Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Photo competition on hold PLEASE READ (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/photo-competition-on-hold-please-read-66793.html)

Mick 30-11-2014 20:29

Photo competition on hold PLEASE READ

I am thinking of putting the photo competition on hold after this next comp
until the owner has time to sort the memory allocation out as not as many members can enter at the moment
what do you think

Turtle 30-11-2014 20:30

re: Photo competition on hold PLEASE READ

Personally I think it's a good idea Mick.

Margaret Pilkington 30-11-2014 21:19

Re: Photo competition on hold PLEASE READ

This idea gets a 'Yes' from me Mick

davemac 30-11-2014 21:21

I think its a sensible thing to do.

gpick24 30-11-2014 21:33

Photo competition on hold PLEASE READ

I'm easy. If those who can still enter are happy to continue with limited entries, then that's fine with me, I'll keep looking and voting. Be glad when it's all sorted though.

mobertol 01-12-2014 13:27

I think there's a fair concensus of yes votes Mick - it's a shame so many can't upload at all and those who can seem to be struggling to do so for some reason or other (I took several attempts to manage over the last 3 or 4 comps). Maybe better to wait till it's sorted.

maxthecollie 01-12-2014 15:04

Big yes from me.

Neil 01-12-2014 16:38

I voted no, please will all those who were having a problem uploading pictures please try and post now. SOme user accounts still had limits on them but Roy has just changed them all to unlimited so you should now be able to post.

Let us know please if you can't

davemac 01-12-2014 16:44

just went through the motions without actually uploading a photo, and didnt get the notice that I couldnt, so looks like there is a breakthrough, so therefore my answer is now yes, keep the competition going.

gpick24 01-12-2014 17:02

1 Attachment(s)
Space wasn`t the issue for me, I have images stuck in a queue, whenever I try to upload it just adds to these. Just tried again and I now have 5.

Margaret Pilkington 01-12-2014 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1125204)
I voted no, please will all those who were having a problem uploading pictures please try and post now. SOme user accounts still had limits on them but Roy has just changed them all to unlimited so you should now be able to post.

Let us know please if you can't

Yippppppeeeee! I have now got unlimited space......so I take back my vote. It looks like the problem (for me at any rate) is fixed.
Give Roy a big wet sloppy kiss from me Neil.:D:D:D

Less 01-12-2014 17:13

So, if he has made everyone unlimited it must be worth trying to upload once more?
I suspect this to be a quick fix, trying to keep folk happy whilst he gets time to sort the real problem???

Margaret Pilkington 01-12-2014 17:47

Yes Less, as soon as we get a theme for the next comp I will be testing the water.

Neil 01-12-2014 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1125210)
So, if he has made everyone unlimited it must be worth trying to upload once more?
I suspect this to be a quick fix, trying to keep folk happy whilst he gets time to sort the real problem???

When I asked he thought everyone was on unlimited until he checked and found that not everyone was. He has now made it so everyone is. I have passed on the screen shot of the stuck upload queue, hopefully that may be a quick fix as well.

Neil 01-12-2014 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1125209)
Yippppppeeeee! I have now got unlimited space......so I take back my vote. It looks like the problem (for me at any rate) is fixed.
Give Roy a big wet sloppy kiss from me Neil.:D:D:D

Errrrm, I will leave that to you, unless I've had a few drinks then he might get lucky :rolleyes: