Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2011, 14:18   #1
chb

Smile Hyndburn Private Hire Licensed Drivers Required

Full Time Positions Available

Hyndburn Private Hire Licensed Drivers Required 40 plus hours per week. Vehicle based in Accrington but work will be in and around Manchester.

Corporate work only, we provide the vehicle and uniform. Must have a Hyndburn Licence for Private Hire no drunks or awkward passengers to contend with. Good rate of pay and a quality vehicle just turn up and drive.

Must be flexible and willing to do that little bit extra.

Please call Michael Harris on 08450 944 620 or 07896414300

Last edited by chb; 24-01-2011 at 14:26. Reason: Added Phone Number
chb is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-01-2011, 00:37   #2
God Member

Re: Hyndburn Private Hire Licensed Drivers Required

just out of interest (whilst i'm outta work and considering 'owt) what's involved in acquiring a private hire license? is it a quick and easy and cheap process provided you are of sound mind and intelligence with no criminal record?
Old 31-01-2011, 10:20   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
just out of interest (whilst i'm outta work and considering 'owt) what's involved in acquiring a private hire license? is it a quick and easy and cheap process provided you are of sound mind and intelligence with no criminal record?
PM Bernard or Clayton Ender I'm sure they know the criteria for obtaining a license Macc
Old 31-01-2011, 10:40   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

used to apply through council rob up st.james st, they give me one 1980 so you should have no trouble.
Old 31-01-2011, 19:24   #5
Senior Member+

When you find out let us know what to do please, just out of interest?!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 19:45   #6
Senior Member+

The Council's licensing department is based at Cannon St. Most people will probably know it as the Environmental Health Office. There's also quite a bit of useful information on licensing on the Council's website.The Council licensing committee deals with private hire applications,amongst other things.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 00:51   #7
God Member

thanks for the replies so far

on a brief look into it I came up with;

1. fill in application form at above mentioned office to apply for license. If succesful applicant is granted a badge initially fo r6 months but extended to 12 month upon completion of ...
2. a college course of 25 hours in 10 weekly 2.5 hour sessions to equip driver with knowledge of H&S, disabled customers, smackheads, canheads, potheads and dick'eds
3. complete 'The Knowledge' whereby applicants must be able to demonstrate they know the quickest route to 12 out of 15 Hyndburn landmarks from a set starting point.

the license itself costs either £57 or £67 and the Area Knowledge Test cost £20.50 - I can't find info on the 10 week course other than AccRoss run it. You'd also have to pay £36 for a CRB check.

Fair enough you'll get difficult customers (as in most face to face jobs) but for a little over £100 you can grab yourself a job where you get to sit on yer bum all day! I don't know whether or not they are lucrative but it seems a good deal to me!
Old 01-02-2011, 15:28   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

that looks like a load of bull to me rob, "Knowledge" pmsl, last cab i got was across from the "Broadway" the guy asked me to direct him to "Park Rd." he was gonna go up Burnley Rd. pmsl
Old 01-02-2011, 19:12   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that looks like a load of bull to me rob, "Knowledge" pmsl, last cab i got was across from the "Broadway" the guy asked me to direct him to "Park Rd." he was gonna go up Burnley Rd. pmsl
Give the poor cabby time cashy probably hasn't learnt english yet mate
Old 02-02-2011, 15:35   #10
God Member

dont wory about having a criminal record a quick search on here alone came up with 2 sex offenders and 1 person convicted of assault been given licences to transport the public in hyndburn.Its a pitty accy obserbver dosnt keep records as good as accyweb as their link to the story now directs you to the manchester evening news page not found

http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/..._licence_.html

if you dont get your licence with a clean record i would be asking why not when criminals can

good luck if you decide to take it up

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..