Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   New Photo Competition 51 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/new-photo-competition-51-a-66794.html)

Mick 30-11-2014 20:36

New Photo Competition 51

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE UPLOADING TO THE COMPETITION
PLEASE READ THE RULES ON EACH COMPETITION AS THERE MIGHT BE SLIGHT CHANGES FOR A COMPETITION THANKYOU

Each competition will run for 2 weeks, 12 days for uploading photo's and a further 2 days which can be used for voting only.

After the 12 day upload period, voting only will be allowed for 2 days then voting will be stopped.

Anyone can vote, you don't have to enter the competition to be entitled to a vote but it is 1 vote per person.
The winner will get to choose a theme for the next competition.
( You won't need to do anything else, the moderators will create the folder to be uploaded too)
UPLOADING ends at 10pm on the Friday night, you have 48 hours to VOTE (until 10pm Sunday UK time)
The winner then has 12 hours to PM Mick with the next THEME (PLEASE PM DO NOT POST THE NEW THEME ON SITE I COULD MISS IT PM ONLY PLEASE)
if I have not been contacted within this time Mick will pick the Next theme.
In the event of a tie the person who chose the theme will decide on the winner.

upto 5 entries are allowed per person.

Anymore than this will be removed, your 1st 5 uploads will stay - later ones will be removed.

All images must be your own work, Or close family.

Scanned,(from your own photos) digital, phone, video stills are all allowed,
(please don’t use images off the Internet or from magazines or from postcards as we don’t want Accyweb getting into trouble for hosting copyright images).

You will retain copyright of all your images.
No photo's to be removed from the photo competition by any member except mods or admin.

Photo's altered with image editing software will be allowed.
THE THEME CHOSEN BY : ossy kid is :Through the window

Closing date for this competition is 22:00pm on Friday 12th Dec 2014
and voting will be allowed up to 22:00pm on Sunday 14th Dec 2014

NOTE
It would help me if all members that have entered the competition are on line at the closing of the competition,
so i can set the next competition up quickly thank you .

I know its not all ways possible but if you can it would help
I hope you all enjoy and enter some great photos
and we can make this a great success like it was before
Please note:
If you enter a competition have a new theme ready in case you win I will need this to set the next comp up
PLEASE do not ask me to pick a theme and they must be new and not been done before

If you have any questions or Poblems with the competition please send me a pm and i will try to answer you as soon as i can

Link to Gallery Competition
http://www.accringtonweb.com/gallery...y.php/cat/1054

Mick 02-12-2014 05:03

Re: New Photo Competition 51

PLEASE NOTE

THIS WILL BE THE LAST COMPETITION UNTILL THE GALLERYS MEMORY PROBLEM IS SORTED OUT

SORRY
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s11571.gif

Mick 02-12-2014 05:05

OH by the way this competition is now open:D

ossy kid 02-12-2014 15:11

So I went to take a photo of the sunrise this morning through the window and- yup, all I got was a flash back?? Dumb or what. So, In don,t have to take a photo through the window, it,s what I see from the window which is still a bit restrictive, then I thought, there are car windows, bus windows, train windows, shop windows, not restrictive at all, I just have to be a little imaginative. Where's the camera.

Margaret Pilkington 02-12-2014 15:19

You could also take one of the fantastic window displays over the Christmas period......after all you can look into a window as well as look out through one.

ossy kid 02-12-2014 15:38

Right Margaret, just don't take one through your neighbors bathroom window?

Margaret Pilkington 02-12-2014 16:16

The glass is frosted so you would have to imagine what was going on in there :)

Less 02-12-2014 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1125279)
after all you can look into a window as well as look out through one.

Somehow I don't think that excuse will work when I'm up before the bench next month!
:(

Margaret Pilkington 02-12-2014 18:20

Tell them that you have really bad eyesight and could see absolutely nothing.....and anyway if they didn't want you to see in why didn't they shut the curtains?

davemac 02-12-2014 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 1125278)
So I went to take a photo of the sunrise this morning through the window and- yup, all I got was a flash back?? Dumb or what. So, In don,t have to take a photo through the window, it,s what I see from the window which is still a bit restrictive, then I thought, there are car windows, bus windows, train windows, shop windows, not restrictive at all, I just have to be a little imaginative. Where's the camera.

disable the flash, taking a sunrise does not require a flash, plus if you are taking a photo through glass you have to get the lens as close to the glass as possible to remove reflections, or just open the window.

Turtle 03-12-2014 00:35

I braved the cold today and walked around looking through windows - from the inside and the outside. An interesting theme this! I hope to post some tomorrow :)

Margaret Pilkington 03-12-2014 11:10

Some camera's have a 'through glass' setting to minimise reflection too.

mobertol 05-12-2014 17:02

Some great entries in this competition - looks like everyone is managing to post again which is good news. Best get my skates on and find some photos for it too...

Mick 12-12-2014 05:56

Just a reminder entries must be in by 10pm tonight

Mick 12-12-2014 21:00

ok the hard work is done its now time for you all to go to the competition and vote
you have till Sunday about 10pm to do this
enjoy