Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2011, 08:23   #1

Free Basic I.T Course

Do you want to learn more about using the internet? Do you want to save time and money by doing things online? Are you unsure about where to start and what 'being online' actually means?

The Accrington Community Training Centre could help you with there free basic I.T course.

you can email Lisa on [email protected] or private mail me on here

Training - FREE Basic Internet Course | St Antony's Centre

Thank you

Last edited by Mick; 05-10-2011 at 08:39.
lisa1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-10-2011, 11:36   #2

Re: Free Basic I.T Course

I know someone who may be interested in this. She doesn't have an email address, but even if she did, she wouldn't know how to use it - which is why she needs a basic course.

But your contact form on the above page has email address as a mandatory field.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:41   #3
Resting in Peace

I found this useful.

BBC - WebWise - The BBC's guide to using the internet

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:54   #4

hiya sorry it does have a contact number on the website link i put on. We are on Warner St in Accrington and offer full support in learning how to use a computer/internet would you like me to pm you our contact number?

thank you lisa x
Old 05-10-2011, 17:48   #5
God Member

Lisa... on my jobs page, under that link. Will you put the direct number for ACT please and that's it's available in Accrington?
On the site it looks like people are only available to contact in Preston, Manchester and Liverpool.
Thanks hun
Old 05-10-2011, 18:00   #6
God Member

Apologies Lisa... Looking a bit more into it, I see the Accrington bit. Will use the details from that
Old 01-11-2011, 12:41   #7

The fifth annual 'Get Online Week' campaign will run from 30th October to 6th November and this years theme will be for people to spend an hour and see what the Internet can do for them.

With the clocks going back on 30th October, we will all have an extra hour and people are being asked to spend this online. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never touched a computer before or if you already know a little bit, the internet really does have something for everyone.

St. Antony’s Centre will be taking part in this year’s campaign and will be holding taster sessions throughout the week at our various centres across the region. We are inviting people to come along to one of our sessions, spend time online and see what the internet can do for them. Learners can sign up to our free internet classes which cover email, internet searching, accessing public services and safety online. These courses are free and easy to use and once they have been signed up to, they can be accessed from anywhere. If learners do not feel comfortable accessing these alone or do not have the means to do so, they are invited to return to the Centre after the event for additional sessions.

Kevin Flanagan, Director at St. Antony’s Centre. He said: “Whether you want to follow your hobbies, keep in touch with family and friends or just save a bit of time and money doing the things you do everyday – the internet really does have something for everyone. We want to challenge people to spend an hour with us and see what the internet could do for them! It’s completely free, there’ll be lots of other beginners there in exactly the same boat and our friendly staff will be on hand to help.”

Each event will run from 10am until 4pm (with the exception of Haslingden Community Link) and learners are invited to attend for a 1 hour slot. The events will be run at the following venues at the following times:

· Monday 31st October- Preston Community Learning Centre, Sedgwick Street, Preston PR1 1TP

· Tuesday 1st November- Accrington Community Training Centre, Warner Street, Accrington BB5 1HN (3pm-7:45pm)

· Wednesday 2nd November- St. Antony’s Centre, Eleventh Street, Trafford Park, M17 1JF

· Thursday 3rd November- Liverpool Community Training Centre , Columbus Quay, Riverside Drive, L3 4GB

· Friday 4th November 2011- Oldham Community Training Centre, Union Street, Oldham, OL1 1DU

· Friday 4th November 2011, Haslingden Community Link, Bury Road, Haslingden BB4 5PG (12:30pm until 3:30pm)

To book your place at Preston, Oldham, Liverpool or Manchester call Joanne on To book your place at Haslingden or Accrington call Kathryn on

( You will have to PM Lisa for the phone numbers - Neil )

Go-On- See what the internet can do for you!

Last edited by Neil; 01-11-2011 at 15:19. Reason: remove phone numbers

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..