Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2011, 08:59   #1
Junior Member+

Car mechanic job wanted

I'm currently studying at accy college trainning to be a car mechanic, I have just completed my level 2 and now i'm trying to find a garage that would like to take me on full time or just a couple of days a week to help further my skills.

If anyone would like to give me an oppertunity and would like to know what skills i have already learned just send me a message.
vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-07-2011, 11:21   #2

Re: Car mechanic job wanted

KCL Garage, which is at the very top of Willows Lane is looking for a mechanic. Not sure on the experience they want but "Commericial Mechanic Required - Apply Within" is on the poster outside.

Last edited by Mick; 01-07-2011 at 15:43. Reason: no land line numbers
Accysense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 14:39   #3
Junior Member+

Still looking for a garage for a couple of days work whilst i study my level 3 if anybody knows anyone that could help please let me know.
vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 19:44   #4
JFT96

I don't know of any jobs going, but if I were you I would do this.
Get a list of garages in your local area, use yell or similar.
Dress well, shirt, trouses and shoes.
Go to said garages and ask to speak to the owner/ manager.
Ask for a job.

I have done exactly that in the past, it does work. In fact when I met the chief pilot of bmi baby, the first thing I said was, can I have a job.

Jobs will not find you, you have to be proactive.
Good luck

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 12:06   #5

Don't know if you have got anything yet vader, or if this is any good to you but thought i would post the link just in case.

Rishton garage turning down work because it can't find mechanic (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..