Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2010, 00:22   #1

Jobs at Primark

I was told tonight that Primark in Blackburn are taking on 200 new staff now. I don't think the store is ready yet but staff are being sorted out now
Hope this is of some help to someone
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-05-2010, 06:52   #2
God Member

Re: Jobs at Primark

thanx for the heads up Sue

https://www.amris.com/wizards/primark_blackburn/

Last edited by flashy; 25-05-2010 at 06:55.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 12:27   #3
Senior Member+

Just applied
thanks
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 14:12   #4
God Member

it's not as clear cut as it seems, they are capping the applicants at 1000 then taking it down to 500 then 250 then 200, people are applying from Preston, Bolton, Burnley and as far away as Manchester, the people at the jobcentre arent happy because they aren't advertising it through the jobcentre, they are only advertising it through the Primark site
Old 26-05-2010, 18:57   #5
Senior Member+

well we can only hope lol, dont really need to work but is nice to get out sometimes lol
Old 26-05-2010, 21:16   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
it's not as clear cut as it seems, they are capping the applicants at 1000 then taking it down to 500 then 250 then 200, people are applying from Preston, Bolton, Burnley and as far away as Manchester, the people at the jobcentre arent happy because they aren't advertising it through the jobcentre, they are only advertising it through the Primark site
I'm sure I saw it on the jobcentre website yesterday. I will go and see if I can find the link.
I think I'm going crackers.
Old 26-05-2010, 21:28   #7

I did see it, it's here
Directgov jobs and skills search - Job details
It tells you to go to the Primark web site but it is advertised on jobcentre web site under Blackburn jobs. It went on yesterday morning.
Old 26-05-2010, 21:58   #8
God Member

i went to see my advisor at the job centre yesterday and it was her who told me that they weren't advertising it through the jc website
Old 26-05-2010, 22:01   #9
God Member

found it

here it is for anyone else who is interested

Vacancy from
Job No:BCK/35711
WageEXCEEDS NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE
Hours16-20 HOURS PER WEEK OVER 7 DAYS/EVENINGS BETWEEN 9AM-8PM
LocationBLACKBURN, LANCASHIRE BB1
DurationPermanent
Date posted24 May 2010
Closing date08 June 2010
Pension detailsNo details held
Description
This Local Employment Partnership employer shares information about new starters with Jobcentre Plus for statistical purposes only. See Website of the UK government : Directgov for further information. Previous retail experience preferred, but not essential as training will be given. Must have ability to work in a fast paced & rapidly changing retail environment. Have ability to multi task & have attention to detail. Must take pride in their work. Must take pride in their work. Duties include to assist in the efficient running of a department in accordance with company procedures, till work, customer service, fitting rooms, stock replenishment and general housekeeping.
How to apply
You can apply for this job by visiting Jobs and following the instructions on the webpage.
Employer
Primark Stores
Old 27-05-2010, 22:38   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
found it

Hours16-20 HOURS PER WEEK OVER 7 DAYS/EVENINGS BETWEEN 9AM-8PM
LocationBLACKBURN, LANCASHIRE BB1
DurationPermanent
Just curious , Is there a reason the jobs advertised only "part-time" ....16-20 Hrs per week ? , Would have thought for any business a full time staff was "cheaper" to train and manage , plus 1/2 the office management costs .
Or is the ad designed to attract young 'trendy looking' college kids .
Thanks .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2010, 23:19   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Just curious , Is there a reason the jobs advertised only "part-time" ....16-20 Hrs per week ? , Would have thought for any business a full time staff was "cheaper" to train and manage , plus 1/2 the office management costs .
Thanks .
Dont think thats the case, think theres loads of stuff they can wheedle out of giving "Part Timers" oer here, least there used to be. Holiday Pay used to be one of em, as well as hols, also excluded from works pension schemes. probably still the case?
Old 27-05-2010, 23:21   #12

IMO it will be hell to work there, seeing how bad the Manchester one gets.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 09:16   #13
Senior Member+

Part time staff is cheaper, they dont get breaks so they dont have to pay them for that
Old 28-05-2010, 11:23   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Thanks .
summat else fer you to ponder on Part time staff are very unlikely to be unionised as they cant afford the subs in the main, cos of the crap wages, if ya scratch the surface n look deeper, thats certainly much cheaper fer the "Employers" in the long run.
Old 08-06-2010, 18:36   #15

I think they prefer parttime staff because of their opening hours- which are usually quite late.
employing full time staff would mean only a couple of hours at the end of the day for the part time staff to take over- I suppose it is easier to spread the hours more evenly if workers are part time if that makes sense?

it does offer full time on the application though.
keetah_992000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..