Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2008, 14:39   #1
jem

looking for acting jobs

also i have a degree in performing arts so if any one knows of any acting jobs plz can u let me kno thx
Old 04-04-2008, 16:55   #2

Re: looking for acting jobs

You could try getting 'The Stage' from a newsagent. Most companies advertise in here, also register with StarNow.co.uk - Acting jobs, Modelling auditions, Reality TV casting calls, Dance & Music jobs, Photographers wanted . They have loads of castings and auditions, for all types of entertainment. A lot of the work is London and surrounds, and you may find there is not a lot locally. Although you maybe lucky and find something in the Manchester area.What tends to happen is they call you for a casting and you need to be in London/Essex/anywhere in the southeast within 3 hours, this happened to my daughter a lot and she had to move to London.
Good Luck

Jelly Baby

Last edited by jelly baby; 04-04-2008 at 17:03.
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 17:01   #3
God Member

How about foreign footballer in the Premier league
Old 04-04-2008, 17:08   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
How about foreign footballer in the Premier league
or fairies at Turf Moor Dave
Old 07-04-2008, 11:12   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
also i have a degree in performing arts so if any one knows of any acting jobs plz can u let me kno thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
so if any one knows where the is a job going plz can u let me know

i have no experience

i have no GCES's

it will be my first job
So you have no GCSEs (I thought the acronym spelled itself?), but you have a degree in Performing Arts? You must be 21+, but you have never had a job?

How does all that work out?
Old 07-04-2008, 12:13   #6
God Member

Hi

You should sign up to Arts Council Jobs because then you'll get a daily list of all community arts activity and jobs available for audition.

PM me with what sort of drama you're interested in, do you write as well, direct etc.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 03:14   #7

Hi all,

I've been acting and presenting for the past few years on and off (mainly off as is usually the case!!!) and found that the best jobs are found by agents - which is near on impossible to get when first starting out. So I agree with Jelly Baby and join an online agency that only charges a few quid a month but you get access to loads of jobs. Star now is good but HUGE with 20,000 people able to apply for the same job!
I think they're pretty new as I haven't noticed them around for long but I've had 4 auditions from them and got 2 (be it small) jobs - one corporate video and one as an extra. Not big earners but its paid for my membership 10 times over for the next year so I'm happy

:-)

Last edited by Mick; 21-11-2008 at 06:06.
richardp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 11:30   #8

Star Now have been around for at least 18 months- we put forward the details and images of one of our models that long ago.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..