Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

susie123 04-06-2012 21:57

Re: Today in pictures

2 Attachment(s)
Hot off the press - just been up to our attic storey which gives a good view over to Lancaster to see if there was any sign of the beacon at Lancaster Castle. Couldn't see any bonfire but nature's own beacon was in good view.

Restless 04-06-2012 22:14

Where is picture 5 taken? I need to go there an take a pic

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 995891)
Part 1.
5. Over the bridge and through a field.

susie123 04-06-2012 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 995905)
Today in flowers, the continuing story of flora and fauna

9. Not sure of this, its often called mayflower but don't know for sure.

Yep, I know it as Lady's Smock

Cuckooflower | Biodiversity | TCV Northern Ireland

cashman 04-06-2012 22:35

Some good pics on here, "BUT" All this walking is leaving me knackered.:D

davemac 05-06-2012 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 995918)
Where is picture 5 taken? I need to go there an take a pic

Starting with picture 1. this is the traffic lights by the Funeral Parlour, C.L.Moors.
2. Is looking from the motorway bridge towards Burnley, you can see the bridge. 5.This is the bridge in picture 2. and Picture 7. is the view you get from the bridge towards Altham industrial estate.
Hope that didn't confuse, it did me.

davemac 05-06-2012 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 995925)
Some good pics on here, "BUT" All this walking is leaving me knackered.:D

We get out there, so you dont have to. sit back and enjoy

davemac 05-06-2012 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 995920)

I did try looking it up, but couldn't find it, looks like I have to get a pocket guide to wild flowers. Thanks for the heads up.

MargaretR 05-06-2012 11:05

I am not capable of walking for pleasure, and in the past when I was capable, I was too busy earning a living and running a home.

So I really appreciate these views of our area which I have never seen, nor am likely to ever see in person.

Margaret Pilkington 05-06-2012 11:54

I am going to get one of these fuji EXR cameras...... it seems to take you to some very pretty places Dave.

Margaret Pilkington 05-06-2012 11:57

Margaret, some of the views are instantly recognisable, but the indiviuality of the snaps and the perspective from which they are taken lends a 'new eye' to them.
Many of the places that Dave visits are very close to where I live....he makes the place look really picturesque.

susie123 05-06-2012 12:08

4 Attachment(s)
Today began early for me... I took these pictures at 4.30am looking north through our loo window. Red sky in the morning... I'm still waiting for the rain.

susie123 05-06-2012 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 996000)
I did try looking it up, but couldn't find it, looks like I have to get a pocket guide to wild flowers. Thanks for the heads up.

Although my mum was born and raised in London she knew a lot about wild flowers. Sunday afternoons we would go out in the car and then go for a walk. A favourite spot was what we used to call little York near Rishton. We'd look for wimberries in season and pick wild flowers and mum always knew their names. Lady's smock was one of her favourites.

Looking at your pics, there are lots of dog roses - they're still in tight bud here and the two elder trees in the back lane only have a couple of flowers out. Has Clayton moved nearer the tropics?

Margaret Pilkington 05-06-2012 15:38

Well, it happened......our paths crossed.
There was I coming back from a long hike......when across Blackburn Road I spotted Bob......and Davemac. They were just setting out on their trek.
He pointed at me and said 'Mrs P?' I nodded and he came across the road and we had a little chat. Dave, now you know I'm not a figment of your imagination.
Good to meet you both.
Pics will follow later when the camera battery is recharged.

susie123 05-06-2012 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 996055)
Well, it happened......our paths crossed.
There was I coming back from a long hike......when across Blackburn Road I spotted Bob......and Davemac. They were just setting out on their trek.
He pointed at me and said 'Mrs P?' I nodded and he came across the road and we had a little chat. Dave, now you know I'm not a figment of your imagination.
Good to meet you both.
Pics will follow later when the camera battery is recharged.

Did you claim your ten bob? and was Dave on a lead? :rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 05-06-2012 16:39

Yes, Bob had Dave firmly under control.....and No...I didn't claim my ten bob....I forgot to take my copy of the Daily Mirror.