Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2004, 09:19   #1
Senior Member+

Accrington Misc. views

Now I have been shown how to put photos on (Thanks to Owd Bert) I am gonna have another go now. This is one of my most favourite photos. The room still looks like this, totally untouched, and is the back room of a property in Accrington centre. You can guess where it is, but .......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg warnerstreetsecret1.JPG (55.1 KB, 226 views)

Last edited by Atarah; 19-01-2004 at 09:21.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-01-2004, 09:30   #2

Hi Atarah,
Should there be more text after "but" ?
Owd Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 09:34   #3
God Member

Give us another clue....
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 09:35   #4
Senior Member+

does anyone have any old pics of Brisbane street in Clayton that they could post on here ??
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 09:38   #5

Hi Atarah,
Further to my previous message -- with the greatest respect, -- if that`s your favourite photo I don`t reckon much for your taste -- please show us the one you detest.
Owd Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 09:40   #6
God Member

it looks like a torture chamber.......
Old 19-01-2004, 09:41   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owd Bert
Hi Atarah,
Further to my previous message -- with the greatest respect, -- if that`s your favourite photo I don`t reckon much for your taste -- please show us the one you detest.
ahhh, the old ' empty room' picture - you cant beat them - is it a before and after thing - with the after coming later................?
Old 19-01-2004, 09:50   #8
God Member

...Or possibly the burglars have been & nicked all the furniture. I give up trying to guess where it is anyway.....It appears to be an attic, it's big & the only other clue appears to be the window....& I can't recall seeing a window (from the outside) like that in the piccy.
Old 19-01-2004, 10:25   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
...Or possibly the burglars have been & nicked all the furniture. I give up trying to guess where it is anyway.....It appears to be an attic, it's big & the only other clue appears to be the window....& I can't recall seeing a window (from the outside) like that in the piccy.
So Who Lives In A House Like This........

Lets look at the evdience....its an attic, which is big and look at that window its just like.. a normal window but different.. with a view to the outside and the emptiness in this attic is just huge... it could be filled with lots of things... like furniture or perhaps boxes of junk but obvioulsy this person likes open spaces which is good cos they have got that here.....

Tealeaf.... Its Over To You....
Old 19-01-2004, 10:33   #10
Senior Member+

Nope, it is NOT an attic, its just a back room in an old terraced property. How about going back in time a bit ...."hand loom weavers cottage" ???
Old 19-01-2004, 10:44   #11
God Member

A Possibility is the front centre roof part of the market hall, although atarah says this is the rear of a building. That really can't be seen fully from ground level & if you imagine you are looking towards the rear of the market hall clock then you could accume you would be looking at an access door for the clock mechanism, & this does not appear to be the case.

Question. Why is there no window on the right hand side? Is that because there is an adjoining structure, which would rule out the above.

Why does Atarah call this a backroom, when it looks like an attic?
Old 19-01-2004, 10:45   #12
God Member

Atarah, what are you defining as "town centre"?
Old 19-01-2004, 10:47   #13
Senior Member+

The Town centre conservation area
Old 19-01-2004, 10:56   #14
God Member

OK then.....It's possibly one of the buildings up Abbey Street or just round the corner at the back of the Eastern side of Manchester Road.....don't know the name of the street, but it's a shop seelling some thing & I can't remember what...
Old 19-01-2004, 14:11   #15
God Member

i'll have a guess at warner st! the picture is called warnerstreetsecret1
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..