Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2009, 19:36   #1
May

Delivery Driver needed!

Hi, I'm the boss of Spring Garden on Union Road in Ossy, and i need a driver to cover deliveries on a Thursday and Friday ASAP! Anyones fine, as long as you have a car, and a license! LOL
May is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2009, 19:45   #2
God Member

Re: Delivery Driver needed!

Send me a beef curry fried rice round so I can sample what I'll be delivering and I'll think about it

Hope you get someone quick

PS - welcome to Accyweb

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 15:31   #3

hi....what are the hours and payment?....cheers
AngleIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 00:45   #4

Shame Wayne walked out, was best driver you could ever have IMHO.

On a side note Royal Spice next door to spring garden are also looking for delivery staff, no idea of hours or rate of pay as it got mentioned to me in a brief conversation with one of the lads who works there. (id have took more interest but i dont drive yet so is useless to me unfortunately).
Old 17-01-2010, 18:49   #5
God Member

its a pitty you cant do the job with your usernam to live by our food woudl never arrive cold

on the other hand if i was to get the job my username woudl have to be changed to DeadOnArrival considering my driving technique when on a time limit

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 18:10   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Well let's be honest, it's not a Delivery Driver needed, it's someone with their own transport, so you turn up there get an interview that probably consists of have you got a car? You answer, "Yes", then as if by magic you suddenly have a part time job.

BUT, what happens when one night you get pulled up by the Law, it could be for a minor traffic offence, and they ask you where you are going and why?

You tell him , a delivery to such a house with a curry, Ah say's he and what type of insurance do you have? You of course only have normal private insurance and suddenly find that to take on a job such as delivery driver should have bought commercial insurance.

You apologise to Mr. Plod, saying you where ignorant of such a need, but it's too late, he has his little pad out, is getting all your details and leaving you with no doubt's that you had better plead guilty because he has got you bang to rights.

When somebody advertises for a 'Delivery Driver' and you find they want you to use your own transport, make sure they intend to pay enough for you to make your insurance legal otherwise you may live to regret it.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 18:38   #7
God Member

a very good point less

are you sober ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 18-01-2010, 18:42   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
a very good point less

are you sober ?
Unfortunately yes, but then, perhaps you'll take pity on me and deliver me to a drinking hole?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 18:47   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Unfortunately yes, but then, perhaps you'll take pity on me and deliver me to a drinking hole?
im not insured to carry hazzardous materials sory

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..