Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By folly

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2014, 11:51   #1

D.Sandiford Haulage

As asked for by Antonw sorry they aren't all the ones you was lookin for the one next to the f reg is the x reg. Think the w reg is the one behind the trailer, the t reg was in the shed and used for spares everyone was dreading there gearbox goin because the gearbox out of the t reg was back to front. Here are some photos of D. Sandiford trucks an a couple of trailers. Not forgetting the main dog blakie. Dennis's yard was based in the old Rishton paper mill. Dennis's main work was from ward Knowles printers of Oswaldtwistle and Blackburn and the soap factory at Ramsbottom which the name as escaped me . These photos were taken late 80's. Dennis's brother Brian was based behind westend auto's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG.jpg (415.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0001.jpg (408.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0002.jpg (390.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0003.jpg (407.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0004.jpg (391.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0005.jpg (370.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0006.jpg (389.4 KB, 22 views)
cashman and hilleluk like this.

Last edited by folly; 09-02-2014 at 11:54.
folly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-01-2018, 13:47   #2
Junior Member+

Re: D.Sandiford Haulage

OMG!!

Extremely sorry it's taken me so long to find these.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post them.
My father Tony drove NCK 598X throughout the 80s. I seem to remember someone called Alan (Billy Goat) drove the one with the air kit on it and the 95 was new in about 87.

Really great to see pictures of these trucks again, and crackers (My fathers name for the dog) too

if you've got anymore would be great to see them

Anton
Antonw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 18:54   #3
Senior Member+

Re: D.Sandiford Haulage

Dennis worked with me at Thomas Gilmartins (owned by Gilbraith) in the 60,s. He drove a Leyland Comet with 4 in line trailer. Mostly doing either Blythes work or Rishton paper mill work. Ive a photo of that lorry in my collection.
When we moved into the main Gilbraith haulage yard at Whinney Hill road Dennis started driving a Scammell Highwayman artic.
We all stayed at digs together in Calledonian road London, run by a Scottish lass called Kitty.
Antonw. I knew your father very well and he later drove for Tony Brierly.
When you were born he was living next to me on Hood street.

Folly. did you give the late Peter Davison a copy of those photos. He shared them with me many years ago.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..