Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2004, 23:06   #1
Senior Member+

A new guessing photo for you

Right, depends of course which area of Accrington you live in as to whether you recognize this view (now gone). See how good you all are!

I am struggling with updating my website www.accringtonuncovered.co.uk - hope to have it up and running soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quizzie.jpg (29.2 KB, 127 views)
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-02-2004, 14:28   #2
Junior Member+

This photo is looking down the side of the building just up from the swan. This peace of land is now a Car Park for the offices which you can see in the picture. The big building in the background is now used for a store room for a furniture shop in accy on church street.
Beermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2004, 18:49   #3
God Member

Did the building in the background used to be RM Williams before they moved up water st? (or oswald st, somewhere round there anyway!)
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2004, 07:05   #4
Senior Member+

Mystery photo that wasn't such a mystery afterall!

Gracious me! You are too good for this! Yep, you are both correct - its the back off Adelaide Street which led to Cockerill Court (sometimes referred to as Adelaide Court also). It was demolished approx. the same time as the New Jerusalem Church c1987. There used to be a well in this area of town, known as "Mally Dennison's Well". It existed in the 18th century. It was discovered in the mid 1920's and the water was still clear. It was discovered during some alterations in the basement of Adelaide Cottage, Adelaide Street. This building was at one time a printers and is now something to do with "home care" I believe. The well was, at one time, the chief water supply for this part of Accrington

And yes, R M Williams did have the property on Hargreaves Street, you can see the rear of the building on the photo.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..