Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2008, 13:59   #1

Maths Teacher

I need someone who can teach A level and GCSE Maths this Saturday morning 9.30 - 11.30

You will need to be qualified and experienced.You must also have a current CRB check. This is to cover for a valued member of staff who is currently sick.Decent rate of pay for the right person. We work from the centre of Blackburn.

Please message me for more details

Last edited by polly; 25-11-2008 at 14:06.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-11-2008, 18:46   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Maths Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
I need someone who can teach A level and GCSE Maths this Saturday morning 9.30 - 11.30

You will need to be qualified and experienced.You must also have a current CRB check. This is to cover for a valued member of staff who is currently sick.Decent rate of pay for the right person. We work from the centre of Blackburn.

Does he/she need a basic grasp of English Language or does that not matter these day's?

Quote:
Maths Teacheer
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2008, 18:56   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post

A current CRB check wouldn't mean anything in a different setting!!

Gail xxxx

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2008, 20:07   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Does he/she need a basic grasp of English Language or does that not matter these day's?

Sorry I am just human - I can make typing errors just like the rest of the population
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2008, 22:22   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'erindoors View Post
A current CRB check wouldn't mean anything in a different setting!!

Gail xxxx
If the CRB check is current enhanced and for the role of a teacher then it might have more meaning although the bottom line is a CRB check only means somebody hasn't been caught yet
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 07:05   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
If the CRB check is current enhanced and for the role of a teacher then it might have more meaning although the bottom line is a CRB check only means somebody hasn't been caught yet
erm..... thats a bit general lol my crb is clear because i havent done anything wrong, not because i havent been caught.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 09:28   #7

Re: Maths Teacheer

It's not, it's clear because you haven't been caught.

You haven't been caught, because you haven't done anything wrong.

There's only one person on the planet who can truly link an unblemished record to an unblemished conscience. A CRB check is an attempt at reassurance for everyone other than that person.

It's not as pointless as I originally thought: One of the deteriorating basic principles of British justice is "innocent until proven guilty", and a clear CRB indicates just that. The failure of CRBs is that they are often ignored when they shouldn't be.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 09:29   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
erm..... thats a bit general lol my crb is clear because i havent done anything wrong, not because i havent been caught.
I think he means the CRB will come back ok if you have not been caught doing anything.

A paedophile that has never been caught would get a clear CRB. There are a lot more that have never been in trouble with the law than those that have.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:13   #9
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

Does he/she need a basic grasp of of punctuation in order to rip someone else for their lack of spelling ability?
Days does not need an apostrophe.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..