Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

davemac 26-05-2012 16:32

Today in pictures

8 Attachment(s)
Today in pictures is just a short snapshot of my day, your day, if you are able. Not every day but randomly.

Just a few random pictures either throughout the day, or a short walk, or any event that you are undertaking.

My day starts with "walkies" I think that will be most of my contributions but will try to vary it a bit.

1. Leaving Mercer Park, Rishton Road.
2. Its a horse.
3. Bob, don't know why he is licking his lips but there appears to be one less horse.
4. Bob, just nosing about.
5. Looking towards Pendelton Moor, building in the center" ish" is the shooting range.
6. Looking back at the field I just left.
7. Looks like a wedding taking place at the "Dunk".
8. Same picture without the zoom.

susie123 26-05-2012 16:45

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 994136)
Today in pictures is just a short snapshot of my day, your day, if you are able. Not every day but randomly.

Just a few random pictures either throughout the day, or a short walk, or any event that you are undertaking.

Nice one Dave, perhaps you could find a way of reminding me to take my camera when I go out?

PS I want that dog! I've heard of eating like a horse but actually eating a horse - were not en France you know! Good job I don't live locally or I would have attempted dognapping by now.

davemac 26-05-2012 16:58

3 Attachment(s)
These were yesterdays contribution, I think his tongue must be heavy as its always hanging out.

jaysay 26-05-2012 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 994138)
Nice one Dave, perhaps you could find a way of reminding me to take my camera when I go out?

PS I want that dog! I've heard of eating like a horse but actually eating a horse - were not en France you know! Good job I don't live locally or I would have attempted dognapping by now.

Susie all discerning AccyWebers have a camera when they go out, I remember the first time I saw Mick he had one in his top pocket:D

susie123 26-05-2012 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 994139)
These were yesterdays contribution, I think his tongue must be heavy as its always hanging out.

I see you've put him on a pedestal! Actually the reason his tongue is hanging out is that he's anticipating that horse he's going to eat today!

davemac 26-05-2012 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 994143)
I see you've put him on a pedestal!

He's just a poser, he likes to look off into the distance to get his best side.

If you have a compact camera its easy to keep it in your pocket, and yes Jay, it is in my top pocket as well.

Keeping them stored can be a problem as sometimes I return with hundreds, a lot are rubbish as I try it without my reading glasses on and let the auto sort it, but they still have to be gone through

Restless 27-05-2012 06:29

9 Attachment(s)
Ok sounds like fun...

Yesterday in pictures (part 1)

1-3 Walking to work. Pics of Accrington Stanley.
4-8 Walking home from work along canal.

4 Me & A Horse(how strange me and dave took pics of horses in diff places)
5 A Horse(the same horse)
6 A Cow
7-8 Views from Jackson's

9 The Clones are now sneaking around the wastelands between schools(queens road west)

Restless 27-05-2012 06:42

7 Attachment(s)
Part 2

Taken up The Coppice in the Evening

1 My friend Mark
2 I had an idea of passing the camera in middle of the panoramic shot(manual mode) ( i decided to copy mark's pose)
3 Mark looking at the view
4 Mark's first try at a panoramic picture
5 He did better the second time despite getting his fingers in the pic
6 Lake/Pond
7 On a hot sunny day-- Always come prepared with beers and food

Restless 27-05-2012 07:01

Part 3

Pics that wouldn't upload due to size restrictions

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...b/DSCF0117.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...b/DSCF0106.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...b/DSCF0103.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...b/DSCF0099.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...b/DSCF0098.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...b/DSCF0096.jpg

susie123 27-05-2012 09:59

Great pics Rob, love the one of you and Mark in the panorama!

Really looks as though that horse is trying to tell you something but don't quite know what!

susie123 27-05-2012 13:03

5 Attachment(s)
Well yesterday afternoon I finally dug out my camera having not used it for a while. You see gents we ladies don't have many pockets to keep them in, certainly not a top pocket, so the camera tends to get forgotten about.

Anyway yesterday I did a bit of potting/pottering in the garden. I'm not fit enough at the moment to do more than a bit of potting up and a few hanging baskets. The rest has been untouched since last year which is frustrating as gardening is my normal leisure activity.

The photos are from an upstairs window, two floors up (our house has four storeys). The angles may be a bit odd as I was trying to avoid getting the open window frame in shot.

The first two pics are my veg garden - you will see the rhubarb. No veg, but a profusion of colourful wild flowers and self-seeded flowers. Looks lovely now till the flowers die. and the scent is amazing from the wallflowers. Next two pics of other parts of he garden - again untouched since last year. I'm qute pleased it all looks so pretty with no input from me.

Finally from the same window a view down to the sea. The houses either side of the gap are on the prom, which the side of our house faces. This pic was taken from the back of the house facing sideways if you see what I mean. Through the gap you can see the sea and on the other side of the bay, Grange over Sands and the Lake District hills in the background.

Restless 27-05-2012 13:08

Il tell you this much. Where we are standing is around the spot where I first saw the fire extinguisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 994297)
Great pics Rob, love the one of you and Mark in the panorama!

Really looks as though that horse is trying to tell you something but don't quite know what!

Margaret Pilkington 27-05-2012 13:48

I take my little camera in my voluminous handbag(more like a portmanteau really)....when I take it I don't see anything much worth sanpping...if I leave it at home then opportunities abound....the perversity of life eh!

I have just bough Miss Bossy Drawers a pink point and shoot camera for her 7th birthday which is about 10 days away........she is really keen to have a 'grown up' camera, and is looking forward to taking pics when we go away on holiday later in the year....Llandudno again!

Restless 27-05-2012 13:58

wow susie. you;

1) live close to the sea
and
2) don't use that opportunity to go to the beach and take pics of sunset horizons over the beach and sea ?

tut tut tut

susie123 27-05-2012 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 994322)
wow susie. you;

1) live close to the sea
and
2) don't use that opportunity to go to the beach and take pics of sunset horizons over the beach and sea ?

tut tut tut

I've taken sunset pictures in the past Rob, never turned out as good as the reality. By the time I've found the camera the colours are usually fading.

mobertol 27-05-2012 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 994136)

My day starts with "walkies" I think that will be most of my contributions but will try to vary it a bit.

1. Leaving Mercer Park, Rishton Road.

What is the guy in the pink t-shirt, crouched down on the left of pic 1 doing?

I vote he's cleaning his teeth!:D:eek::D

cashman 27-05-2012 17:14

Have the clones infiltrated the beach yet or what?

davemac 27-05-2012 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 994346)
What is the guy in the pink t-shirt, crouched down on the left of pic 1 doing?

I vote he's cleaning his teeth!:D:eek::D

I didn't notice him until I got home and put the piccys on my computer, I think his wife washed him and put him out to dry.
Thanks to everyone for having a go, just working on todays offering will post shortly.

davemac 27-05-2012 18:53

10 Attachment(s)
Todays offering. Part 1.
1. Over the bridge Blackburn Road, and onto the canal
2. Second bridge, Whalley Road, under and away.
3. View of Nab from canal.
4. Third bridge Burnley Road.
5. Bob running in slow motion through the buttercups.
6. Cygnets close to Altham marina.
7. Fosters swing bridge, with Manchester's water supply in the background, and a left turn here.
8. Down the lane to the main road (Burnley).
9. View of Pendle from the lane.
10. Up Burnley Road to-wards Clayton, past Moorfield Memorial

davemac 27-05-2012 18:56

3 Attachment(s)
Todays offering. part 2.
11. Moorfield memorial.
12. Down the hill on the way home.
13. Last bit then home.

Done.

davemac 27-05-2012 19:58

8 Attachment(s)
Same theme "Today" but in floral form.
1. Grass
2. Wild Garlic.
3. Hawthorn.
4. Clover.
5. Dandelion clock.
6. Rape, escaped from a field and growing on canal.
7. Mountain Ash.
8. Horse Chestnut.

susie123 27-05-2012 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 994398)
Same theme "Today" but in floral form.
1. Grass
2. Wild Garlic.
3. Hawthorn.
4. Clover.
5. Dandelion clock.
6. Rape, escaped from a field and growing on canal.
7. Mountain Ash.
8. Horse Chestnut.

Naah... you got them from a seed catalogue... :p

Absolutely stunning!

Margaret Pilkington 27-05-2012 20:26

They are indeed lovely pics.......the sunshine helps though doesn't it?
I mean the Canal at Clayton isn't a particularly attractive spot, but some of the pictures make it look so...the hot blue skies over the Bridge by the Con club.. picture postcard quality.

davemac 27-05-2012 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 994410)
They are indeed lovely pics.......the sunshine helps though doesn't it?
I mean the Canal at Clayton isn't a particularly attractive spot, but some of the pictures make it look so...the hot blue skies over the Bridge by the Con club.. picture postcard quality.

I have to say the camera does all the work I just point it and the EXR setting does all the rest.

Margaret Pilkington 28-05-2012 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 994418)
I have to say the camera does all the work I just point it and the EXR setting does all the rest.

The camera didn't choose the subject or frame the shot...you did that.
By the way what sort of camera was used for these shots?

mobertol 28-05-2012 08:21

Lovely photos again Dave - nice to see places i know so well and in glorious sunshine. Hope the good weather keeps up for you all -it does make such a difference:)

davemac 28-05-2012 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 994449)
The camera didn't choose the subject or frame the shot...you did that.
By the way what sort of camera was used for these shots?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 994464)
Lovely photos again Dave - nice to see places i know so well and in glorious sunshine. Hope the good weather keeps up for you all -it does make such a difference:)

Mrs.P. thanks, the camera is a Fujifilm F500 EXR. 16 mega pixel 15x zoom.

Mobes, again thanks, any places you would specifically like to see? Your day will be interesting when it arrives!

Margaret Pilkington 28-05-2012 10:17

thanks for the info.......I have an old Fuji camera....a lot more bulky than that little babe, but I also have a little Nikon P50...that is the one I carry around in my bag......not as many pixels and not as much Zoom in my P50

maxthecollie 28-05-2012 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 994513)
thanks for the info.......I have an old Fuji camera....a lot more bulky than that little babe, but I also have a little Nikon P50...that is the one I carry around in my bag......not as many pixels and not as much Zoom in my P50

You never know when you will need a zoom

maxthecollie 28-05-2012 14:12

9 Attachment(s)
Attachment 20081

Attachment 20082

Attachment 20083

Attachment 20084

Attachment 20085

Attachment 20086

Attachment 20087

Attachment 20088

Attachment 20089 Here are some pics taken today wlaking around le Entwistle Res Today and a couple of the bird nesting box in our neighbours yard

maxthecollie 28-05-2012 14:19

6 Attachment(s)
Attachment 20090

Attachment 20091

Attachment 20092

Attachment 20093

Attachment 20094

Attachment 20095 Pics I took yesterday on the Ribble Way with Max

mobertol 28-05-2012 14:43

10 Attachment(s)
Today's bike ride in photos: Went to the Trecchi Castle wich gives our village it's name (14th C), a few shots round there of the lovely veg patch they have, Chamonille in the woods behind the castle and the latest high-tech bio-digester they have on their farm. Also figs on a tree (remeniscent of Dave's peccadillos I thought!);):D
Down past Il Carobbio restaurant (excellent + does B&B) the plant with red flowers is a pomegranate. On to the old mill (wheel inside) and back along the canal.:)

mobertol 28-05-2012 14:55

9 Attachment(s)
Final leg of 3 km along the canal -didn't see a soul until Bruno -one of our tractor driver's out muck-spreading!:eek: Spoilt the lovely smell from the elderberry and camomile... A selection of lovely flowers to be seen and the final curve in the canal showing the red roofs of the little hamlet (Livrasco) which I live just beyond. Tried to capture a bumble bee on the wild geraniums -hope it's in focus -more or less!:D

Final flower is an addition -the best pic I've ever taken of a flower -it's a Passion Flower taken on Lake Garda 2 yrs ago -if you look carefully there's a bee on it.

mobertol 28-05-2012 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 994559)

Nice photos -we have 4 Border Collies on the farm here -all daft as brushes -they do love water don't they -even dirty puddles and streams!:D

maxthecollie 28-05-2012 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 994568)
Nice photos -we have 4 Border Collies on the farm here -all daft as brushes -they do love water don't they -even dirty puddles and streams!:D

He won't swim only go up tp his shoulders

hassy rvr 28-05-2012 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 994559)

Great pics I wouldn,t know where to start puttin photo,s on.:rolleyes:

davemac 28-05-2012 19:28

10 Attachment(s)
Thanks to all the people who have posted, most impressive from all.

Here is my contribution for today.
1. Start point, canal.
2. Down Checkers.
3. A ginnel off Hygiene.
4. Looking back down Hygiene.
5. The new Garden in Mercer is close to completion.
6. Primulas.
7. The youth shelter is under refurbishment.
8. Laburnums are out.
9. War Memorial, Mercer Park.
10. All Saints Church on way out.

hassy rvr, if you want help to upload photos send me a pm, and we will go through it.

susie123 28-05-2012 19:41

Dave, this has to stop, you're almost making me wish that I lived in Clayton - well when it's sunny anyway!

BTW I've often wondered why that street is called Hygiene - any ideas?

Restless 28-05-2012 19:57

One is called Chequers and the opposite is called Hygiene. Its Clayton for you ( weird lol)

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 994602)
Dave, this has to stop, you're almost making me wish that I lived in Clayton - well when it's sunny anyway!

davemac 28-05-2012 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 994602)

You got me there, but right opposite on the other side of the canal is the former site of Dr. Lovelace's floating soap, just to add confusion.

To add to the mix there are "top enders" and "bottom enders", and I cant answer that either.
Will pass that lot over to historians.

susie123 28-05-2012 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 994614)
You got me there, but right opposite on the other side of the canal is the former site of Dr. Lovelace's floating soap, just to add confusion.

To add to the mix there are "top enders" and "bottom enders", and I cant answer that either.
Will pass that lot over to historians.

I thought that the top and bottom enders depended on which side of the Load of Mischief you lived. Eric should be able to help on that one.

davemac 28-05-2012 21:28

4 Attachment(s)
Todays outtake photos, the ones that didn't make the mix.

1. Are you sure it was a shark?
2. I thought this a bit bland, until I noticed a wet dribble on the path leading straight to me, what can I say, forgot my Tenna Lady.
3. Thought this looked OK until I noticed the rubbish bursting out of the bin.
4.There was Daddy plantain,Mummy plantain, and Baby plantain, (thats a horticultural one)

davemac 28-05-2012 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 994618)
I thought that the top and bottom enders depended on which side of the Load of Mischief you lived. Eric should be able to help on that one.

Its accepted locally that its the Con club on Whalley Road, below it bottom, above top. I will however accept other reasons for locations.

susie123 28-05-2012 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 994619)
Todays outtake photos, the ones that didn't make the mix.

1. Are you sure it was a shark?
2. I thought this a bit bland, until I noticed a wet dribble on the path leading straight to me, what can I say, forgot my Tenna Lady.
3. Thought this looked OK until I noticed the rubbish bursting out of the bin.
4.There was Daddy plantain,Mummy plantain, and Baby plantain, (thats a horticultural one)

He he love the Plantain family, there coud be a whole soap opera in there...

hassy rvr 28-05-2012 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 994599)
Thanks to all the people who have posted, most impressive from all.

Here is my contribution for today.
1. Start point, canal.
2. Down Checkers.
3. A ginnel off Hygiene.
4. Looking back down Hygiene.
5. The new Garden in Mercer is close to completion.
6. Primulas.
7. The youth shelter is under refurbishment.
8. Laburnums are out.
9. War Memorial, Mercer Park.
10. All Saints Church on way out.

hassy rvr, if you want help to upload photos send me a pm, and we will go through it.

Thanks for that Dave I love looking at pics and these are brill. :)

Margaret Pilkington 28-05-2012 21:53

Dave you should be producing tourist information Brochures........you make Clayton look like a place worth visiting......it looks positively beautiful.

davemac 28-05-2012 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by hassy rvr (Post 994627)
Thanks for that Dave I love looking at pics and these are brill. :)

Any chance you could have a go?

davemac 28-05-2012 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 994628)
Dave you should be producing tourist information Brochures........you make Clayton look like a place worth visiting......it looks positively beautiful.

It looks that good, I might move there myself.

Margaret Pilkington 29-05-2012 05:46

Me too!

Lost in Cornwall 29-05-2012 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 994621)
Its accepted locally that its the Con club on Whalley Road, below it bottom, above top. I will however accept other reasons for locations.

I always thought it was the canal bridge/ con club but whichever way you look at it I was brought up as a bottom ender.

susie123 29-05-2012 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall (Post 994701)
I always thought it was the canal bridge/ con club but whichever way you look at it I was brought up as a bottom ender.

Wikipedia has

Clayton-le-Moors is said to be a town of halves. Residents were 'top-ender' or 'bottom-ender', depending on which side of the Load O'Mischief pub, now demolished to make way for the M65 motorway. The two had firm opinions about each other and rarely mixed There was, however, an annual football match between each at the running track at Wilson's Playing Fields.

The reference given is

http://www.visitlancashire.com/site/...e-moors-p96170

but I can find no mention of the subject there. Mind you that site also has a picture of the Market Hall which is labelled as the Town Hal lso I don't know how reliable it is.

cashman 29-05-2012 09:48

I take wiki wi a pinch o salt, anybody can put owt on yon susie.;)

susie123 29-05-2012 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 994724)
I take wiki wi a pinch o salt, anybody can put owt on yon susie.;)

I do, Cashy I do. Just waiting for the right answer to the top/bottom ender debate to surface - if there is one! Eric, where are you?

davemac 29-05-2012 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 994714)
Wikipedia has

Clayton-le-Moors is said to be a town of halves. Residents were 'top-ender' or 'bottom-ender', depending on which side of the Load O'Mischief pub, now demolished to make way for the M65 motorway. The two had firm opinions about each other and rarely mixed There was, however, an annual football match between each at the running track at Wilson's Playing Fields.

The reference given is

Destination Guide to Lancashire - Towns & Villages

but I can find no mention of the subject there. Mind you that site also has a picture of the Market Hall which is labelled as the Town Hal lso I don't know how reliable it is.

I have heard that reference before , but I believe its wrong, I used to be a bottom ender some 15 years ago, and then I moved and was refered to as a topender, and I am this side of what used to be the Load.

I still go down to the area refered to as a bottom end, but only to chase parked cars.

Margaret Pilkington 29-05-2012 19:30

I have lived in Clayton since 1966......top end......Henry Street at first then down by the canal.
I always thought that the top end ended at the Albion/Con club...but am happy to be corrected...after all, I am only a jumped up foreigner from Accrington(that is what someone once called me many years ago).

davemac 29-05-2012 21:16

Todays effort Part 1.
1. Leaving Clayton and on way to Church.
2. Chillaxing on Riley's Swing Bridge.
3. A big herd of gooses.
4. Nearly at Church Kirk.
5. Over Church Kirk Bridge and away to Rishton.
6. Looking out toward The Nab.
7. Looking back at St. James Church, and the bridge.
8. Where the Leeds/Liverpool canal crosses the M65, whilst I was there they had discovered a leak under the bridge on the motorway, apparently it had dropped off a greengrocers wagon
9. I can see my house from here.
10. High Street Rishton.

davemac 29-05-2012 21:33

No cant upload, so will try later.

davemac 29-05-2012 21:38

10 Attachment(s)
Found the problem. I'm crackers.Anyway back to business

Todays effort Part 1.
1. Leaving Clayton and on way to Church.
2. Chillaxing on Riley's Swing Bridge.
3. A big herd of gooses.
4. Nearly at Church Kirk.
5. Over Church Kirk Bridge and away to Rishton.
6. Looking out toward The Nab.
7. Looking back at St. James Church, and the bridge.
8. Where the Leeds/Liverpool canal crosses the M65, whilst I was there they had discovered a leak under the bridge on the motorway, apparently it had dropped off a greengrocers wagon
9. I can see my house from here.
10. High Street Rishton.

davemac 29-05-2012 21:43

4 Attachment(s)
Today in pictures Part 2.
11. Is that not the biggest barge you have seen?
12. Off the canal and on to Tottleworth.
13. St James Church, from Tottleworth.
14. The Coppice and Hameldon from same location.

davemac 29-05-2012 21:57

10 Attachment(s)
Whilst I am winning I will post Today in flowers.
1. The Irises are out, I didn't know they were going on strike
2. Nitbone on the canal bank at Church.
3. Hawthorn, wild variety.
4. Nitbone again, this time at Rishton on the canal.
5. Dog rose full bloom.
6. Dog rose bud, didn't notice the greenfly until I got home.
7. Cornflower.
8. Vetch, again didn't notice the ants at the time.
9. Ash tree keys (seeds) maturing in the sun.
10. Hawthorn, cultivated, growing in a garden.

davemac 29-05-2012 22:27

3 Attachment(s)
Just to complete today pics, the outtakes.
1. I'm only taking your picture , no need for raspberry's
2. Well I dont find it funny.
3. Does my bum look big in this barge

mobertol 30-05-2012 07:26

Wonderful photos again Dave -feel like i've just been for a walk with you!:D

susie123 30-05-2012 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 994881)
Just to complete today pics, the outtakes.
1. I'm only taking your picture , no need for raspberry's
2. Well I dont find it funny.
3. Does my bum look big in this barge

Those horses are just wonderful - and that barge is on steroids!

Margaret Pilkington 30-05-2012 12:30

7 Attachment(s)
Well, himself has taken our Oz visitors to Skipton....so being left to my own devices I took a bit of a walk along the canal bank........I thought I might bump into Davemac with his camera......and I would have been able to put his picture on here......alas, only met a couple of chaps who were enjoying a few beers.
Went down to Merer Park after the canal walk.......some pics.
1) Yellow Iris
2) Moorfield colliery Placque - on the Canal bridge.
3)Mr and Mrs C. Goose - doing a bit of preening.
4)White Dog Rose with a visiting fly.
5) Carpet bag cat......he ran off as soon as I had taken his picture.
6) An accurate dandelion clock.....I know it was accurate because I set my watch by it :).

See Dave you shamed me into getting out and about.

Margaret Pilkington 30-05-2012 12:41

10 Attachment(s)
Pics taken in Mercer Park.
1) Romeo - handsome boy isn't he?
2) Spades....... having a rest.
3) statue.
4) Mercer House - trimmed up.
5) Poppy.
6) Big poppy.
7) Iris
8) Pink Lupins
9) Poppy to be.
10) sundial - Innaccurate - somebody stole the finger.

susie123 30-05-2012 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 994963)
Well, himself has taken our Oz visitors to Skipton....so being left to my own devices I took a bit of a walk along the canal bank........I thought I might bump into Davemac with his camera......and I would have been able to put his picture on here......alas, only met a couple of chaps who were enjoying a few beers.

Haha Margaret didn't think it would be long before you got in on the act! Lovely pics as always - but you didn't mention the one with the ducks!

BTW I think the cat may have run off looking a bit peeved because you thought it was a he - I think the vast majority of tortoiseshell cats are female!

Margaret Pilkington 30-05-2012 13:13

Quote:

1) Yellow Iris
2) Moorfield colliery Placque - on the Canal bridge.
3)Mr and Mrs C. Goose - doing a bit of preening.
4)White Dog Rose with a visiting fly.
5) Carpet bag cat......he ran off as soon as I had taken his picture.
6) An accurate dandelion clock.....I know it was accurate because I set my watch by it :).

Picture 5 is not the cat....that is picture 6...picture five is ....two ducks having a siesta.......and picture 7 is the dandelion clock I set my watch by :)

Margaret Pilkington 30-05-2012 13:21

I've noticed that I also managed to get a 'c' in plaque.......I'm going to have to let Jaysay have this keyboard back :)

Retlaw 30-05-2012 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 994974)
I've noticed that I also managed to get a 'c' in plaque.......I'm going to have to let Jaysay have this keyboard back :)

Them dammed C's get every where, thats what come of being in the Clique.:):):):):)

davemac 30-05-2012 19:38

Quote:

I was on the canal about 2 ish went through to Altham bridge, haven't done the pictures yet.
Likewise, I thought I saw you in Asda this afternoon and followed you, to see if it was you, it wasn't. When I explained to the police I wasn't stalking they sent me home with a caution.
Is that your dog?

Margaret Pilkington 30-05-2012 19:52

As you can see from my exif data....I was on my walk a bit earlier.
Not been to Asda, but they say everyone has a double(the poor woman)...mine's a double brandy :).
No....the dog isn't mine. Romeo(that is his name) was being walked by his owner, but he sat down and posed for me to take his picture....just how good is that?

davemac 30-05-2012 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 995096)
As you can see from my exif data....I was on my walk a bit earlier.
Not been to Asda, but they say everyone has a double(the poor woman)...mine's a double brandy :).
No....the dog isn't mine. Romeo(that is his name) was being walked by his owner, but he sat down and posed for me to take his picture....just how good is that?

Not sure how to get the exif data from an uploaded picture, I can do it from my pictures but not ones on the site?

Margaret Pilkington 30-05-2012 20:53

Same pics are on my flickr page Dave........the one of the dog was taken at 12midday and I had done the canal walk by then, and was on my way round the park and then home for lunch.

davemac 30-05-2012 20:57

10 Attachment(s)
As today was shopping day the walk was not too adventurous, but here goes.
1. This one is a bit "busy", swans, dog, boats, Blackburn Road bridge.
2. This is the site of the former Dr. Lovelace's floating soap factory, now the masonic hall.
3. We have countryside right on the doorstep.
4. Overlooking St. Mary's Church, The Nab in the distance.
5. Looking back at the Conservative Club.
6. A reflective bit of the canal.
7. This pollen gets right up my hooter.
8. What light from yonder window breaks
Then onto shopping.
9. Hyndburn Road roundabout.
10. Hagg Lodge, next to Asda

davemac 30-05-2012 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 995117)
Same pics are on my flickr page Dave........the one of the dog was taken at 12midday and I had done the canal walk by then, and was on my way round the park and then home for lunch.

Got it, I shot up a cul de sac with that one I was trying the ones on here. like I said i,m crackers.

Margaret Pilkington 30-05-2012 21:03

The swans and cygnets were nowhere to be seen when I set off just after 11 am.
I walked as far as the Pilkington bridge and then came back because it was looking a bit grey........and it was just spitting with rain as I was coming out of the park.
Sorry our paths didn't cross...one day soon we are going to stumble across each other......taking pics.

susie123 30-05-2012 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 995121)
Sorry our paths didn't cross...one day soon we are going to stumble across each other......taking pics.

I hope not - you might break your camera!

Margaret Pilkington 30-05-2012 21:13

Oh my camera bag is well padded....and it might be a way of getting a replacement...funded by my accidental damage insurance:) (note to the cosmos - I don't mean it....I like my camera)

davemac 30-05-2012 21:41

10 Attachment(s)
Today in flowers, the journey continues.

1. Weigelia, flowering a bit to soon.
2. Cow Parsley on the canal bank.
3. Dogwood.
4. Dogrose buds.
5. Ivy seed head.
6. Pine tree spreading pollen.
7. Clover hanging over the canal, see the clouds reflecting in the water.
8. Buttercups just before harvesting for cough medicine.
9. Different type of Cow Parsley, more compact.
10. Aquilegia growing wild on Burnley Road Recreation field.

Restless 30-05-2012 21:44

1 Attachment(s)
only the one from me today. I am much tooo tired this week from all the long hours at work. I stare enough at a monitor and type my fingers to the bone. Do not have the energy for participation via the keyboard for much hehe

but i did stop to capture the souls of some horses

davemac 30-05-2012 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 995121)
The swans and cygnets were nowhere to be seen when I set off just after 11 am.
I walked as far as the Pilkington bridge and then came back because it was looking a bit grey........and it was just spitting with rain as I was coming out of the park.

I am out everyday in various directions, and cant understand why our paths haven't crossed. Don't know the names of road bridges, just the Roads they go under, and today walked as far as Burnley Road bridge Altham, the buttercup fields are just to the left as the bridge approaches.
I have seen the swans with cygnets as far as the Altham Marina, and around Riley's swing bridge the other way

davemac 30-05-2012 21:53

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 995137)
only the one from me today. I am much tooo tired this week from all the long hours at work. I stare enough at a monitor and type my fingers to the bone. Do not have the energy for participation via the keyboard for much hehe

but i did stop to capture the souls of some horses

Did you see its piercing eyes, I thought it looked a bit like Jimmy Saville

And what did you think about the brown one?

Restless 30-05-2012 21:58

the one with the blue eyes? Yeah they are bright and piercing for sure.

The brown one was attempting to eat over the fence.... seemed to be interested in the gravel.

davemac 30-05-2012 22:02

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 995145)

The brown one was attempting to eat over the fence.... seemed to be interested in the gravel.

If you look at it straight on it looks like it has got the wrong size of head on.

susie123 30-05-2012 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 995143)
Did you see its piercing eyes, I thought it looked a bit like Jimmy Saville

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 995145)

That's the one that was laughing at you the other day, Dave. What strange eyes - no wonder it had them covered up earlier.

davemac 30-05-2012 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 995150)
That's the one that was laughing at you the other day, Dave. What strange eyes - no wonder it had them covered up earlier.

If you look at the "jimmy saville" picture again, you will notice why it is a bit frisky looking.

mobertol 31-05-2012 11:39

Still enjoying looking at all your shots Dave and now Margaret too.

Fell off my bike the other day so didn't take any (was shaken by the earthquke and unbalanced!) -have been left with a stiff knee and haven't been out on it since. Will add a couple later of the Mayday procession which came to our farm yesterday evening.

Margaret Pilkington 31-05-2012 11:48

I won't be out today with the camera......it is p1ssitively possing it down.
My camera doesn't like the rain....and I don't like taking it out in the rain.

Sorry to hear about your fall Dianne...hope the stiffness eases soon.
look forward to the pics though.

cashman 31-05-2012 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 995230)

Fell off my bike the other day so didn't take any (was shaken by the earthquke and unbalanced!) -have been left with a stiff knee and haven't been out on it since. Will add a couple later of the Mayday procession which came to our farm yesterday evening.

See theres advantages to being bone idle......I,m o.k.:D

davemac 31-05-2012 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 995230)

Sorry for the accident, we will of course require shots of the bike and stiff knee to validate this........seriously though, we will be here when you are better.

davemac 31-05-2012 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 995234)
I won't be out today with the camera......it is p1ssitively possing it down.
My camera doesn't like the rain....and I don't like taking it out in the rain.

Sorry to hear about your fall Dianne...hope the stiffness eases soon.
look forward to the pics though.

There is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing...Never mind, it will be nice tomorrow

Margaret Pilkington 31-05-2012 19:23

Yes Dave, I did think of getting a weather proof coat for my camera....after all, I'm not sugar or salt and I won't melt....but my camera would have to be fettled....I don't like taking it out in the rain.
I'm hoping that Sunday is going to be dry.....there is a bit of a street party down the back of Blackburn Road, and there is a bit of something going on in Mercer Park....would like to get some unposed shots of folk enjoying their day....having a picnic, raising a glass...playing Splat a Rat.(wonder if I should put a plastic bag over the camera)

davemac 31-05-2012 19:23

10 Attachment(s)
Suitably dressed against the weather, waterproof pants, anorak, flat cap, that was just the dog, I ventured out to discover the delights of Lower Barns Street.

1. We started by going through a damp Mercer Park.
2. Heading through the park to the bottom gates.
3. We don't care if its raining, were having a couple of ends.
4. And there we are, heading for the bottom gates.
5. Down Lower Barns Street, with a view of Gt. Harwood.
6. Down the ginnel past the flat iron.
7. Hyndburn Brook again, fast flowing due to rain.
8. Bob says, if you can throw the stick I will get it!
9. Oi, wait for me.
10. Back through Mercer Park again, and home for a cup of Complan.

davemac 31-05-2012 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 995308)
Yes Dave, I did think of getting a weather proof coat for my camera....after all, I'm not sugar or salt and I won't melt....but my camera would have to be fettled....I don't like taking it out in the rain.
I'm hoping that Sunday is going to be dry.....there is a bit of a street party down the back of Blackburn Road, and there is a bit of something going on in Mercer Park....would like to get some unposed shots of folk enjoying their day....having a picnic, raising a glass...playing Splat a Rat.(wonder if I should put a plastic bag over the camera)

I know what you mean, they cost too much to damage.

I tried using a plastic bag to take photos through, didnt work, it was a black bin bag

Margaret Pilkington 31-05-2012 19:35

You are....'ow you say - Crackers!
I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you have confirmed it.

I tried using my camera in a clear plastic bag....the results left a lot to be desired(OK if you like soft focus)....and my camera kept giving me error messages......and the lens kept popping back into the camera.

Yes, they do cost too much to damage....and I like the camera's I have got...I'm used to them........don't really want to change.
Although...although, our Oz visitors brought with them a Canon EOS 600d........I fondled it lovingly and drooled(not while I was holding the camera - didn't want to damage it) If Santa brought me one of those I wouldn't be too disappointed. :)

davemac 31-05-2012 19:36

8 Attachment(s)
Now for Today in flowers the never ending story,

1. Flower of the Elder.
2. Brambles.
3. Rhododendrons in the churchyard. (All Saints).
4. Rhododendrons in the park (Mercer).
5. Not sure about this it was growing wild among the nettles, perhaps Hydrangea paniculata, but just a guess.
6. This was growing on a tree stump, some type of fungus.
7. Clematis Montana growing in someones garden.
8. A wet Poppy.

davemac 31-05-2012 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 995316)
You are....'ow you say - Crackers!
I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you have confirmed it.

I tried using my camera in a clear plastic bag....the results left a lot to be desired(OK if you like soft focus)....and my camera kept giving me error messages......and the lens kept popping back into the camera.

Yes, they do cost too much to damage....and I like the camera's I have got...I'm used to them........don't really want to change.
Although...although, our Oz visitors brought with them a Canon EOS 600d........I fondled it lovingly and drooled(not while I was holding the camera - didn't want to damage it) If Santa brought me one of those I wouldn't be too disappointed. :)

Well, you will have to make a list for santa, with locations to purchase and leave it on the mantelpiece, and dont make his tea untill he reads it.

Margaret Pilkington 31-05-2012 19:41

Tried that, it doesn't work...he is more than capable of cooking his own tea...so he would never starve.
I would have to buy it myself and lie about the price :)(no hardship in the lying bit)

davemac 01-06-2012 19:58

7 Attachment(s)
Today in pictures, very busy today so only a short walk, but don't worry I took you down town when I went.
1. Off by the canal and down Checkers.
2. Through the Peter Road estate.
3. Up Blackburn Road, the line of trees is the slip road to the motorway.
4. Parked up, and up Union Street, it was not very busy.
5. The Arndale Center was deserted.
6. Had a quick ride on a Gee Gee.
7. The Coppice and Hameldon dominate the town. I was getting a new liberty bodice at Matalan.

davemac 01-06-2012 22:17

7 Attachment(s)
And to finish a busy day, Today in limited flowers.
1. Bee hanging on a sycamore flower.
2. Nettles in flower, nice to pick a bunch, and spend a day in hospital.
3. Clover.
4. Variety of dock.
5. Grass.
6. Ornamental Onion.
7. Euphorbia.