Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2003, 20:35   #1
Caz
God Member

Post Part time/Casual/After School Jobs

Put part-time, casual or after school positions wanted or available in this section.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-08-2003, 18:27   #2

Post Part-time/Casual/After School Jobs

My 15year old son is after a job that he can work around his school hours. Anybody any ideas, or better still know of any but not a paper round.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2003, 18:28   #3

Post Re: Part-time/Casual/After School Jobs

[quote author=sara link=board=edu;num=1062016535;start=0#1 date=08/28/03 at 19:27:14]My 15year old son is after a job that he can work around his school hours. Anybody any ideas, or better still know of any but not a paper round.[/quote]

He's still looking, doing his work experience now in a school and he's loving.  But he really, really wants a job.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 20:49   #4
Junior Member+

Post JOB LOOKER!

hey people i'm 15 years old, in my final year at school, 16 in May, i was wondering if i could get a Weekend Job, i will work up until 6pm latest... but sometimes i will work longer, i will start from anytime too, please let me know if you are interested.
Old 14-11-2003, 07:28   #5
Jo

Post Re: JOB LOOKER!

Most shops take on Saturday staff, and the supermarkets pay well for saturday ansd Sunday staff. If you're going to college anopther good idea is to do tea-times in a chiiopy. I worked at Burnely Rd Chippy through college from 4pm to 6.30pm every night.
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2003, 08:17   #6

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Post Re: JOB LOOKER!

Weekend job going in Stationery Box in Arndale. Saw a notice in window yesterday
Old 25-11-2003, 23:14   #7
Senior Member+

Post SEEN A JOB FOR YOU!!!

Hey, the fruit stall at the back of Accrington Market Hall want a Saturday assistant.   I saw it today i.e. 25th November.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2004, 13:40   #8
Senior Member+

Re: Part time/Casual/After School Jobs

hi i am 14 and wondering does anyone know were i can get a saturday job at but not a paper round
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:12   #9

hi, i'm 15 and i'm wondering if anyone knows if there's any saturday jobs going in accrington or burnley
~kirsty91~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 08:10   #10

Hey im 15 and i really need a part-time job. Does anyone know if there's any going in accrongton?
kwilson91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 16:50   #11

Smile Re: Part time/Casual/After School Jobs

Iyaahhh x

Was Just wondering if their are any after school jobs or weekend jobs ..
not to late thou up until at least 6.30 pm or 7 pm

Please let me know

Thanks

xxxxx
Tinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 17:33   #12

hello,
i'm 15, in the final year at school,
i would be willing to work weekends, and after school, anytimes but 8 at the latest,
please write back,
thanks.
rebekah.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:04   #13
God Member

Those of you under 16 are going to have a really hard time finding work probably due to the fact that most companies can't get insured for staff under 16 and they obviously don't want to take risks with you hurting yourselves or whatever. When you are 14 you do work experience with school because the school takes the responsibility for anything that may happen to you.

What I suggest is that you try the local hairdressers, I remember a lot of girls from school working in them sweeping up hair and making cups of tea. This was before minimum wage for 16yr olds existed though so the girls worked for very small amounts of money, but they enjoyed it and I believe they got discounted hair care, so you might want to just try that!

Obviously this applies the same for lads as well who are looking for jobs. You may feel a bit silly walking into a womens hairdresser and asking but it's worth a try. I'm not sure if barber shops take on people at all but again, you might want to just ask when your getting your own hair done!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 11:57   #14

lookin for a weekend job at call centre or any other job
Vaqas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2008, 20:20   #15

hello
im 15, in last year of school,
and finish next may,
i'll be willing to do any job,
fruit stall,
hair dressing,
dog walking,
babysitting,
anything really,
i enjoy most things.
rebekah.m is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..