Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2009, 11:23   #1
Senior Member+

help and advice needed

a friend of mine is looking to get into care work as a career however doesn't really know where to start.
idealy they are looking for a position as a care assistant which offers training and qualifications

any ideas where to start?
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-08-2009, 12:04   #2
God Member

Re: help and advice needed

Job Centre might be an idea BRAINS!!!!

tell your 'friend' that she may well need her NVQ 2 in care, most places have training whilst on the job, there was a couple of positions in Blackburn J/C this week, have a look at Burnley j/c Matt, i bet they have loads in, most do, tell her good luck and when is she coming shopping
Old 29-08-2009, 12:51   #3
Senior Member+

already tried that one DUUUH!
looking for alternative options or if anyone knows of anywhere to contact direct
Old 29-08-2009, 14:37   #4
God Member

dont get clever, your not too big to be knocked out MATE
Old 29-08-2009, 17:24   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimaster View Post
already tried that one DUUUH!
looking for alternative options or if anyone knows of anywhere to contact direct
hang around an old folks home long enough and they will find you a job to do

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 03:19   #6

Ask at the local colleges who have courses in care work. Alternatively , a letter knocked up and sent to all nursing homes in the yellow pages may help. There are many nursing homes that are in a group that would be listed also on the web and yellow pages and worth contacting as they would have maybe many in diferent areas too. Some of the hospitals are willing to take on unexperienced people and prepared to train.
The Blue Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 08:10   #7
God Member

Matt, tell her to look for community care work too, i'll have a word when i see you both on Tuesday
Old 30-08-2009, 12:48   #8
I am Banned

Have you tried homestart? Not sure if it is voluntary but perhaps it could lead on to a job. Think it is more geared towards families ( I don't mean sure start - def homestart) but I know they do deal with many different situations so may be worth a try- sorry don't have number - that is down to them to find I suppose.

other than that colleges, and introducing themselves at care homes. I always think it is nicer and gives a better impression that you can be bothered if you drop a cv off by hand. Don't forget any experience at all - looking after family members/ elderly neighbours ect counts even if it is just nipping to corner shop for them.

Best of luck for them x
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 12:51   #9

Has she tried LCC, they do on the job training. Link below

Search Results

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 13:48   #10
Senior Member+

thanks for the advice everyone some good pointers there

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..