Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 23:29   #1
Junior Member+

Exclamation Looking for Christmas work

Planning on coming home to accrington over Christmas for three months to spend time with my family but need to find work before I make the trip. Wondering if any one has anything or knows of anything that could be suitable? Will do anything and have references from a library a supermarket and a pet shop. Thanks
Raiganhodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2012, 09:05   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Looking for Christmas work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiganhodgson View Post
Planning on coming home to accrington over Christmas for three months to spend time with my family but need to find work before I make the trip. Wondering if any one has anything or knows of anything that could be suitable? Will do anything and have references from a library a supermarket and a pet shop. Thanks
Get yourself a copy of the Hynburn Business Directory and write or ring round asking if anyone has any work, best option I can think of?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:12   #3
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Looking for Christmas work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Get yourself a copy of the Hynburn Business Directory and write or ring round asking if anyone has any work, best option I can think of?
He thanks for the suggestion! Living in new Zealand at the moment though so do they have an online copy??
Old 09-08-2012, 11:40   #4
God Member

This site seems to fit the bill

It's HYNDBURN | Local Businesses

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 13:43   #5
God Member

Argos usually take on temps over the Christmas period
Old 09-08-2012, 18:27   #6
God Member

Full marks for trying to plan ahead but I can't imagine many places will entertain an application from abroad until you get over here. Loads of students after part times jobs here.
Old 09-08-2012, 21:37   #7
God Member

You'll need your national insurance number thats a dead cert
Old 09-08-2012, 21:38   #8
God Member

highly possible that you will need a crb check and at least two referances
Old 09-08-2012, 23:20   #9
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Looking for Christmas work

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
highly possible that you will need a crb check and at least two referances
Yep have all that stuff and a national insurance number. Thanks!
Old 09-08-2012, 23:21   #10
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Looking for Christmas work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Full marks for trying to plan ahead but I can't imagine many places will entertain an application from abroad until you get over here. Loads of students after part times jobs here.
Looking for full time temporary work!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:05   #11
Junior Member+

Quote:
Will gift print be hiring?! . And yeah I know it's a long shot but I really need to find a job before I book flights or otherwise I wot be in a financial position to come which won't be great.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:27   #12
God Member

Quote:
Will gift print be hiring?! . And yeah I know it's a long shot but I really need to find a job before I book flights or otherwise I wot be in a financial position to come which won't be great.
I did get your email. When the owner starts getting paid a wage I'll be in a position to hire staff
Old 10-08-2012, 12:04   #13
Junior Member+

Talking Re: Looking for Christmas work

Quote:
I did get your email. When the owner starts getting paid a wage I'll be in a position to hire staff
Oh that's cool I can't come back until November anyway due to studies that's when my university year finishes. Hopefully you will have something available then! But yes like I mentioned in the email without knowing i will have a job ready for when I get there I won't be able to come which is why I'm looking so early. Thanks for all your help!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:16   #14
God Member

Our mainstream news reports that ex pats from Australasia are returning home because job prospects in UK (and Europe) are dire.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 19:11   #15
God Member

Quote:
Oh that's cool I can't come back until November anyway due to studies that's when my university year finishes. Hopefully you will have something available then! But yes like I mentioned in the email without knowing i will have a job ready for when I get there I won't be able to come which is why I'm looking so early. Thanks for all your help!
I think you misunderstood my post. Like many small businesses in the UK we struggle to survive. The fact we are in a dying town makes it ten times harder.

As Margaret says the job market here is dire.

How long have you been away for ? If it's more than a couple of years you are in for a real shock trying to find a job here

Tags
christmas, jobs, work

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..