Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

DaveinGermany 28-08-2022 07:35

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1268292)
Love the little red squirrel…we only have the dirty looking grey ones near us.

I think he comes into the estate from the pine woods not far from here, there's always free scoff put out, him, the Hedgies & birds don't do badly out of me. :)

taddy 29-08-2022 08:53

That looks like a decent pint in the front of the Family get together picture Dave, it even has the remnants of a "head" on it. Nice Photo's.

DaveinGermany 29-08-2022 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1268320)
That looks like a decent pint in the front of the Family get together picture Dave, it even has the remnants of a "head" on it. Nice Photo's.

It was Draught Bass Tads, best option they had on offer, I even had to get behind the bar to get their system working or it was Becks (produced for the UK market, I don't even drink it here! :rolleyes:). That said though, they did give me a free pint for my efforts. :D

Incidentally the folk around the table from L to R are Auntie Rose (my Dads Sister), Auntie Joan & Uncle Derek (My Godfather) & my Dad.

DaveinGermany 01-10-2022 08:38

9 Attachment(s)
Not been anywhere "exotic" so the following are some random "local" snaps. :)

Local livestock in our garden (x3) - Luftwaffe "Eurofighter" - old "Innerdeutsche Grenze" Todes zone", West side, East side, local wander route (x4) - Wild Hops.

shillelagh 25-10-2022 01:20

10 Attachment(s)
as i was in town seeing off the spugster on his train journey home and i had to go up over the bridge back over the railway line ... and i had my camera with me ...:D autumn colours from the footbridge at the railway station

shillelagh 29-11-2022 22:29

10 Attachment(s)
accrington today looking a bit christmassy ... is the christmas tree outside the town hall wonky? the market hall has its christmas tree too .. and well you can tell its christmas when the crib is outside the market hall .. :D

taddy 30-11-2022 09:14

Will someone put a romper suit on that youngster in the crib, he must be frozen.

Margaret Pilkington 30-11-2022 14:15

The tree in the Arndale looks like it was done by Braille….it is horrible.
Whoever did it has no style and even less taste.

shillelagh 02-03-2023 02:06

4 Attachment(s)
some daffs for st davids day .. i did take em yesterday ..:D

Margaret Pilkington 02-03-2023 08:03

These pictures tell us that spring is round the corner…but don’t put your vests away too soon.

taddy 02-03-2023 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1271337)
These pictures tell us that spring is round the corner…but don’t put your vests away too soon.

Marge you could not be more right, many years ago a farmer friend of mine asked if I could help him find some cattle of that he had lost on land on top of the coppice in snow drifts, we did find them and they were not lost they had merely laid down behind drystone walls and were covered by the drifts, the reason I am mentioning this is because it was the last week in MAY. When I mention it to some of todays younger generation, I.E. under forty or so, they tend to think that I am having a giraffe.

Margaret Pilkington 02-03-2023 13:20

Nope, I too can remember having snow in late May…in fact I think I remember it snowing in June.
Ok it did not last long, but it was enough to cover the grass, but not enough to sledge on.
Back then, I enjoyed snow.
Now I hate the ruddy stuff.

taddy 02-03-2023 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1271341)
Nope, I too can remember having snow in late May…in fact I think I remember it snowing in June.
Ok it did not last long, but it was enough to cover the grass, but not enough to sledge on.
Back then, I enjoyed snow.
Now I hate the ruddy stuff.

Oh dear and here's me thinking that ruddy is a reddish colour, I have never seen ruddy/reddish snow.:D

Margaret Pilkington 02-03-2023 15:53

Ruddy can be used as a mild expletive Taddy…in place of a similar sounding word, gory in nature and beginning with B

shillelagh 04-03-2023 18:02

7 Attachment(s)
the crocus are out ... and the daffs are well on their way though one is open in the bed of crocuses ..:D