Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2004, 07:18   #31
Senior Member+

Broadway

Hi Jambutty, just found this lovely old view, similar time to the one you posted earlier, but showing from a different angle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg resize.jpg (59.1 KB, 63 views)
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-02-2004, 12:39   #32
Apprentice Geriatric

Nice one Atarah.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:58   #33
Resident Waffler

Re: Accrington May 1957.

Brilliant photos! it did look a lot cleaner and nicer back then didn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGY
Thats no shadow Mik, it's a clearing in the trees and covered in shale.
We used to go up there as kids and everybody knew that part as The Eagle.
It was very hard to climb that bit because the ground just gave way beneath your feet. I remember a teacher from Peel Park telling me the reason no grass grew there was because us kids never gave it a chance!

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 07-09-2004 at 07:07.
WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 07:06   #34
Resident Waffler

Re: Town centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah
Hi, am surprised no-one has mentioned the Walter Smith confectionery van passing the Town Hall. I believe there were two shops, one facing the bottom of Water Street, where they reduced the price of the bread and cakes on a Saturday afternoon, and wasn't it their bakery on Cotton Street?
Oh that brings back memories too. My Mother always used to go into town late on a Saturday to see what was on offer before they shut up shop. It was usually cherry and walnut slices and my dad hated walnuts!!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..