Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2012, 15:27   #211
Senior Member+

Re: 3D Panoramic Pics

Take a look at that screenie.

I just booted up ubuntu. Loaded accyweb. Come to this thread and viewed around 10 pics

around 500KB of that is used loading the main page and then loading this thread the rest is me clicking your pics and each one of those blue spikes is when I clicked on a picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot from 2012-07-29 16:24:37.jpg (87.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 29-07-2012, 19:50   #212
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Take a look at that screenie.

I just booted up ubuntu. Loaded accyweb. Come to this thread and viewed around 10 pics

around 500KB of that is used loading the main page and then loading this thread the rest is me clicking your pics and each one of those blue spikes is when I clicked on a picture
But it says you are receiving data not downloading it, when you view a photo you are doing just that, you dont download it, you use up bandwidth to see it. As I see it, its this, storage is the amount of space on the server required to keep each item, bandwidth is the space available to view the stored image, the more bandwidth the more people can see it. That is the reason the site slows down sometimes, too many people trying to read what is on the server.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 20:29   #213
Senior Member+

Whether you display it in a browser or download the file to keep you are still downloading the picture. When ever you read a webpage you are downloading.

The accyweb server will have a bandwidth limit and a serverspace limit.
Old 30-07-2012, 09:36   #214
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Whether you display it in a browser or download the file to keep you are still downloading the picture. When ever you read a webpage you are downloading.

The accyweb server will have a bandwidth limit and a serverspace limit.
the limit is detemined by the amount they can afford.
Old 30-07-2012, 18:37   #215
Senior Member+

N
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Hurrah for geeky nerdiness Rob - someone's got to do it!!

You assume above that each pic is 512kb - the ones I posted yesterday were all less than 100kb each which I think is adequate. Easy enough to get down to if you resize.
Theorizing that if they was 512kb. 1MB is 1024 not 1000 1GB is 1024MB. It makes the theory easier to calculate in nerd

Quote:
He needs something to keep him out of mischief otherwise he'll just go round terrorising all those fluffy furry things with his camera...
too late i just took some
Old 30-07-2012, 20:20   #216
Senior Member+

For xaccy http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/n...te=1&p=1005979 this link will take you to the message box that you type the message in on the panoramic thread.

you will notice this area is grey, don't go outside this area, follow the top line across, it starts with a double A. then says Verdana. then 2. then A. then a smiley icon. then the paperclip, click on this. It will bring a box up that say manage attachments click on the top browse option, it then brings up a window that is looking for the photo, best place to put it is on the desktop, choose desktop then click on the picture and choose the open button, it then puts the picture ready for uploading. Click on the upload option and wait while it uploads, when done click the submit reply button, and the picture is then posted along with your comments.

It sounds complicated but having done it once, a second time will be a breeze.

dave mac
Old 30-07-2012, 20:29   #217
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
For xaccy http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/n...te=1&p=1005979 this link will take you to the message box that you type the message in on the panoramic thread.

you will notice this area is grey, don't go outside this area, follow the top line across, it starts with a double A. then says Verdana. then 2. then A. then a smiley icon. then the paperclip, click on this. It will bring a box up that say manage attachments click on the top browse option, it then brings up a window that is looking for the photo, best place to put it is on the desktop, choose desktop then click on the picture and choose the open button, it then puts the picture ready for uploading. Click on the upload option and wait while it uploads, when done click the submit reply button, and the picture is then posted along with your comments.

It sounds complicated but having done it once, a second time will be a breeze.

dave mac
I always upload straight from my Pictures file.
Old 30-07-2012, 20:31   #218
Senior Member+

Quote:
So do I
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 20:40   #219
Senior Member+

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
So do I
I'm not saying my way is the only way, but it is the way I can do without thinking about it. do you both insert your pictures in the text box or do you upload them separately
Old 30-07-2012, 20:44   #220
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I'm not saying my way is the only way, but it is the way I can do without thinking about it. do you both insert your pictures in the text box or do you upload them separately
When I get to browse in your instructions above, click on that and takes me to my pictures file, double click on the picture I want and it goes straight into the first slot available in the manage attachments box. Repeat for each picture.
Old 30-07-2012, 20:45   #221
Senior Member+

Quote:
When I get to browse in your instructions above, click on that and takes me to my pictures file, double click on the picture I want and it goes straight into the first slot available in the manage attachments box. Repeat for each picture.
Snap
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 20:52   #222
Senior Member+

Quote:
Is that not what I was explaining, my instructions are not very clear if you dont understand, I was explaining for xaccy who had not uploaded a picture before, and rather than a double click it was one click on the photo and then the open option , I suppose the end result is the same, you double click on the picture, my way is one click on the picture then one click on the open option. The total number of clicks remains the same.
Old 30-07-2012, 21:29   #223
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Is that not what I was explaining, my instructions are not very clear if you dont understand, I was explaining for xaccy who had not uploaded a picture before, and rather than a double click it was one click on the photo and then the open option , I suppose the end result is the same, you double click on the picture, my way is one click on the picture then one click on the open option. The total number of clicks remains the same.
But you mentioned desktop, don't understand how that fits in. Apart from that yes it's the same, sometimes a one click on the picture and then open is what I do too instead of the double click.
Old 30-07-2012, 22:44   #224
Senior Member+

Quote:
But you mentioned desktop, don't understand how that fits in. Apart from that yes it's the same, sometimes a one click on the picture and then open is what I do too instead of the double click.
I tend to put singular photos on my desktop they are easier to find, its just my way,then when used, put away in a folder on my external hard drive, if they are in a folder you have to find the folder then open the folder then choose the picture.
Old 30-07-2012, 22:47   #225
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I tend to put singular photos on my desktop they are easier to find, its just my way,then when used, put away in a folder on my external hard drive, if they are in a folder you have to find the folder then open the folder then choose the picture.
Yes I see where you're coming from now.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..