Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 10:06   #46
Resting In Peace

Re: 3D Panoramic Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I cant match the exotic locations of late, but here are my set for the day;

1. Leeds Liverpool, left, Riley's swing bridge, right, Clayton.
The rest chart Hyndburn Brook as it travels through Dunkenhalgh land from the edge of Church, toward the edge of Rishton
I see the swan's giving your Bob a wide berth! Love to know what sort of dog he is - not easy to make out from the photo!
Old 07-05-2012, 12:05   #47
God Member

Quote:
I cant match the exotic locations of late, but here are my set for the day;

1. Leeds Liverpool, left, Riley's swing bridge, right, Clayton.
The rest chart Hyndburn Brook as it travels through Dunkenhalgh land from the edge of Church, toward the edge of Rishton
That's where i used to play out as a girl Dave. Down past Jackson's farm and to the bunkers and swing bridge! Didn't know it was Riley's swing bridge -that's a useful detail to me for a story I'm writing Thanks!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:08   #48
God Member

Of the second set of "Restless" photos -i love number five looking back along the railings towards the tower. Was there a few weeks ago to see where my Gt Grandmother ran a guest house in WW1 -it's still there, parallel to the promenade just about opposite Central pier!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 07-05-2012, 12:09   #49
God Member

From all DiG's photos I would really love to go back to Scotland -have never visited the islands -only Edinburgh and a place on the Clyde.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 07-05-2012, 12:53   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
That's where i used to play out as a girl Dave. Down past Jackson's farm and to the bunkers and swing bridge! Didn't know it was Riley's swing bridge -that's a useful detail to me for a story I'm writing Thanks!
Attached is a picture of the Swing bridge, please use if you want, if you require photos around the area let me know. Not much left of the bunkers as I can see from the towpath, just mounds of grassed areas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1839.JPG (410.3 KB, 9 views)
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:59   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I see the swan's giving your Bob a wide berth! Love to know what sort of dog he is - not easy to make out from the photo!
Usually its the other way around, they try to give him a peck on the hooter.
He's a cockerpoo, cocker spaniel, poodle cross, lovely temperament.

He's usually cocker but mostly poo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN04580059.JPG (414.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 07-05-2012, 13:06   #52
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Usually its the other way around, they try to give him a peck on the hooter.
He's a cockerpoo, cocker spaniel, poodle cross, lovely temperament.

He's usually cocker but mostly poo
Aww I want him! Make a lovely hearthrug!

I could see he was part poodle, wasn't sure about the other bit(s).
Old 07-05-2012, 13:12   #53
God Member

Quote:
Attached is a picture of the Swing bridge, please use if you want, if you require photos around the area let me know. Not much left of the bunkers as I can see from the towpath, just mounds of grassed areas.
Nice picture - thanks. Walked down there the time but last I was over -took a sandwich and a drink to eat on a drizzly day and it was so disappointing and dismal. It seemed magical as a place when we were kids. We used to spend hours playing out, making dens, picking wild-flowers etc. I grew up nearby on Cranbourne Drive and my Grandad used to play there many years before as he grew up on Rock Mount (Whalley Road).

I expect the bunkers would be dangerous now. I seem to remember one summer when the canal was really low that you could see the foundations of some buildings under the water near the bridge...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 07-05-2012, 15:16   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Nice picture - thanks. Walked down there the time but last I was over -took a sandwich and a drink to eat on a drizzly day and it was so disappointing and dismal. It seemed magical as a place when we were kids. We used to spend hours playing out, making dens, picking wild-flowers etc. I grew up nearby on Cranbourne Drive and my Grandad used to play there many years before as he grew up on Rock Mount (Whalley Road).

I expect the bunkers would be dangerous now. I seem to remember one summer when the canal was really low that you could see the foundations of some buildings under the water near the bridge...
I know what you mean, I recently walked around priestly clough, a place I used to spend more time in than at home. It was smaller, dirtier, and very disappointing. The buildings had gone, the reservoir filled in, and footpaths were no longer tarmac.
Thats what happens if you look for the places you knew.
Old 07-05-2012, 15:39   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Aww I want him! Make a lovely hearthrug!

I could see he was part poodle, wasn't sure about the other bit(s).
I'l tell him what you said, hes a bit of a camera tart, this was him this afternoon, Pendelton moor in the background.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2429.JPG (402.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 07-05-2012, 15:48   #56
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I'l tell him what you said, hes a bit of a camera tart, this was him this afternoon, Pendelton moor in the background.
What a poser!
Old 07-05-2012, 15:59   #57
Senior Member+

todays panaramics;
1.Left to right, Leeds Liverpool, in the distance Longridge Fell, to Pendleton Moor, then to Pendle Hill, and then Burnley Road to finish.
2. Moorfield Colliery memorial.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2438.JPG (398.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2442.JPG (476.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 07-05-2012, 16:56   #58
Beacon of light

Quote:
I know what you mean, I recently walked around priestly clough, a place I used to spend more time in than at home. It was smaller, dirtier, and very disappointing. The buildings had gone, the reservoir filled in, and footpaths were no longer tarmac.
Thats what happens if you look for the places you knew.
Priestley Clough was my childhood playground too.....it was almost our backyard. We lived on Riley's Hill.(and Ma still does)
And yes you are right, it now looks very small and dejected...down at heel. Not the place where we fought indians, where we rescued adventurers from the cannibals, not the place where we wrestled man eating tigers.
We used to have expeditions up to the five arches.....rations were a penny hovis loaf and a bottle of spanish water.

What fine times we had.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 17:03   #59
Beacon of light

I'm really lagging behind here.......I have never tried to take panoramic shots.
Hmmm, must think about trying it when I am next on top of the Orme.
Some brilliant pictures on this thread. I'm quite envious.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 19:17   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Priestley Clough was my childhood playground too.....it was almost our backyard. We lived on Riley's Hill.(and Ma still does)
And yes you are right, it now looks very small and dejected...down at heel. Not the place where we fought indians, where we rescued adventurers from the cannibals, not the place where we wrestled man eating tigers.
We used to have expeditions up to the five arches.....rations were a penny hovis loaf and a bottle of spanish water.

What fine times we had.
Just to top off the disappointment, five arches went donkeys years ago, and there is no trace of the pill box close to the donkey steps. I used to squeeze through one of the gun slits to play inside, I get a cold sweat when I remember that now.( I struggle to squeeze through a door frame now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I'm really lagging behind here.......I have never tried to take panoramic shots.
Hmmm, must think about trying it when I am next on top of the Orme.
Some brilliant pictures on this thread. I'm quite envious.
You must give it a go, the first panaramic shots I did are on this thread. It was the same for me, I saw some restless had done, and thought I have a doo dah on my camera for that, I gave it a bash and after a few for the delete button, the worlds my lobster.

You dont have to be in exotic locations either, I await in anticipation.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..