, as long as it is reasonable.

If anyone wants a mature, responsible babysitter, please send me a private message on here and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Megan
megandawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-07-2008, 19:51   #2

Re: anyone need a babysitter?

Hey.. nice one on the uni degree. Well done.
and Iope you get accepted in the police force.

P.s Say hi to Huw for me, what is he up to now? from alec!!
AccyAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:06   #3
God Member

dont want to sound cynical but there are a lot of pitfalls you could fall into offering a service that your not qualified to do especialy regarding children and all it takes is one blemish on your record wether it be innocent or not and you will never get into the police force.For example if a child you were looking after bumped its head for example and it was totaly an accident, all it would take would you to be reported by the parents if they over reacted for example and you can kiss any career in the police goodbye

my advice would be think of somthing else to earn some extra cash
thats legit and above board

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:39   #4
God Member

The Bay horse in Baxenden were looking for Bar staff last week, not sure if its been filled yet

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:59   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
dont want to sound cynical but there are a lot of pitfalls you could fall into offering a service that your not qualified to do especialy regarding children and all it takes is one blemish on your record wether it be innocent or not and you will never get into the police force.For example if a child you were looking after bumped its head for example and it was totaly an accident, all it would take would you to be reported by the parents if they over reacted for example and you can kiss any career in the police goodbye

my advice would be think of somthing else to earn some extra cash
thats legit and above board
I agree, and you should certainly get yourself CRB checked at least.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:30   #6

Oh My God, you cant do anything anymore, she only asked for babysitting jobs and she was attacked by the health and safety police! I know you have to be carefull but...
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 13:07   #7
God Member

Nell, what are you going on about? i agree with everything that has been said in this thread, apart from what you have just said, i would never ever let a stranger look after my child, especially if they had only joined accyweb to find work looking after children, as accyman has said 'call me cynical' but can you vouch for this person? is this person a peodofile (sp?) we dont know ANYTHING about her so why should we be expected to trust her with a child of ours?
Old 10-09-2008, 14:19   #8

did you do any baby sitting when you were younger? If not i'm sure you know someone who did. Did they have a CRB check?
And as for not knowing anything about her- surely no ones daft enough to let someone look after their kids without checking up on them and getting references first?

It would be great if babysitters (14 years and upwards remember) were qualified, but since when did this become the norm?
What about brothers and sisters are they qualified? Should they not look after their siblings 'just in case'?

I am trained in child care and have a CRB check so i know what people are talking about, and i know how important it is, but the world has gone mad.

And dont try telling me the worlds a dangerous place now, cos it aint! Things were happening years ago just like now.

People, when looking for a babysitter, for heavens sake, take precautions. Talk to the parents if app. and ask for references and experience. But, dont expect your babysitter to come ready with CRB and degree.
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 15:08   #9
God Member

well it must be right if you say so nell, musn't it
Old 12-09-2008, 18:53   #10
God Member

[quote=Nell;629478]
And dont try telling me the worlds a dangerous place now, cos it aint! Things were happening years ago just like now.
quote]

Have you been living in a cave......?
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..