Accrington Web

Accrington Web (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   A-Z OF PHOTO's (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/a-z-of-photos-68042.html)

Accyexplorer 01-03-2016 22:38

A-Z OF PHOTO's
 
1 Attachment(s)
Since the photo competition ended and nobody seems willing to answer when it will be back,I thought I'd introduce a alphabetical themed photo thread.
Each day will be allocated a letter and members are invited to upload 'one' photo that corresponds to that letter and the the day will be allocated the next letter in the alphabet at 12am (midnight).

The rules are:-
1. Only one photo to be uploaded per member.
2. No uploads after midnight for the previous day's theme letter.
3. Everyone who enters must be willing to give AccyEx green karma for introducing such a great thread....Joking :D

I'll start us off.

Accrington at night

Attachment 52249

Margaret Pilkington 02-03-2016 06:51

Re: A-Z OF PHOTO's
 
Nice idea Jason, but(there is always a but)I think this particular theme excludes any of the members who do not live in and around Accrington......and certainly those who live overseas.
I would be happy to be proved wrong though.
I was always keen to enter the photo comp, but I will have to give this a miss as I no longer go out after dark.......too scared of being even less visible that I am in daylight.

gpick24 02-03-2016 06:56

Re: A-Z OF PHOTO's
 
1 Attachment(s)
Birds, does the theme stay at B all day or change to C now?

Accyexplorer 02-03-2016 07:05

Re: A-Z OF PHOTO's
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1162771)
Nice idea Jason, but(there is always a but)I think this particular theme excludes any of the members who do not live in and around Accrington......and certainly those who live overseas.
I would be happy to be proved wrong though.
I was always keen to enter the photo comp, but I will have to give this a miss as I no longer go out after dark.......too scared of being even less visible that I am in daylight.

No,this theme thread is open to 'all members' regardless of their geographical location M.
It doesn't have to be a evening shot either,I'm sure you could find some pics in your archives if you wished to enter :)

Blackburn

Attachment 52251

Accyexplorer 02-03-2016 07:09

Re: A-Z OF PHOTO's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1162772)
Birds, does the theme stay at B all day or change to C now?

The theme stays at B till 12am (uk time) tonight....thanks for your upload :)

Margaret Pilkington 02-03-2016 07:18

Re: A-Z OF PHOTO's
 
Ash, I get it now.
I thought you had designated the theme Accrington by Night, but I see now that it can be any location that begins with the appropriate letter of the alphabet.

As to the original photo comps, they were abandoned because of a glitsch with the system being used for uploads.......and I don't think it could be fixed(well not until Accyweb gets a big update).
Knowing that pics can be taken from our own archives is good too.
You see, I have helped clarify a couple of things there........so I do have my uses.

Accyexplorer 02-03-2016 08:13

Re: A-Z OF PHOTO's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1162777)
Ash, I get it now.
I thought you had designated the theme Accrington by Night, but I see now that it can be any location that begins with the appropriate letter of the alphabet.

As to the original photo comps, they were abandoned because of a glitsch with the system being used for uploads.......and I don't think it could be fixed(well not until Accyweb gets a big update).
Knowing that pics can be taken from our own archives is good too.
You see, I have helped clarify a couple of things there........so I do have my uses.

We'll put it down to my bad explanation M,It doesn't have to be a location...any picture that corresponds with the day's letter will do :)

JCB 02-03-2016 09:42

Re: A-Z OF PHOTO's
 
1 Attachment(s)
Burnley Road , Accrington......Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip heading towards Accy centre for the Diamond Jubilee visit , 2012.

maxthecollie 02-03-2016 09:42

Re: A-Z OF PHOTO's
 
1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 52253

A big Bull ( Rump Steak on legs)

maxthecollie 02-03-2016 09:44

Re: A-Z OF PHOTO's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1162765)
Since the photo competition ended and nobody seems willing to answer when it will be back,I thought I'd introduce a alphabetical themed photo thread.
Each day will be allocated a letter and members are invited to upload 'one' photo that corresponds to that letter and the the day will be allocated the next letter in the alphabet at 12am (midnight).

The rules are:-
1. Only one photo to be uploaded per member.
2. No uploads after midnight for the previous day's theme letter.
3. Everyone who enters must be willing to give AccyEx green karma for introducing such a great thread....Joking :D

I'll start us off.

Accrington at night

Attachment 52249

You didn't give anyone a chance for A as you posted so late

JCB 02-03-2016 10:08

Re: A-Z OF PHOTO's
 
1 Attachment(s)
Bedlam , off top of Willows Lane

maxthecollie 02-03-2016 10:46

Re: A-Z OF PHOTO's
 
Oh dear you've broken the rules set by Accy Explorer. Yuo'll get your knuckles rapped

Turtle 02-03-2016 11:33

Re: A-Z OF PHOTO's
 
Nice idea, AccyEx! I will get to it once I've shovelled the snow off my driveway (we got a healthy dump in last night). I'll have to be careful with the time change though :)

Margaret Pilkington 02-03-2016 12:14

Re: A-Z OF PHOTO's
 
1 Attachment(s)
Blossoms...not a leaf on the tree,but only blossom.

Taken near the Daish's Hotel in Shanklin on the Isle of Wight.

It has taken me ages to look through a whole load of pictures........all on flash drives as this new machine has no current pictures on it.......every picture I have is on a flash drive of one sort or another.

JCB 02-03-2016 12:38

Re: A-Z OF PHOTO's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1162796)
Oh dear you've broken the rules set by Accy Explorer. Yuo'll get your knuckles rapped

Ooooops.....got carried away . :rolleyes:


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:01.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com

Page generated in 0.31450 seconds with 8 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1