Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   New Photo Competition 25 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/new-photo-competition-25-a-65376.html)

Mick 01-12-2013 20:52

New Photo Competition 25

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE UPLOADING TO THE COMPETITION
PLEASE READ THE RULES ON EACH COMPETITION AS THERE MIGHT BE SLIGHT CHANGES FOR A COMPETITION THANKYOU

Each competition will run for 2 weeks, 12 days for uploading photo's and a further 2 days which can be used for voting only.

After the 12 day upload period, voting only will be allowed for 2 days then voting will be stopped.

Anyone can vote, you don't have to enter the competition to be entitled to a vote but it is 1 vote per person.

The winner will get to choose a theme for the next competition.
( You won't need to do anything else, the moderators will create the folder to be uploaded too)
UPLOADING ends at 10pm on the Friday night, you have 48 hours to VOTE (until 10pm Sunday UK time)

The winner then has 12 hours to PM Mick with the next THEME (PLEASE PM DO NOT POST THE NEW THEME ON SITE I COULD MISS IT PM ONLY PLEASE)
if I have not been contacted within this time Mick will pick the Next theme.

In the event of a tie the person who chose the theme will decide on the winner.

upto 5 entries are allowed per person.

Anymore than this will be removed, your 1st 5 uploads will stay - later ones will be removed.

All images must be your own work, Or close family.
Scanned,(from your own photos) digital, phone, video stills are all allowed,
(please don’t use images off the Internet or from magazines or from postcards as we don’t want Accyweb getting into trouble for hosting copyright images).

You will retain copyright of all your images.
No photo's to be removed from the photo competition by any member except mods or admin.

Photo's altered with image editing software will be allowed.
THE THEME CHOSEN BY : Uncle Mick is :Icons
Cultural, religous, people or places, in fact anything you think is "Iconic"

Closing date for this competition is 22:00pm on Friday 13th Dec 2013
and voting will be allowed up to 22:00pm on Sunday 15th Dec 2013
NOTE

It would help me if all members that have entered the competition are on line at the closing of the competition,

so i can set the next competition up quickly thank you .
I know its not all ways possible but if you can it would help
I hope you all enjoy and enter some great photos
and we can make this a great success like it was before

If you have any questions or Problems with the competition please send me a pm and i will try to answer you as soon as i can

Link to Gallery Competition

http://www.accringtonweb.com/gallery...y.php/cat/1024

Mick 01-12-2013 21:09

Re: New Photo Competition 25

NOTICE PLEASE READ BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR ENTERIES TO THE COMPETITION

It has come to my attention that there might be a problem uploading photos to the Gallery
We have had this before so I know what the problem is but there is not a lot I can do about it only the site owner can reset the space.

The Gallery is a add-on to the site and the owner had to allot space in the gallery for each member ordinary members get a set amount (not sure of how much) members that donate to the site get more space on the servers
If you have run out of space then you can’t upload to the gallery
This can be altered by the owner but not something I can do
Although the gallery software will reduce a large photo file you’re still allocated the high amount eg: you upload a photo that is 3mb the site will reduce this for the gallery to say 100kb but you’re still allocated the 3mb which comes off the amount your account was set up with.
So please reduce the file size of your photo BEFORE uploading it
If you still have problems please PM me as I can upload your photos for you I have unlimited space.
If the problem gets too bad I will have to stop the competitions till the owner can sort the gallery out again sorry about this.
At the moment there seems to be 2 members that have had problems
Also instead of uploading all 5 photos together try doing it one at a time after resizing the file of course.
Any problems please let me know through the PM system and I will see what I can do for you.
Mick

Mick 02-12-2013 05:23

ok competition now open

Turtle 03-12-2013 11:41

That is a great theme, and quite a challenging one too! I have a couple of ideas, but I'll have to be quick as I'm away all next week.

shillelagh 05-12-2013 17:58

2 Attachment(s)
would you class these as accyweb icons .....

gpick24 05-12-2013 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 1086436)

They`d have been more at home in the halloween theme.:D

shillelagh 05-12-2013 18:29

probably ... thing was i didn't get sent a text to go down to railway on a misunderstanding by mick them weeks ... mind you does the beer not class as being an icon ....:p

susie123 05-12-2013 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 1086436)

Are we talking the pink duck here?

Mick 13-12-2013 08:13

Just a reminder that uploads for this competition will close at 10pm ish tonight:)

Mick 13-12-2013 21:03

ok you now have till 10pm ish on Sunday to vote

susie123 14-12-2013 08:25

Some great shots on here, what a pity I fell asleep and forgot to upload mine! Moral: upload mine and do it earlier! but this has been me for the last few days! :mad::sick::sick:

mobertol 14-12-2013 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1087197)
Some great shots on here, what a pity I fell asleep and forgot to upload mine! Moral: upload mine and do it earlier! but this has been me for the last few days! :mad::sick::sick:

Hope you're soon feeling chirpier Sue :) -I noticed you'd missed playing the quiz the other day...

Margaret Pilkington 14-12-2013 15:41

Sue, I have been fratting with Eric and he was saying that he had noticed you were missing.......I had noticed too...but my life has been a bit up and down too - you know the score.

Conserve your strength Sue...save some for lifting a glass of fine malt on Christmas day, for directing the cooking and for lying back and watching somethig good on TV(if there is anything good on TV).

maxthecollie 14-12-2013 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1087197)

So did I

Turtle 14-12-2013 21:13

Just managed to get my vote in - a hard choice as always!