Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2011, 14:10   #1

Teaching assitant vacancy needed!!!

Hello All.

I want to be become a teaching assistant & have found a free apprenticeship I can do...

My task now is to find a school to employ me part time/full time and then I can start the apprenticeship on the job.

This is proving very hard work!!

So if any of you lovely public have any suggestions or are teachers/headteachers of a school that may have a vacancy coming up or have any suggestions please get back to me & I would be most grateful.

I have been in touch with the majority of the schools, either via phone email or letter but the receptionists tend to be very dismissive. LCC have told me to just keep trying.

All help is welcome

- Look in the mirror before you start to judge others -
Lancashire Lassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2011, 14:51   #2
God Member

Re: Teaching assitant vacancy needed!!!

Best thing you can do is have a look at the vacancies page on the LCC website, they are always crying out for them
Old 06-04-2011, 15:59   #3
Full Member+

am afraid a lot is who you know , if you get my drift.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 17:21   #4
JCB

I'd pop into the Education Office in the Globe Centre and make enquiries about any courses that may be going .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 17:44   #5
Senior Member+

One of the best things you can do is to actually go into the schools you would like to teach in with a cv and letter of application in hand and ask to speak to the person in charge of hiring teaching assistants. Face to face contact is always better than the phone.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 19:31   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
One of the best things you can do is to actually go into the schools you would like to teach in with a cv and letter of application in hand and ask to speak to the person in charge of hiring teaching assistants. Face to face contact is always better than the phone.
Can we do that these days?

Wouldn't she be asked why, she is hanging around the school gates for no obvious reason?

Last edited by Mick; 07-04-2011 at 05:10.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:43   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post

Sparkie

Sorry - but it's not the best advice!

Drop a line or call your local school to see if they require any volunteers as this will give you an insight into the work of a TA and also you mauy see how different schools operate

In applying for posts if you can show that you've actually worked in a school albeit as a volunteer this will assist you

The Globe Centre will not be able to assist with your enquiry as HR is based in Preston however contact Kate Armstrong in the Recruitment and Retention Team via the County Hall switchboard she will assist with possible courses

As for the LCC website there are TA posts advertised but there are not lots of them when you consider the website has 600+ schools. These posts are in heavy demand being term time only

Similarly a lot of posts never get to advert as schools are faced with losing staff will try and protect their current staff who may be faced with losing hours etc

hope this helps and good luck
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:57   #8
Resting in Peace

Think there's a school in Darwen a bit short of staff at the moment
Old 07-04-2011, 11:38   #9

Hi all thanks for your responses.

I have been in touch some way or another with most schools in the area.

LCC vacancies only take on if you actually already have your TA1/2/3.

Same with the teaching agency hence me having to find the position myself.

Although I am keeping an eye and applying to those that do advertise cause you never know!!

I know a TA and she has told me also to get suited and booted with my cv & covering letter and go in to the local schools.

I am going to this when I can manage to get a day off mon to fri.

Also the same with volentary work - i dont have any time working 45 hours a week as i do including mon - fri which is when the schools are open. I am thinking about gaining some exp on a saturday morning volenteering in a nursery youth club etc.

- Look in the mirror before you start to judge others -
Lancashire Lassie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..