Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 19:41   #16

Re: Looking for Christmas work

You are going to find it difficult as how can you attend a job interview? Most shops will have temp staff jobs advertised Oct/Nov, but you always have to have an interview. Good luck.
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2012, 20:34   #17
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I think you misunderstood my post. Like many small businesses in the UK we struggle to survive. The fact we are in a dying town makes it ten times harder.

As Margaret says the job market here is dire.

How long have you been away for ? If it's more than a couple of years you are in for a real shock trying to find a job here
I've been away about 7 years. Jobs are just as bad here at the moment too though. Maybe not quite as bad as in a small town cause I live in the city but still pretty awful.
Raiganhodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 00:01   #18
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallop79 View Post
You are going to find it difficult as how can you attend a job interview? Most shops will have temp staff jobs advertised Oct/Nov, but you always have to have an interview. Good luck.
I unders. And I know it will be hard and very unlikely I will get anything. But a small chance is better than no chance when I want to come home so badly!
Raiganhodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2012, 21:42   #19
Senior Member+

How about applying at express gifts in clayton. Can you use a computer ok. Perhaps you can get on in the phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiganhodgson View Post
Planning on coming home to accrington over Christmas for three months to spend time with my family but need to find work before I make the trip. Wondering if any one has anything or knows of anything that could be suitable? Will do anything and have references from a library a supermarket and a pet shop. Thanks
Old 17-10-2012, 17:23   #20

Looking for a part time job in Accrington, I am not 16 yet but will be on he 31st of October. I just want a job that pays a reasonable wage and a reasonable amount of hours but not at its minimum hours.
kalum lewis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christmas, jobs, work

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..