Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2009, 19:17   #1
Junior Member+

sitter boy/girl wanted..accrington

I need a sitter to watch a boy of 8.
Need after xmas on wendesday evenings.from.5.15-6.45.
Will pay 10.00 each session.
Start date 4th January.min of 11 weeks.

Dont mind on age as long as they are responsible,and I must be able to check with the parents.
Any previous experience with other children would be prefared,ie..cousins,siblings ect.
there is also a high possibilty that the person will be needed for 1 hour on another night(to be confirmed),would be better if the one person could do both.
please get in touch if interested.
lillywhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-11-2009, 21:03   #2
Senior Member+

Re: sitter boy/girl wanted..accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillywhites View Post

Dont mind on age as long as they are responsible
is it not illegal to leave a child in care of a child regardless of how responsible they may appear to be?
I was always under the assumption that the minimum age was 16?

please do correct me if I am wrong..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 21:16   #3
Junior Member+

i dont need to get into a debate about the age I have my son left with another person,all I wanted was not to generalise on someones age,Of course i wont have a 12/13 yr old watching him,but I wouldnt suppose that they would offer in the first place.
that is why I want to check their age with the prospective sitter witht heir own parents.
Im new to this board today,so please dont have a go at me.
And ive already checked witht he kind lady at the police station on the matter and there is no actual legal age you can leave your child with,if the person is responsible,then its ok,But however if something does happen to your child in the care of a minor(under 18),then it can be deemed ive negleged my duty as a parent to safeguard my child.
Ive hopefully given myself enough time to get a responsible person,as its after xmas I need them.Didnt just want to say a 16yr old if a person of 15/17 would be better suited.
thankyou.
Old 26-11-2009, 08:06   #4
God Member

consider yourself told GG
Old 01-12-2009, 08:43   #5

Have you gat anyone for this? My daughter is 16 and is very good with children.
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:29   #6
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedarbo View Post
Have you gat anyone for this? My daughter is 16 and is very good with children.
Ive sent you a message..x
Old 27-12-2009, 15:03   #7
Junior Member+

this childminder job has now been filled thanks for all people interested.
Old 01-01-2010, 19:34   #8
God Member

From the age of 13/14 I babysat for two families, both with 4 children in the evening, one family with my friend who was related to them. The parents of both sets of kids were responsible on their evenings out and never got too drunk, so that if anything did happen they would be able to return home and deal with the problem.

Never had any problems and it gives young people some responsibility (and a great insight into what it takes to be a parent!) and I think it is only a positive thing. In fact, I still feel too immature to look after children full time and some of my friends are on their second child now. I think it was a great thing for me to do and now I know that it's better to spend my youth getting educated and finding a career first and so on.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 00:00   #9

Heyy, i can see this job has already been taken but if you ever need a babysitter for any reason, just send me a message, ive done a various number of baby sitting jobs with friends etc, and also done 2 weeks in a nursery for my work experience. im very good with children, and would love a job x
im 15 btw + last year off school + live in the accrington area x

ThankYou x
Old 11-06-2011, 19:40   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillywhites View Post
I need a sitter to watch a boy of 8.
Need after xmas on wendesday evenings.from.5.15-6.45.
Will pay 10.00 each session.
Start date 4th January.min of 11 weeks.

Dont mind on age as long as they are responsible,and I must be able to check with the parents.
Any previous experience with other children would be prefared,ie..cousins,siblings ect.
there is also a high possibilty that the person will be needed for 1 hour on another night(to be confirmed),would be better if the one person could do both.
please get in touch if interested.
I am aware this post is very old however if you ever need a babysitter please send me a message as i am a very responsible 14 year old. I attend St.Christopher's High School. I look after my four year old cousin and have done since she was born, I look after her more than twice a week so i have quite a lot of experience. My grandma is a foster career which means i have grown up being around other children and i often babysit them if my grandma wants some time out.
Rachel999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..